• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Misty

Ronin
Deadpool: 6.5/10

Ella Enchanted: 2/10

Gia: 5/10

10 Things I Hate About You: 8/10, but only because having the hots for Ledger while knowing he's dead isn't as fun as I would have originally suspected...much.

Keeping The Faith: 5/10, surprisingly good in places, unsurprisingly **** in others.

Misty

Ronin
Allegiant Part 1: 2/10 unless I'm rating it as an accidental deconstruction of the post-apocalyptic totalitarian powerful female protagonist genre then it's a 7/10.

Focus: 3/10. All flash and no thunder and watching Will Smith try to pretend he's lightning at 47 just doesn't do it for me.

Misty

Ronin
Snatch: 8/10: If you like Baccano, you will love this. It's awesome, easily the best movie I've watched in several years.

Mido

Version 1
I've got a pair of movies to rate that I've watched over the last few weeks. Here goes:

Gods of Egypt: 4.75/10
I anticipated that the movie was going to do poorly, but I wanted to see this for kicks, since I love a good action movie to boot! This movie appeared to be a run-of-the-mill action/fantasy movie, and that's exactly what it was, the style akin to something like the Clash of the TItans reboot. The movie has a lot of awkwardly-paced moments, leaving inappropriate times to adjust to certain apsects of the plot and what not. The CG effects are pretty bad for the most part, but they're more enjoyably bad to be honest. While the premise of an alternate-universe Egypt is intriguing, the movie also falls victim to what I consider to be an overuse of cliches, making the experience rather average. On another note, the yelling in the movie was cringeworthy. The saving grace of this movie was Gerard Bulter's performance, which was so over the top that it became the most entertaining thing to witness on screen! Ultimately, this movie is something that is enjoyably bad. (The only real problem is that the running time is slightly over two hours! XD )

The Room: 10/10

A cinematic masterpiece. Watch it.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
50 first dates
man I love Drew Barrymore
The movie was okay, 7.5/10
very nice twist to an otherwise average romantic movie

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I'd say it's an 8/10. The entire Batman side of the film is gold, Superman's story explores some interesting themes, Wonder Woman doesn't detract from the movie and actually ends up becoming a huge highlight, the action is amazing, the soundtrack is great, and the visuals are beautiful. Lex Luthor, some pacing, and story stuff are the only issues I have with this movie but overall, the good outweighs the bad. Definitely not as bad or joyless as the critics make it out to be.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Batman v. Superman.

6/10.

Went to a midnight release, because why not?

A film that drags on for the first hour, full of scenes that bear only the loosest connection to the plot (and by loose, I mean that someone who part of the plot narrates while, say, Superman saves a rocket). Kudos to the marketing department, because every plot twist, line, character, and tonal shift was spoiled by the trailers. It became a case of marching through trailer quotes, occasionally pausing to let Justice League shoehorn in a few cameos.

I'll wait for X-Men: Apocalypse.

Misty

Ronin
While the whole world watched BvS, I watched:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1: 10/10. I couldn't believe how faithful it was and how much I enjoyed it at the same time. I wasn't happy after Under the Red Hood, but this is the best animated film I've seen since Mask of the Phantasm and the Lion King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom