• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Rank the [REDACTED] (Story Spoilers)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hopefully you didn't click the thread if you haven't played the story stuff yet... This thread is for ranking the Sage Avatars and their abilities. Don't think I saw one for them yet.

1. Mineru's Construct - absolutely no way I can't choose this as my favorite. Your own personal mech that gives you more to do with your resources and helps you circumvent almost any environmental block? Hell yeah! She can cross gloom, quicksand, muck, lava, water... assuming those latter four aren't too deep that Link gets submerged. Her unfused arms are also a reliable way to hit things without using up durability. She is extremely useful and cool.

2. Yunobo's Vow - my favorite sage next to Mineru. I love my boy. And my boy is extremely helpful. His charge breaks boulders so I don't have to use up weapons to dig through caves and such. It's also funny to use him as a cannonball while you're riding things. I use him constantly.

3. Tulin's Vow - this one's a no-brainer. Flat forward momentum while gliding is a game-changer.

4. Sidon's Vow - I think people sleep on this one because they only think about it in the context of the Water Temple, but the fact that his water shield makes you wet is a really handy niche tactic. If you've got weapons with water attack boosters, he's your man. You can also use it to protect yourself from high temperatures for a time. If you don't wanna change your armor or use food, he's your man.

5. Riju's Vow - Now THIS is one I actually don't really use at all. Like, it admittedly feels kind of redundant outside of puzzle solving because why use that when I can just fuse a shock arrow? Though you could argue its aoe potential is a point in its favor.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I have absolutely LOVED the avatars. They're super helpful in combat, feels like a real time RPG. I also like the challenge of trying to pick one out in battle to use an ability, it can be annoying at times but overall it adds more to combat than just button mashing. That said.'

#1: Tulin. Does counting in feelings toward a character count for this? Tulin is my favorite overall character, not to mention avatar. The ability to have a forward boost while gliding is super helpful. Also since his avatar has a bow, he's come in clutch when fighting things such as Hinoxes, Gleeoks, Molduga and other enemies with specific hitpoints.

#2: Riju. I didn't care for her in BotW, but she was cool in TotK. I've used her lightning a LOT to take care of groups of enemies, it's especially handy late game when you're going up against camps of silver enemies. Her being the smallest makes getting to her to activate the lightning a challenge, and I like it. Like I touched on already, you have to pick her out in the combat, work your way to her, activate HER ability and not someone else's, then use it. All while not getting hit.

#3: Yunobo. I deactivate him sometimes when I'm using a vehicle because he blocks visibility, but that's the only real gripe. He's been SUPER useful for when there's a tunnel or sumn that's blocked off, saves me a lot of durability on my hammers. I also like using him to get an edge in battle, before I'm noticed I like to bowl them over with Yunobo, move in with a Riju lightning strike, and I've already gotten started.

#4: Sidon. Love ya, buddy, but your avatar just ain't it. I guess this is the new Daruk's Protection, so I could utilize that better, but I haven't found much reason to. Might just be me overlooking him, but his ability just doesn't have the overall reach or usefulness of the other 3.

#5. Mineru. Cool concept, but I just... Don't like using it.

MW7

Sorry in advance that I also didn't use Mineru that much either.

1. Tulin - I constantly used the wind gusts, and I found him to be the most helpful in combat by a mile since he can stun things by hitting their eyes with arrows.

2. Yunobo - I used Yunobo to clear out rocks pretty often, and he's useful when on a vehicle.

3. Riju - I used her lightning fairly often. I enjoyed sending a pack of enemies flying. I think the reason people don't rank her highly is that after a certain point of playing the game and scaling enemies, her damage just doesn't do very much.

4. Mineru - She's cool, but after a little while I ended up only using her to walk over gloom.

5. Sidon - He's useful, but I am pretty sure that I used his ability the least.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
1. Tulin. I basically always have his ability activated. It's good for air travel and basically anytime you need a speedy boost. He's also small enough that he's not getting in your way.

2. Yunobo. Good cheat for when you don't have bombs or a good sword for mining. I also like the fact that he goes in front of vehicles, it makes fighting while steering easier.

3. Riju. Decent attack ability, pretty useful but I wish it acted more like Urbosa's lightning and hit everything within the field. Can be really powerful depending on how you apply it.

4. Mineru. She's okay, but combat with her is really difficult. She's best used for transport over anything else.

5. Sidon. His ability is literally useless. I have yet to find a practical purpose for it.

Reactions: MW7

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So I did some testing, and best I can tell, is that it doesn't hit all the enemies in the range, but you don't have to direct hit on them to get a strike. I'll probably mess with it more, it came to me as I was writing this that a good way to test would be to wear the Bokoblin mask and go to some forts.

1. Tulin. His ability is really useful for travel, and in combat, those headshots he pulls off have saved my bacon more than once.

2. Mineru. I don't use her that much, admittedly, but I do appreciate how versatile she is, and how she makes traversing the depths pretty easy. Bonus points for the Naruto run she does when you stick a fan on her back.

3. Yunobo. His ability is really, really useful for lighting fires, blowing up ore, and even blasting enemies. However, he's at 3 on this list because in combat he's really slow and he tends to OHKO elemental Chuchus when I AM RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

4. Riju. It's useful for fighting a lot of enemies, but not much else.

5. Sidon. I know there's potential here for a damage boost from being wet, but I almost never activate his ability on purpose. I miss Mipha's Grace.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm...
All avatars saved my ass several times. Often when those idiot frogs attacked me Tulin killed one, Sidon the next and Yunobo the other. And often when a Bokoblin attacks me Sidon and Yunobo immidiatly slam it down. I find all 5 very helpful.

But now to my personal favs to use:
1. Mineru because of all reasons Az already mentioned. She's so incredibly useful. Also when jumping down from big heights. No damage. I also like her personality a lot.

2. Yunobo because he's very very useful to use instead of bombs. He does a lot of damage towards the smaller enemies but also against the bigger ones. Especially setting the enemy trees on fire. Plus he's incredibly sweet and helpful. I'll never understand or agree with the Yunobo hatred but okay, to each their own of course.

3. Tulin because he helps me to get from A to B much faster.

4. Riju because her lightning helps a lot by taking out large groups or do damage.

5. Sidon because his water shield helps when crossing the heat and I don't need the potions or clothes.

When it comes to personality it's much harder to choose a fav. I love Tulin because of his strength and determination at his young age. I love Sidon because he really care for Link and wants to do what's best for everybody. I love Yunobo because he's incredibly sweet and innocent and knows he can do it. I love Riju because she's so young and has grown a huge lot since BotW. I love Mineru because even back then she trusted Zelda and promised to help Link which she did.
But in general I think Yunobo and Tulin are my favs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom