• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rethinking the Conventions of the DGN Forums 1: The Admin Gets All The Credit

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In order to eliminate certain pain points causing stress on the forum, there has been a lot of discussion both in the suggestions forum and behind the scenes about some of our most deeply rooted conventions. Many of these discussions still have a long way to go, but I want to start rolling out some changes now to keep the process going.

The first convention we rethought is "The Admin Gets All the Credit." This isn't actually much of a convention--we'll get to some more deeply held ones later--but it's about time we recognize members for their contributions to forum improvement. I'll be adding a new award to be given to those who leave a lasting impact on the forum. For example, earlier this year Kitsu designed the ZD Green theme. This award will also recognize those who create images and icons for the forum, and other things as the need arises.

The first need to arise just happens to be for a name and two images for this award. This is a call to all you pixel artists, google image searchers, and anyone who can come up with at least a good idea of what the images should be. We'll need an appropriate name (best I can come up with is "Impact Award"), a roughly 16x16px icon, and a roughly (max) 64x64px image. Post your entries here and I'll pick the best one(s) on August 1st or 2nd. The creator will be the first to receive the award (followed immediately by Kitsu for ZD Green).

Some of the other conventions we're rethinking will include more opportunities to help out and receive this award.

PS: In the spirit of the title of this convention, this award was Djinn's idea. ;)

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
I don't quite understand what you mean by image? Do you mean like the banner things that say like, 'wiki scribe' or 'article writer'? Those images for 64x64?

Kybyrian

I don't quite understand what you mean by image? Do you mean like the banner things that say like, 'wiki scribe' or 'article writer'? Those images for 64x64?

If you take a look at the awards page (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/awards.php), you see that there are images listed for each award. First, there is an icon image (max size of 16x16px), and then there is an "Image" image (max size 64x64). He means he wants someone to design images for use as those icons to represent the award, similar to how the other image icons currently represent their award.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
I didn't realy know what you ment. so I just looked up a picture and changed it into an icon. I thought it'd bee ok to call it the "Improvement award" cause the new designs and stuff improve the website.
d75b921a0e6c7ca9eb18352b1ff4cb78.jpg

and I'll also provide a normal size pic:
rsz_82407.jpg

The First Noelle

Resident Miscreant
Sorry to double-post, but I just found an image that goes along with my name idea for the award.

basic.gif

I'm not sure how to enlarge it to be a normal icon, but I thought it might be useful as an idea.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I like the Footprint idea. Someone suggested the Footprint Ribbon from Pokemon:

Footprint_Ribbon.png

Would someone mind making a smaller version of this? Maybe just the foot without the ribbon if it looks too bad that small? I'm hoping to get this added ASAP.

Lawrencium said:
Would someone mind making a smaller version of this? Maybe just the foot without the ribbon if it looks too bad that small? I'm hoping to get this added ASAP.

I can try my foot hand at, it, sure. ~20px, right?

Does this look alright?
424d8c30d2.gif

I was toying around and also made this, though it kind of looks a little sloppy.
b72841cf0d.png

Last edited:

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
If you take a look at the awards page (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/awards.php), you see that there are images listed for each award. First, there is an icon image (max size of 16x16px), and then there is an "Image" image (max size 64x64). He means he wants someone to design images for use as those icons to represent the award, similar to how the other image icons currently represent their award.

Thank you for the explanation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom