• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
Last night I've watched three movies (with a friend) and they're called: Maleficent, The Terminator, and The Conjuring.

Very entertaining films. I'm satisfied. 10/10 :bestestcool:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I watched American Sniper and Fury a few days ago. I give American Sniper 4.5/5 and Fury 2.5/5

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I did a double feature today.

RoboCop (1987)

I've seen this film countless times as I own the trilogy on DVD. It's a fast paced SF/action cross over with enough gore to satisfy anyone (should the craving for such imagery strike). And it also sports a rather well put together plot.

With dated effects and cheesy dialogue, this film, which I rate 8/10, still retains a lot of its charm.

RoboCop (2014)

As far as remakes go, this one was OK. It was so far removed from the plot of the original that it's pretty difficult to compare the two.

I think this movie took far too long to get to the crux of what the story was going to be. I also feel that the beginning of the movie had far too much exposition delivered to the audience all at once.

Though, once it actually got going with a clear direction, it turned out to be not as bad as I expected. The effects were pretty decent and the actors portrayed their characters really well.

I just wish that the film explored some of the themes it started to more thoroughly. I was also disappointed in the lack of a definitive antagonist. Unlike in the original, there's no real build up to the climax. I also did not appreciate the throwback dialogue to the original movie as it felt out of place in this version.

Overall, 6/10.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Transamerica

The movie focuses on Bree, (played by Felicity Huffman), who's a preoperative MTF transsexual. One day, Bree learns that she has a son which causes her counsellor to withhold the consent she needs to finish her transition in order for Bree to make sure she has no unfinished business. Meeting up with Toby, Bree embarks on a journey together with him, each keeping secrets about their past from the other.

This movie was wonderful. It was funny, moving, emotional, endearing at almost every turn and most of all still topically relevant. I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of this movie and aside from some slight overacting and one scene which didn't seem to go anywhere, there were no major faults.

I rate it 8.5/10.

Last edited:
Fury:

I watched it awhile ago. Despite starring the late Shia LA boof in its main cast I felt that the movie was pretty solid, even as a Warmovie.

The fact that before this we never had any good Panzer movies. Discounting apearences in movies that don't revolve around them. So already I had high expectations. And holy hell, I do think it narrates WW2's final German offensive pretty nicely. Aside from the ending
Where the whole Sherman crew somehow survives a entire battalion of Whermacht at the Crossroads. Especially considering how many died just to toss a few Grenades down one of the hatches. Which they did EVENTUALLY do, but only one poor sod survived, and when the Whermacht soldiers check 1 of em looked under to see the main character, only to give him mercy not to call him out. But eh, Hollywood.
It was pretty accurate. ESPECIALLY When 4 Sherman's meet a REAL Tiger I, No joke. In no time in a movie has the only surviving/drivable Tiger, Panzerkamp***en VI 131. It amazes me beyond belief that they got 'em in its element.Even in the movie the Tank commanders shout legitimate things like loading AP, HE, or even the Sherman's enabling their stabilizers to steady their shot. Sadly the crew of thr Tiger I were incredibly inexpirienced, and tried charging 4 Sherman's alone... Hollywood...

Ok aside from my panzergasm. The acting is very well done especially when making a character under emotion, or to be a dick. *I'm talking about the one tank loader with some southerner accent..Jesus.* The movie also questioned the moral of brutalizing on both the US, and Reich side. Each making their acts such as killing surrendered troops in such a horrible manor noticeable. It, in my opinion, would make you feel for some of those Whermacht soldiers who only fought becuase of what Germany used to be. It honestly is a extremely good warfilm that I will remember both in its good story, and tank realism.

Rating- 9/10

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Nightcrawler

The movie lacked an overarching plot, and there really weren't consequences for the main character's actions. Other than that though, the acting was pretty well done and it was pretty entertaining.

7/10

Hercules (the Disney version)

While a good movie still, it does have its huge problems like mixing drama with comedic stuff and it's moral. Despite its issues, I still think Hercules is an enjoyable movie to watch.

8/10

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I honestly thought this series would lose its edge after the excellent Catching Fire, but this series continues to surprise me. What a great film. I mean they really did well with very little plot points to working, which is always the case when you split a movie into 2 parts. Definitely down to the work of film's excellent pacing and suspense building. Obviously the actors were great too; Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson, and of course the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.

9/10

Jennifer Lawrence have my babies

Chappie-6/10 it had some unique concepts and sad moments but everything else was over the top and the actors did not inspire. I kinda liked it and I kinda wanna rewind the clock and not watch it

Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown

I'm glad this was re-released on DVD for the first time recently. This was one of my favorite Peanuts movies growing up. I think this movie still holds up well for me to watch it again. Hopefully they'll release Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown on DVD as well.

8/10

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
PAIN AND GAIN
I just don't even... know... and this was based on a true story? *Google it* Well then...
People are stupid.
Anyways, it was somewhat funny, but more stupid than anything. Not worth watching twice. Plus, turning it into a comedy like that definitely didn't make the victim happy. Didn't do justice to it. But, at the same time, I liked the Rock's character.
4/10(?)

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Kingsman: The Secret Service
9/10
Sure, it has its problem points, but it's executed in such a glorious way that I can't really complain. There's so much senseless violence and you know what? I loved it.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Wer Früher Stirbt Ist Länger Tot

This German film is a black comedy about an 11 year old boy who becomes obsessed with death. After he learns that his mother died giving birth to him, he begins to blame himself for her death and seeks out immortality so that he won't be judged for the crimes he has committed in the after life.

The situations that the characters find themselves in are humorous at times but they can feel mildly overacted. The fantasy sequences contained within the film are also very amusing and never feel out of place. The movie does take a very serious turn and the ending, though apt for the type of film it was, was not particularly satisfying in its conclusion.

As a whole, I enjoyed the movie and give it 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom