• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Reggie Debuts Breath of the Wild Switch Gameplay on Nintendo Switch

Night Owl

~Momentai
Lucky, I'm jealous.

That switch the screen seemed really quick and almost seamless.
It was cool that more than 1 set of joycons can be used with the switch. Reggie used the two on the controller while Jimmy used the two on the switch.

I don't think there is anything new on the BotW front though.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
There were no frame drops in the Switch version, and everything actually seemed to be a clean 1080p.

Like, when there were a large amount of explosions, the Wii U version would chug. But on the Switch version it was as smooth as a babies bottom. Which is really awesome!

Tibari

Rinkuji
We can see the night falls at 4PM, that's a little early :eek:
And there is something that we couldn't see at the game awards: The GUI is not the same, the clock is now with a new weather thing. It's not really new since the game awards footage also had it, but we can only see it in the miniature of the youtube video because Bill is in front of it.

No lags is a big improvement compared to the Wii U version

Last edited:

Tibari

Rinkuji
I like how the girl behind him prefers watching him on the TV instead of looking directly at him x)

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Jimmy Fallon...? Is he even relevant anymore? Well, whatever. We didn't see much new, it looks the same amount of smooth as it did on the Wii U footage to me. I'm really not seeing the frame rate difference yall are peddling. I do think it's worth noting that Link had 6-7 hearts in this footage so that pretty much confirms heart containers. So we dont have to keep eating to get more hearts the whole time. That figures, but it's good to know that for sure.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Jimmy Fallon...? Is he even relevant anymore? Well, whatever. We didn't see much new, it looks the same amount of smooth as it did on the Wii U footage to me. I'm really not seeing the frame rate difference yall are peddling. I do think it's worth noting that Link had 6-7 hearts in this footage so that pretty much confirms heart containers. So we dont have to keep eating to get more hearts the whole time. That figures, but it's good to know that for sure.

This video showcases the same situation side by side. Yeah.... The Switch version is so much smoother than the Wii U version. There is almost no doubt about it.

Also, it appears that Breath of the Wild on Switch has much more stable shadows, and it has AA to boot.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm really not seeing the frame rate difference yall are peddling.

I noticed it when there was an explosion on screen. I may be insane and making it up, but since a lot of people saw it too, I doubt it—unless we're all insane. On the Wii U version we've seen, there has been a slight, but noticeable, framerate drop during explosions on screen.

However, that did not happen on this version at all. That's what I'm basing my comments on.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
What? He's the host of the biggest late night talk show in America (and so probably the world)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom