• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
300: Rise of an Empire
3/10

The only thing that this did good is made me appreciate the original better. This movie was very slow (I'm not just talking about the slow-motion either) and I didn't really care for any of the characters, they weren't really fleshed out at all.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zero Dark Thirty

Great film and it tops Black Hawk Down and The Hurt Locker as far as modern war related movies go. I'm a fan of detective-like dramas and a good portion of the film is centred around that as they try to hunt down Osama Bin Laden and those under him. There are some pretty rough scenes especially during the first 30 minutes which are interrogation torture scenes (nothing too graphic). However, I just loved the suspense and pacing of the film.

The lead character--Jessica Chastain--did a great job of portraying the trials and tribulations that come with a ten year long man hunt of the most wanted man in America. Her character development was also superbly executed as she started off as a rather shy, reserved woman; however she transforms into an intense and passionate woman who is dedicated to actually killing Osama. Also the latter moments of this movie were just amazing. It showed the actual mission where they invaded Osama's compound. It was quite realistic and they didn't try to over-glamorise it (thank god), which worked out great as it was filled with tension.

9.5/10

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

I missed the exposition, so I was a bit confused, but the movie was pretty accurate to Stoker's vision. It was a bit slow, but it kept me interested.

7/10

Up.

Don't know why I'd never got all that interested in this movie back when it came out. It's definitely up there with Finding Nemo as being my all-time favorite Pixar movie due to how great the story was. 10/10.

Fig

The Altruist
Last night at 8:30 PM, I was able to witness Captain America: The Winter Soldier! I've been waiting for this movie for a long time! Thorughout the past couple of weeks, I had not once seen any commercials for Winter Soldier, which just made me even more excited than ever, that and the fact that the rest of the continent still had the ability to see the movie so early compared to the rest of the continent! :xd: All in all, Winter Solider is an excellent movie with a great cast, amazing plot, intense action, and it was just beyond my expectations! Winter Soldier gets a perfect 10/10 from me!

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
The last movie I watched was The Little Mermaid. I give it an 8/10 mainly because it was more dialogue and seriousness than musical and fun/magical like Princess movies are supposed to be. Maybe I'm a little biased though as I prefer Beauty and the Beast.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wasn't the last movie I watched (I watched it like a few weeks ago), but it's probably more significant to mention. That movie is The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

I actually really enjoyed the first as it was a nice blend between action, suspense and other minor elements. I also loved the surreal universe that it's set in especially with its focus being on the politics and how corrupt this world is. Any film with a bit of a backbone, or just an interesting back story really captures my interest. Anyway on to this film, it had all the elements of what made the first great but it expanded upon that which ultimately made it a much better.

One of my main doubts about this film was just how it would play out. If it played off the same Hunger Games concept then would it be too repetitive? And if it decided to stray away, would it lose what made the first so good? It avoided both in my eyes. It instead opted to explore more of the world, it's politics, it's leaders etc. You got a bigger scope of what is really happening as well as opening your eyes to the bigger picture. That really got me drawn into not just the film, but the entire series. I wanted to know about the characters, how the world came to be, and just why everything is--pardon my language--****ed up. This build up, as I would phrase it, really fleshed out the film in my opinion, esp considering the length. You have the first half of the film which is mostly building up to what you really want to see and by giving it enough time you make those moments so much more important.

Loved this film, and a sequel which is actually better than the original, lol. Also, Jennifer Lawrence mmmm. 9.5/10

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I went to see the new captain America movie 8/10. It kept my attention I'm not normally a fan of super hero movies but this one was Relly good. I'm also glad my friends made me stay till after the credits. One complaint is
the main antagonist was made obviousness way to early in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom