• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

rant on navi

Ok. I know what you are thinking. "another thread about how annoying navi is! Wow so original." But really if normal logic was in these games it could be pretty funny. so remember to think about this next time you hear: HEY! LISTEN!

Ok, first, I am going to point out that one of her screams is WATCH OUT! and usually when you are targeting a monster. Hmm. think about this Scenario.

A monster jumps out at you! You dodge out of the way and you need navi's help to track it. and when you ask her to, she screams WATCH OUT! Thanks navi.

another Scene is were she tells you to go to a certain place. while you are in that certain place. you are walking in the lost woods and you hear navi scream: HEY! You need to get back on track go to the lost woods! hmm.

and last when she gives useless facts about monsters. A Lizalfoe jumps out at you! AH! It also starts breathing fire! HEY! LISTEN! yes! Maybe navi could give you info on how to defeat the lizalfoe's fire! be careful link! That is a lizalfoe and they can breath fire. You don't say.

anyway, that all.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I never found Navi to be that annoying. I loved Fi’s design, but she definitely got on my nerves. I feel like the developers realized that though and tried to make jokes about it.

Fi never bothered me. I don't know why - maybe it's because I'm more used to lots of text in story-driven games, or because I actually kept my Wii Remote's batteries charged. She never bothered me, and in fact she's one of my favorite Zelda characters of all time.
Navi, however, got on my nerves. But it's sort of a loving annoyance. If that makes sense.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Fi never bothered me. I don't know why - maybe it's because I'm more used to lots of text in story-driven games, or because I actually kept my Wii Remote's batteries charged. She never bothered me, and in fact she's one of my favorite Zelda characters of all time.
Navi, however, got on my nerves. But it's sort of a loving annoyance. If that makes sense.
Yeah, fi never really bothered me either, and navi is just kind of flat as a character, but she's not meant to have much depth
I found midna's passive aggressive personality to be super annoying however

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I always gave Navi a pass for the most part. Sure she’s annoying in the great deku tree, but she never really stops the flow of the game otherwise. All of her other guiding text is completely optional. Even when she is annoying in the GDT, it’s only because this was the first 3D Zelda, and one of the first 3D adventure games in general, she’s only telling you how to open a door because you’ve never had to do it in 3D.

Navi’s not the worst. She’s not constantly interrupting like fi, and her personality and character isn’t downright irritatingly bad like Midna. She’s not the best but she serves her purpose.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
While Fi is by far the worst of the companions, it doesn't forgive Navi's poor implementation. She's a useless character who exists only to exposit. Her only positive is that she doesn't force herself on you the same way Midna and Fi do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom