• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Remake on the Way?

Salem

SICK
So who knows? It's not a case of: "Nintendo put the mask in the game so a sequel is coming out", but more so an easter egg to get fans speculating and exited for the proposed remake.
They're using one game to be marketing for another game?:O

I personally want it for the 3ds just because I just beat oot on it and really liked the way they did it.

If they are going to release it I need to hurry up and beat the original. Can't believe I never got around to playing it fully and not just failing every time because i was 5 and didn't know what to to.

I THINK SO. It's gotta be kinda official now with this lovely realization:
View attachment 34614
Come on. Majora's Mask visible in ALBW? This is the exact kind of thing Nintendo would do to let us know that Majora's Mask 3D is on the way. Which would also explain why earlier when asked about Majora's Mask 3D, Aonuma just laughed because in his sneaky head he knew that the project was already underway.

If is IS in development, they'll wait until Christmas at the earliest to announce it, because it then just becomes too many Zelda games.

Let's look at it through the lens of recent events. Not through the easter eggs that the series has seen, not though the vague answers the creator gives, and not references/cameos that have been made.

Simple fact of the matter is that Nintendo has been remaking 3D Zeldas. VERY RECENTLY. Ocarina of Time 3D was a huge thing for the 3DS because, as far as I know or can remember, it was the absolute first time that a game had been taken from one system, and completely revamped to be better than ever on a completely new one (a Nintendo game I mean). Now, I could dismiss this one thing in OoT3D for a lot of reasons. "It's the most popular game in the series", or "The 3DS desperately needed games", or just that "Nintendo knew everyone would buy it." But the mere existence of Wind Waker HD invalidates most of those arguments, I think. And on top of that, WW was Nintendo's first HD remake ever, proving that there is, at least, some interest within when it comes to remaking old games in HD. I do believe that I read an interview where the developers were even considering giving Twilight Princess of Skyward Sword an HD treatment. So why on earth would Majora's Mask fly under the radar with no thought whatsoever?

I think the track record proves that, eventually, MM will be given to us with a fresh coat of paint. And no, it won't take away resources from a new Wii U Zelda game....... I don't know why people always make that argument, that they'd rather see a new game instead of a remake. They're not mutually exclusive at all. Didn't a completely new team make OoT3D? Pretty sure the Miyamoto or that other guy didn't have anything to do with it (I could be wrong, haven't researched it that much).

Also, keep in mind that MM is no Final Fantasy VII. FFVII would take insane resources to remake with a modern, FFXIII-esque graphic style and size. OoT3D proves that MM could be remade for the 3DS with little worry, and WW proves that while a bit more effort would have to be put into a MMHD, it's not far out in the realm of impossibility.

D

dc587

I have no doubt that it's on its way and that it's just a matter of *when*. The interest / demand is obvious and immense, and I feel that given their popularity it's one of those situations -- and they know this -- where they can't really do one (OoT) without the other (MM). I also firmly believe that it will be a Majora's Mask 3D on the 3DS and not a HD version on the Wii U. Its predecessor was released on the 3DS so it would only make sense for MM to be a follow-up on the same platform -- releasing it for Wii U would be a slap in the face for those who own a 3DS with OoT but don't have a Wii U (and yes, that includes me :P).

I expect the only reason that we haven't seen an announcement yet is that they want to wait until after A Link Between Worlds has been released. It makes sense, business-wise, to not confirm anything regarding MM before then, so people won't "skip" ALBW in favor of an upcoming MM 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom