• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil: Revelations

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Hello there, fellow ZDers! I'd like to talk about the newest entry in the Resident Evil franchise. Revelations.

So far, I'm on chapter 6. I'm REALLY enjoying it. Even for a handheld title, it's comparable to the biggest RE game yet. Part 4. Even at chapter 6, I'm naming it my favorite RE yet.

What do you people think about Revelations?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I haven't played it yet but so far I'm thinking of it as a Kingdom Hearts Re:coded entry; completely useless story-wise but a must have gameplay-wise. Raid mode looks like too much fun to be had!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I haven't played it yet but so far I'm thinking of it as a Kingdom Hearts Re:coded entry; completely useless story-wise but a must have gameplay-wise. Raid mode looks like too much fun to be had!

That's where you're wrong. The story isn't useless. It's called Revelations for a reason. And from what I know, this game looks to have ties to the upcoming Resident Evil 6.

I'm currently on Episode 10 and I'm really enjoying this game. It's no REmake, Zero, 2, or even 4 (can't mess with classics). But it's up there. The gameplay is perfect, especially when you're underwater. The 3D looks amazing, it's like I'm there following Jill through those tight hallways. I'm also really digging the story at this point. The only real downside to this game for me are the characters Quint and Kieth and the whole Terragrigia thing. A floating city sounds too outrageous for a Resident Evil game, and Quint and Kieth piss me off. Quint more than anyone. They're too goofy and cartoony for a Resident Evil game. Resident Evil doesn't need comic relief doof characters. It's supposed to be scary and serious. Then again, what do you expect from an anime writer? We don't play as them much so it's not really an issue. Just bugs me, that's all. The puzzles are okay but can use more work, and the back tracking makes it's welcomed return as does the creepy atmosphere and cool scare moments. The graphics are also the best the 3DS has to offer at the moment. Resident Evil Revelations is the best handheld game I've ever played.

Last edited:
It's no REmake, Zero, 2, or even 4 (can't mess with classics). But it's up there.

I'm no Resident Evil expert but I'm pretty sure Zero was generally frowned upon.

The gameplay is perfect, especially when you're underwater.

Actually, the control setup on the 3DS is fairly awkward but maybe that was just me.

The puzzles are okay but can use more work, and the back tracking makes it's welcomed return as does the creepy atmosphere and cool scare moments. The graphics are also the best the 3DS has to offer at the moment. Resident Evil Revelations is the best handheld game I've ever played.

I agree about the graphics and we'll see if any title for the 3DS or even more powerful Vita will touch Revelations any time soon. And once again, I'll need to be quoted for truth, but some reviewers noted that the only puzzle in the game was the touchscreen screwdriver one, which is reused several times. Again, I'll need this to be verified.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm no Resident Evil expert but I'm pretty sure Zero was generally frowned upon.

Um, by reviewers. They complained like retards about the controls and the formula. Yet, REmake gets the higher scores... Zero is just as great, if not, better than REmake.

Actually, the control setup on the 3DS is fairly awkward but maybe that was just me.

Pretty sure it's just you. It plays like any other Resident Evil game...

I agree about the graphics and we'll see if any title for the 3DS or even more powerful Vita will touch Revelations any time soon. And once again, I'll need to be quoted for truth, but some reviewers noted that the only puzzle in the game was the touchscreen screwdriver one, which is reused several times. Again, I'll need this to be verified.

And yeah, that's why they could use some work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom