• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Realistically speaking, what games do you still expect to come to Switch?

The Switch is winding down with most people expecting its successor to launch some time between March 2024 and March 2025.

Here are the major releases we currently know about:

Persona 3 Portable - January 2023
Persona 4 Golden - January 2023
Fire Emblem Engage - January 2023
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe - February 2023
Octopath Traveler II - February 2023
Tales of Symphonia Remastered - 2023
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - March 2023
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - March 2023
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 2023
Rune Factory 3 Special - Q2 2023
Pikmin 4 - 2023
Metal Slug Tactics - 2023
Disgaea 7 - 2023
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Waves 4-6 - 2023
Hollow Knight: Silksong - TBD
Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp - Indefinitely delayed
Metroid Prime 4 - Restarted development in 2019, radio silence since

Let me know if I missed anything.

I think we already have the first quarter of the year announced. I find it hard to see any last minute surprises added to the schedule. Zelda will carry the second quarter, but the back half of the year is looking pretty empty, especially on the first party front with only Pikmin 4 confirmed for a 2023 release.

I would love to see Advance Wars release this year, but considering the reason Nintendo delayed the game in the first place shows no sign of ending anytime soon, I doubt it will.

Metroid Prime 4 is very likely to be a cross-gen game, so it'll very likely release alongside the Switch's successor.

Atlus supported the 3DS into its twilight days, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some more ports in the next few years.

I'm thinking we'll get at least one more Mario platformer on Switch to capitalize on the Mario movie.

Star Fox also seems like a pretty safe bet. It's come to every Nintendo console since its inception. Unless Nintendo is counting Star Fox 2 as the Switch's Star Fox even though it officially released on the SNES Mini first.

Tears of the Kingdom is either the last Zelda game on Switch or we'll also get one more Zelda remake. I feel like most people expect either TP HD and TWW HD on Switch or Oracle remakes in the LA style, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo remade ALttP again instead since it's one of Miyamoto's favorites.

A pick that could reuse an engine and do well is Luigi's Mansion 4. The third game sold 10 million copies, so Nintendo wants to capitalize on its success as soon as possible. I could see this being one of the last Switch games with Next Level Games shifting to work on it after finishing Mario Strikers Battle League.

That's all I've got. I feel most confident in my Mario, Star Fox, and Atlus predictions, though I think there is also a high chance Metroid Prime 4 cross-gen also happens.

What games are you still expecting to appear on the Switch?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Star Fox also seems like a pretty safe bet. It's come to every Nintendo console since its inception. Unless Nintendo is counting Star Fox 2 as the Switch's Star Fox even though it officially released on the SNES Mini first.
there was no star fox wii (or game boy games), and there was only 2 retail games last decade, it would be a much safer bet to not expect to see one

a Mario spin off will definitely come in some form, and maybe we could see 1 more Zelda related thing after totk, if not this year the probably next, and same thing w/ Kirby w/ maybe one more weird digital only spin off

Rhythm Heaven I still think could happen, it's another one of those once in a blue moon franchises Nintendo uses, like maybe a digital only title or a port of one of the earlier games, this is probably my main unsafe bet

there was no star fox wii (or game boy games), and there was only 2 retail games last decade, it would be a much safer bet to not expect to see one

a Mario spin off will definitely come in some form, and maybe we could see 1 more Zelda related thing after totk, if not this year the probably next, and same thing w/ Kirby w/ maybe one more weird digital only spin off

Rhythm Heaven I still think could happen, it's another one of those once in a blue moon franchises Nintendo uses, like maybe a digital only title or a port of one of the earlier games, this is probably my main unsafe bet

Oh, yeah, you're right about Star Fox on Wii. It's more accurate to say that Star Fox has never skipped a generation since Command was on DS that generation instead.

Rhythm Heaven is definitely a possibility. Mini game collections aren't the biggest investments, so it wouldn't need to sell amazingly well to produce a profit.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Oh, yeah, you're right about Star Fox on Wii. It's more accurate to say that Star Fox has never skipped a generation since Command was on DS that generation instead.
I will add that there was that Starlink business at the beginning of the Switch, but that didn't do so hot either, and w/ the bad sales of Zero, I just think Nintendo is feeling really grim about Star Fox these days given the time gap b/w games

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think Metroid Prime 4 will make it to Switch either this year or next year, if not than it will probably be a dual release for Switch and Nintendo's next-gen console.

I'm still hoping for Genshin Impact to come to Switch, it's still in the works it seems, I think it will happen eventually.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
We're still at the point where Grand Theft Auto V could be ported to Switch. It definitely wouldn't be the Xbone or PS4 versions, but the Xbox 360/PS3 version should be viable. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. I'd guess Nintendo is the company preventing a port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom