• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resonance in Radiance (RP Sign Up)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Spirits...we know not where they come from or where they go, only that they work in mysterious ways. Humans usually think of them as gods, but that's not the case. We actually know very little about them and are forced to make assumptions of their ways. However what if it were possible that humans could talk to them. Well believe it or not, we do. Spirits don't just live in their own realm, they also live on earth among the humans, influencing their day to day lives through simple control.

Now while they do live here, only a special kind of human can see them for what they really are. All others just pass them by thinking them to be ordinary people. They don't see anything else. Seems to me that you're that kind of human. You have that natural ability to understand and interact with them on a human level. So the time for you has come. There are spirits I am currently sending to your realm. They must learn from you and you from them. An ancient peril is rising and only the combined forces of humans and spirits can stop it.

(:lol: So that's my basic story intro to this RP. The story requires participants to create 2 characters. One is going to be the spirit and the other their human. I'm allowing multiples of the same spirit [so more than one person can have, say, a fire spirit] but let's try to diversify a little. I'm sure you'll understand.)

Human
Name:
Appearance: (Picture is fine)
Bio/Backgroud:
Seal: (When the spirit and human join the seal is what tie them together to "Resonate". As such it must be something meaningful or close at all times [ie. Pendant, bracelet, tattoo, etc.])
Other:

Spirit
Name: (Be creative with this cause you'll want something that matches the spirit to their element or power. For example a spirit of fire could be "Ignus" or a light spirit name could be "Angle".)
Element/Power: (Again, be creative. If you have one that you're not sure of, run it by me and I'll tell you for sure. I'm gonna be pretty lenient so think up something good :D)
Appearance[Human]: (Human appearance)
Appearance[Spirit]: (Spirit appearance)
Weapon: (Spirits can manifest a weapon for themselves from their element. They can also turn into that same weapon to be used by a human they Resonate with.)

So there you have it. Hopefully I'll get some of you interested with this.

To help get you started on the spirits here's some that are already approved by me.

• Light
  • Darkness
  • Air
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Lightning
  • Earth
  • Nature
  • Sun (justifiable if you can make it different from light and fire)
  • Night (justifiable if you can make it different from darkness and ice)
  • Sound
  • Time (little iffy on this so if you can avoid god modding this one it'll make it easier)

Like I said, I'm open to all additional ideas if you can justify them :D

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Let's do this yo...

Human
Name: Kyle Dorthane
Appearance: Short spiky-ish blue hair, red eyes, black short sleeved shirt, red vest, blue shorts, brown boots
Bio/Backgroud: Well I'm no good at this, so nothing now but I might change it if I come up ith something cool
Seal: Ankle bracelet with half of a triangle pendant
Other:

Spirit
Name: Michael Prow
Element/Power: Ice
Appearance[Human]: Short dark blond hair, regular garb (like jeans and blank t-shirt), dark blue eyes
Appearance[Spirit]: Humanoid figure, very bright kind of blue in color
Weapon: Ice sword man :cool:

Edit: I FIXED IT :p

Last edited:

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
Human
Name: Neah Aniziyu
Appearance: Black hair in a widow's peak fashion, dip-dyed light blue at the ends. Normally wears a dark grey jumper and jeans. Has sky-blue eyes.
Bio/Backgroud: Neah's parents were killers, so many people were scared of him. However, when he was 7, he decided he was sick of getting demonised, so he saved a pair of children who were lost. He found them in the mines, where he got hit by a falling boulder and got resonated with his spirit, Skaia, to let him live.
Seal: A barely-visable, red metal headband going across the back of his head. It curls into a spiral near his bangs/fringe/whatever.
Other: -

Spirit
Name: Skaia
Element/Power: Shadow. Skaia can create a layer of darkness on her hands to resemble sharp talons, and can materialise whatever she imagines (to an extent) with the power of darkness.
Appearance[Human]: Long black hair, dip-dyed purple at the ends. Skaia's eyes are green. She wears a plain short black dress with a purple belt.
Appearance[Spirit]: Red eyes, eternally glowing. Instead of her left hand she has a large black cat paw. The top left of her face is covered in black fur, going across her left eye. The left eye is shaped like a black cat's. her clothing is normal, however in random patches on her legs/right arm there are tufts of black fur. She is normally called 'black cat' thanks to her cat features.
Weapon: Dual blades. The matching knives have black hilts, with metal black wings sprouting either side of
them. The blades are purple. Across the blades are two red claw marks.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Human
Name: Katara Lakaio
Appearance: short raven black hair, deep green eyes, tan, and a slim but strong build. She can pick up most guys if she tries, and if they're less than 150. She is 5'7, and wears a simple silver necklace all the time, and wears either black, blue, or violet.
Bio/Background: An only child, she comes from a very wealthy family, but is very kind and generous, unlike her parents. They are very selfish and her father, who is an alcoholic, beats her when she gives out money, usually drunk. Other than that they don't care about her. She could die and they wouldn't notice. She usually has bruises or cuts and has many scars. She resonated with her spirit after she was beaten so badly, she was almost killed when she was 10.
Seal: A tattoo of a fox on her arm close to her left shoulder.
Other: She trained to become strong, and is trying to fight back.

Spirit
Name: Lyght
Element: lightning. controls electricity and can wrap in lightning, and shoot it from his hands
Appearance [H]: He has sunlight-colored hair, and electric blue eyes. He is fair with flawless skin, and quite handsome. He's strong, and protects Katara like an older brother would. He wears a flowing blue top, and jeans.
Appearance : A ball of lightning, a bluish color. He hovers and darts around, no definite human shape. The ball is small. (think of a lightning Navi, just male and isn't annoying)
Weapon: a scythe with a blade of lightning.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Human
Name: will
Appearance: the most ridiculous hair color possible He has brown hair and Hazel eyes.
Bio: Im not good at bios
Seal: A poket watch with a silver cover and gold plated inside.

spirt
Amserr
Power: time nothing like oh turn back forever and and and aday at most 10 secends and even that is draining. Also slows down time but they can have more time to analyze the situation.
Age 19
Human apperance: long hair with silver tips. Dress has a swrial of gold silver and blue.
Sprit apperance: Two balls of light one gold one silver.
Weapon: (dang all fast weapons are taken) Uh epee(that sword for fenceing).

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Name: Akiko Tsukiyoka
Appearance: Hair the color of autumn and eyes like a storm. Stands about 5'9", and has an athletic frame. Typically dresses in colors such as teal, forest green, grays and faded blues.
Bio/Background: A girl from a typical and quiet family. Nothing particularly interesting about her past, other than her ability to see and interact with spirits.
Seal: A series of earrings on her left ear. Three total, colored cobalt, silver and white.
Other:

Spirit
Name: Echo
Element/Power: Sound. Able to loose piercing cries that deafen enemies. Also emits series of chirps too high pitched for most humans to hear, using the echos as guides when she can't see.
Appearance[Human]: A small and slim girl with long platinum blonde hair and light grey eyes. She's very slight, and easy to miss, though her hair is rather striking, and her eyes hold an adult intelligence than unnerves many who see her.
Appearance[Spirit]: Nearly invisible, she takes the form of physical sound waves.
Weapon: A long handled mallet that not only deals blunt damage, but also sends violent waves of sound through the enemy's body, bursting blood vessels and even jarring the enemy for a few seconds.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
All of them are good! And musicfan, time is fine so no worries there. And WindmillIsland, you're safe, no worries there either.

:lol: I forgot to make mine last night.

Human
Name: Cyrus Larkson
Appearance: About 6' tall and semi athletically built with black hair and blue eyes. Wears basic t-shirts and skinny jeans, occasionally with a hoodie over them.
Bio/Backgroud: Comes from a typical family but struggled with school and making friends, resulting in depression. At the age of 18 he decided to commit suicide but was stopped accidentally when he met Angel on his apartment's roof.
Seal: A small black and silver rosary that he keeps tucked in his shirt.
Other: Has hopes of becoming a surgeon. Has a slight crush on Angel.

Spirit
Name: Angel (yeah I'm going with my own cheesy jokes :P)
Element/Power: Light
Appearance[Human]: About 5'-8", semi athletic, with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Wears black or light blue blouses and white, grey, or silver knee length skirts typically.
Appearance[Spirit]: Golden silhouette with two wings that are silver in color and a silver halo over her head.
Weapon: A pistol (damn me and my character inspired by anime :lol:)

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I want to be in this. I really want to be in this. It's a bit daunting of a plot, but I must be in this.

Human~
Name: Madeline Black
Appearance: Round face, long black hair that hangs in her face, brown eyes, wears a pink sweater, a black hoodie, jeans and sneakers.
Bio: When she was small, she insisted she saw people that no one else could. Everyone wrote them off as imaginary friends, and ignored her the more she insisted they were real. Eventually she stopped talking to people, even the ones no one else could see. She became silent and depressed, only wanting a friend.
Seal: A small stuffed bear she's been attached to since she was an infant. She named it Sunshine because of its yellow fur. She never lets it off her person, only putting it down when necessary.

Spirit~

Name: Dagger
Element: Ice. He can create ice from the moisture in the air at will. He likes making icicles to stab with most.
Human appearance: Tall and lean, straight black hair, icy blue eyes, can have either a charming or intimidating aura about him. Wears a black blazer, a red t-shirt under it, skinny jeans and black dress shoes.
Spirit appearance: His skin pales and his hair turns white. He becomes surrounded by icy mist and his clothes look like they're made of snow. Oh, and he floats a few inches off the ground.
Weapon: A scythe with a blade made of ice and a handle made of ruby. The blade sparkles with icy mist.

Last edited:

Elementic

please play etrian odyssey
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
----------
Human

Name: Kichona Himawari (means 'precious sunflower')

Appearance: here

Bio/Backgroud: Kichona lives in a family of gardeners-everyone is named after a flower. Kichona's being a sunflower, she is very active and sweet, as well as tall. She is almost always happy, and has a bright feeling around her.

However, she does not want to become a gardener-she wants to sing. But her family doesn't like her dream, and wants her to give it up. Her father mostly-he takes the gardening seriously-maybe a little too bit seriously. Her mother, however, feels that her daughter should be able to do what she wants, and supports Kochina's idol dream.

When the girl was 10, her mother gave her a necklace with a crystal sunflower charm. Kichona wears it everyday.

Seal: Her sunflower necklace

Other: Kichona sings a lot in her family's garden.

Spirit

Name: Rihika

Element/Power: Light

Appearance[Human]: As a human, Rihika has long light blond hair, a flowing white dress with a few ruffles on the edges, white knee socks, white flats, and a chain necklace with a set of angel wings for a crystal charm. The necklace allows her to change forms.

Appearance[Spirit]: As her spirit form, Rihika has a very feminine body made completely of light, her dress is connected to her body, she has no legs, her socks and shoes are gone, she has a large set of angel wings, and her necklace is now a headband thing (ringlet? i can't remember what those things are called), the crystal wing set charm on the very front, the rest of it made of gold.

Weapon: A white and gold katana, the blade part surrounded by a white aura.

Last edited:
YES! You posted it! I am so still in.

Hm... but who? I could try--YES. OH YES.

OHHHHH YES.

But... who's my human... Okay, give me a little while to figure out my human, DH.

Human

Name: Melica Arefaen
Appearance: Aburn hair and distinctive golden eyes, flecked with green. Curvy figure. She wears a green lace-up vest, a black shirt with a low neckline, and tan pants tucked into knee-high black boots.
Bio/Backgroud: Melica's mother died in childbirth, taking the unnamed baby girl with her, and leaving Meli with her father. He pressed her hard to be as good as her mother, but it was hard for Meli. The grief of losing Christi and the new tension between father and daughter caught like a fire, and before long Meli ran away. She met another girl in a similar situation and quickly became her friend. The two traveled together as rogues for a while, just seeing the world and doing whatever for money when they needed it. Then the girl was killed, and Meli was left alone. She still has nightmares about it.
Seal: A charm she keeps on her belt that looks like this.
Other: On the outside, Meli seems sharp, free-spirited, and feisty. But it's really just a "mask" she wears to conceal her inner turmoil.

Spirit

Name: Delabi Tonitrui, or Fading Thunder.[AUTHOR'S NOTE: Delabi Tonitrui is, in fact, Falling Thunder in Latin. She'd typically go by Delabi.]
Element/Power: Lightning/Electricity
Appearance[Human]: Long, blonde hair, really a sunshine-golden color. Her eyes are big and blue with strange golden flecks, and her skin is pale. Relatively petite and thin. Think the classic perfect, innocent-child become a teen, but she can pass for as young as 13. Simple white dress with a wrapped corsage.
Appearance[Spirit]: She floats above the ground and her hair pales to a sort of white gold and shimmers, so you cant' tell whether it's dark or light. Her eyes and most of her face are hidden behind the hood on a black cloak that floats around her, but sometimes her eyes shine through, a blue and silvery light. The cloak has a strange silvery fringe, like half-stitched runes floating just off the hem. Her hands are pressed together in front of her, and she has black gloves with more odd runes on the back. She has slightly baggy pants tucked into short boots, and she has a vest over a long-sleeved black shirt. It's a pretty complicated design, so I have graciously given you this colored picture to fully describe it. When she extorts her power, her whole body glows dark blue, her eyes flare, and an electric shock travels across the cloak, making it temporarily transparent.
Weapon: A long, black whip that seems to be made of lighting when it's cracked. the tails are bolts of electricity, and the whole thing crackles with power.

((give me a minute on the drawings, too... EDIT: Since I chose Meli, I need to give Lenyrin a different weapon... Siniru took my dual blades, I think I'll use the whip... later.))

Hehe. I didn't name the child to pass off Lenyrin's presence as a character in Delabi. The child would ahve been Lenyrin, serving the same role, but she never really existed, while Delabi did, long before she was born and died.

Last edited:

zeldaameture12

Vampire Overlord
application

Human
Name:Ezekiel Kadoya
Appearance: Hair-hazel Eyes-red Skin-light tan
Bio/Backgroud: Ezekiel was born at St. Alexandria hospital but his mom died shortly after birth. Ezekiel lived with his father until he mysteriously disappeared at Ezekiel's age of 5. At the age of 10 ezekiel went through 7 foster homes and was troubled in each. His foster parents would often hear Ezekiel speaking to someone in the night. Ezekiel mysteriously disappeared one night and was never found.
Seal: Birth mark in the shape of 3 tear shapes chasing each other in a circle on right shoulder
Other: Dark, Mysterious, Slightly Evil, Troubled, Independent But may ask for help

Spirit
Name: Tenebris
Element/Power: Darkness/Shadow/Evil Side
Appearance[Human]: Hair-black Eyes-red Skin-tan
Appearance[Spirit]: Shadow of spirits human
Weapon: Claws

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom