• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Races and Dungeons

it seems that every race represents a province/ dungeon in SS. the wired penguin dudes are the faron woods, mogmas are the earth temple, the robot race are the mechanical dungeon, octopuses are the water tamale, you get the point.
my concern is that in the intro video only five races where shown, so there will be only five dungeons in the game?! (without the finale on) doesn't it concern you?
maybe the Sheikah will have an province, or the Dark tribe? might evan be the Skyloftians? what do you think?

Night Owl

~Momentai
Maybe Nintendo hasn't spoiled everything about the races. Maybe there are multiple dungeons per race. Maybe five dungeons will be enough given how much there is in the over world. MM had five main areas: Clock Town, Southern Swamp, Northern Mountain., Western Ocean, and Ikana Canyon. Clock Town was the central hub that you always start in at the beginning of the three days, the other areas were devoted to the main races Deku, Goron, Zora, and undead. there were only four temples but there was a ton of work just to get to each temple. So it doesn't bother me at all if there are only five dungeons. (side note minish cap had only five dungeons as well.)

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Well, 5 initial temples maybe.

Twilight Princess had this also. But they also added raceless temples like the Temple of Time and the Arbiter's Grounds. You're probably right about the races corresponding to dungeons but I think you're mistaken that dungeons are limited to races.

Now let's tick them off: Forest/Sky - penguin. Earth/Fire - mogma. Water - octopus things. Desert/Technology - Robot dudes?. Gorons - err, something.

Alas, I can't answer all questions.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This game does look very engineered in the same manner as Majora's Mask. Undoubtedly the Sheikah will play some part in this, perhaps as the actual race of the Desert Temple. At any rate, I hope Nintendo works on personalizing every character, including NPCs, so that they'll have very diverse personalities which are shown through their dialogue and motions. This was accomplished very well in Monster Hunter Tri, and I believe the same thing can be carried over to Skyward Sword.

each dungeon has a area that might be as hard to explore as the dungeon itself. So it's much more content than 5 usual TP-like dungeons, it might be equivalent to 8 dungeons.

5 areas+dungeons counting finale out is totally okay in this game circumstances, but less than that would be awful.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
i think that maybe everything hsn't been spoiled yet? and i thinking of about 7 or 8 dungeons too. but i think we don't know enough to be assuming these types of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom