• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resonance in Radiance

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Here's the sign up so that you can reference back if you need to. Anyway, here we go!

*********​

He sat on his throne, meditating in thought. Well meditation was what it was too him, but to a mortal it would probably be known as divining the future or some other term like that. He loved how humans had all these terms for things of that nature. Even more amusing were their terms for him which was what he found most unique about them. They had an insatiable curiosity and were quite good at making discoveries, often like a meddlesome child. He smiled, eyes still closed, at his thought.

Suddenly a small silver ball, floated up to his ear and appeared to whisper something in his ear. He nodded slowly and then said, "Fetch them all, and tell them human form."

A few moments later 13 individuals lined up in front of him, all varying in age appearance but each one was also vastly older than they appeared too. He looked at them for a few moments, calculating them when suddenly one of them yelled up at him.

"Hey Deus! What the hell is all this?! Human form and you want us to come and see you?! What kind of games are you trying to pull?"

He looked at her and said, "Angel, I think you should know very well what this is. All of you should." Deus Ex Machina, stood and said, "As god to both spirits and humans, it's my job to keep a watchful eye over all of you. And I have been. Unfortunately acting lazy is not supposed to be part of what a spirit does, and if they can't act accordingly with the principles I set forth to all spirits then I must not be doing my job right."

The group of spirits looked up to him quizzically. He sighed and said, "Valhalla is a realm meant for the spirits. In order to live here though, a spirit must be willing to contribute to their part of helping humans and keeping their world in check. But the 13 of you have failed this task and therefore I am sending you to the human world to learn what your true part in my grand design is. You will each find a human who can sense spirits and form a binding pact with them in order to learn their ways. Only by accomplishing this will you be allowed back into Valhalla."

"Wait, what?! Bu-" yelled Angel, but at that moment she disappeared, willed gone from Valhalla by the very creator himself.

"I wish I did not have to do that," he said to himself. The small silver ball from earlier asked why.

"Because they are all great spirits. Younger than some, but great. I just hope they realize this greatness, for the days to come will require that they heed my instruction if they hope to survive. They are the only ones that will help save this world from the forces of evil.

**********​

Cyrus

Cyrus stood on the ledge looking down. Life had been so miserable. He had tried his best making it through school and life in general but it just wasn't enough. He never had many friends and his job required a constant amount of exhausting work. Not to mention the death it involved. Being a surgical intern wasn't easy. Often he had people die on him and the attending surgeon. While most people brushed it off, Cyrus couldn't. He cried himself to sleep every night, clutching his rosary to his chest, and prayed that he could have the strength to make it through the next day. However it had finally won. Despair had finally won. And now he stood on the ledge, the top level of his apartment building and looked down. He saw the cold hard concrete 20 stories below. Nobody would really miss him. Sure, they'd be sad, but only his parents would care a lot, and even then, they really hadn't tried to stay open to him. Cyrus cried, clutching the rosary, and was about to take a step forward when a sudden flash of light made him jump. He lost his balance and fell, but suddenly a hand caught him and pulled him back onto the ledge and he hit the cement roof.

Angel

Angel felt a sudden tug and then Valhalla and Deus disappeared. Her initial thought of "What the hell?!" quickly vanished as she crashed into ground. She looked up to see a man just a few feet in front of her falling forward and on instinct she grabbed his arm and yanked him to the ground. He slowly rolled over after a couple seconds and she began to laugh.

"Ledges are to look over, not jump off silly."

((So yeah, really long post. Anyway, this is just to set the stage, but I'm hoping that it'll work. As for character interaction between players, well you all decide that. Shouldn't be too hard cause these kinds of things always happen ;)))

Last edited:
Melica got off the bus, stepping onto the sidewalk and continuing at a brisk pace. You know what would be nice right about now? A watch. She had no idea how late she was, none at all, but she knew she was. After a moment, she started to run. She felt like she was late--really, really late.

Lenyrin squinted in the sudden glare of bright light. Valhalla was gone--now a human city surrounded her. "The heck...?" She realized that he'd really done it--he'd banished her to the human world. Lenyrin grit her teeth in fury. "I'll get you for this, Dues Ex!" she shouted at the sky.

Meli fumbled around in her bag, looking for something. It took her almost a full minute to realize that she wasn't actually looking for anything. Groaning inwardly, she looked up and-- Holy crap there was a person there!

Something crashed into Lenyrin hard. "Ack! What the--" A woman with red hair was backing away form her quickly. She muttered an apology before walking around her quickly and continuing at run. "Do humans always run into each other like that?" Lenyrin muttered to herself.

((hehe. Idk about anything here.))

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Michael:

Michael couldn't believe it, Deus just kicked them out into the human world. At first Michael was furrious with him, that he had thrown them here to "learn what their true part in his grand design is." He was angry that Deus had sent them here; it was like a demotion. Then Michael recalled that Deus had pointed out that they were lazy in their work with helping the humans, and that was partly why he'd sent them here too. He laughed at himself and the others, and at how lazy they had been all this time. Then Michael decided to head off and find his "special human" so he could do his job and get back to Valhalla.

Kyle:

Kyle didn't go to college after high school, he didn't think it was worth his time for four more years of school to do things he didn't care to do. Mainly he didn't know what to do with his life, but he didn't care. What he did with his time was work for the old man at the grocery store in town, and then spend the rest of his time doing things he liked to do. He wasn't a lazy home bum who played games or anything; he mostly hiked in the park trails and drew. He liked to draw, ever since he was a kid.

Today Kyle was doing nothing though. The kind old man, whom he had actually know since he was born basically, had given him a day off and so he was stuck with nothing to do. The weather was nice, but Kyle knew when to go and when not to go hiking. There were certain people at the park on certain days, and on Mondays there were people there he didn't like at all. They were gangster men who came to the shop often to steal. Although Kyle was able to scare them off each time, they still bothered him. He had no way of reporting them properly to the poliece either, because he couldn't support his case very well.

So Kyle just sat in front of his house, contemplating life basically.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Neah

Neah was annoyed. Everywhere he went many faces were continuously glaring at him. He hated the continuous hatred, hated it. So he decided something: recently there had been a couple of children who went missing. Neah knew where they went; he followed their trail on the Internet by hacking into their computer to find out where they have decided to go the day they went missing.
A cave.
Neah grinned to himself. If he brought back these kids safe and sound, maybe he will have a chance to be a normal boy, not a killer's son?
He entered the cave.... And instantly regretted it.

Skaia
A young girl snarled when she reappeared in the human world... In a cave. "A cave? Really?! Ugh, Dammit Deus! Playing tricks on my even in the human world!
Skaia found a hole in the roof of the cave and, in the dim light, had a look at herself. She frowned when she realised that she had two hands instead of her left hand being a large black cat paw. In fact, no tufts of fur were visible anywhere! Darn it, even her left eye lost the mass of fur over it like a mask and the black cat ear. She was a normal human; with long black hair with a hint of purple. Her fringe was long, so she had to put it over the side, even though a bit of the fringe draped off the hair like a small wing. The only realisation that she was a spirit was the single red eye.

Smoothing down her dark black knee-high dress, Skaia wandered deep into the cave.
And gasped.
A 13-year old boy was walking along, two young children at his heels. The boy had black hair with two huge bangs in front of his face in a widow's peak fashion. The hair on the back of his head was long and sticking up a little. The ends of his hair were dip-dyed a bright sky blue, matching his pale eyes. He wore a white school short and jeans. Skaia decided to watch from thr shadows. After all, she was here to learn about the human race.
There was a crack, and the group, as well as Skaia, froze. One of the children turned to the black-haired older boy. "Are y-you sure we a-a-are going to be s-safe Neah....?" The child whispered. The older boy, supposedly called Neah, nodded. "Don't worry. We ate very near the exit now.

Skaia adjusted her single red eye to the dimness, and saw with a start that a huge boulder was heading towards Neah. Skaia dashed forward and pushed him out of the way.

CRASH!

Both Skaia and Neah concurrently got up. Skaia turned to him. "What are you doing here with children?! This is not a playground!"
The two heard horrified screams coming from behind and they returned to the children. "Uhh, getting squashed? Come on, we
need to get to the entrance"
Neah walked forward with the children. Skaia shrugged and followed suit.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Angelo was cheering to himself. " My plan worked! I get to see the human world!" He had always wanted to see it, but had never been allowed to go.

Liam comes across another one of Them. It greets him enthusiastically. " Hello! I'm Angelo! You're my new partner!" Liam was taken aback by this. " Uh… Okay." Angelo looked excited. " Great!"

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Lyght was pissed. "Deus! I'll get you back for this!" He looked around at the human world, sighing. He sticks his hands in his pockets and starts walking.

Katara was at the gym, working out, doing anything to become stronger. She has to go home to her father... her drunk father. "I hate them.... both of them..."

Lyght senses discomfort and goes into the gym, seeing Kat all alone there. "Hello?"

She jumps. "Who are you?"

"Lyght."

"Katara..."

Musicfan

the shadow mage
"If you can that would be great" something cought his attention. He had seen the weridest looking person he had ever seen.

"Hm it's intresting how human messuer time." as she said this she noticed someone stareing.

"Shootshootshoot. Why ay at my job." he then began to walk over to the store muttering to him self.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Katara looks at Lyght. "You.... look familiar..."

"We met when you were ten."

"Oh...." She grins and hugs him.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Liam decides to go to the gym. So,what's your name?" Angelo asks. " Liam." " Nice to meet you Liam! I'm Angelo!" Liam and Angelo arrive at the gym and see a girl and another one of Them. " How many of you are there?" Liam asks Angelo. He sounds exasperated.

Elementic

please play etrian odyssey
Rihika left with no objections. Honestly, she had wanted a partner...and she knew exactly who to pick. She had been watching over someone for a while, and left towards the person's house.

At a stone house with vines and many plants, a singing voice came from the back. This was Kichona. She sang in the back garden often.

Rihika walked over. Kichona stopped and curiously said "Who are you?" "Rihika." "I'm Kichona." The two smiled at eachother. Rihika sat down next to the human. "You have a lovely voice." Kichona chuckled. "Thanks. I sing often."

Musicfan

the shadow mage
"Hello" she said to him as he passed.
"Uh helloo?" He said opening the door. He switched on the lights. He began to repair some watches that one of the other employes did not finish.
The girl walked in. "I have an old pocket watch that I want you to try to fix." She took it out of her pocket.
"Ok fill this out and I will take a look at it." He said uanding her a clip bord.

Elementic

please play etrian odyssey
"A spirit...I see." Rihika had explained everything about her to Kichona. "Yes. You are one of the few people who can see spirits like myself." Kichona smiled. "Nice."

Musicfan

the shadow mage
"Okay thank you for comeing I will call you when I have an idea of how long it will take me." He said putting the form on file.

"No its okay I will wait."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom