• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Quite a Moving Scene

L

Link89

Thats very true it seems alot more impact full without voice actors just the whole silence of the scene with the amazing orchestral music. Also that scene in WW was amazing but I feel like this scene is the best cutscene ive watched in a Zelda game its just so full of character, this is a hard choice but im beginning to think SS is my favourite Zelda title, before now it was WW lol it seems like my favoutites are the ones with the same first letter in the titles SS WW lol

Nahh the most powerful scene in Wind Waker is the scene where the king of Hyrule reflects on his mistakes and tells Link and Zelda to find a new land before being swept away by the sea.

L

Link89

Oh yeah that was a powerfull scene, it reminded me of Titanic were the captain stays with the ship as it sinks of course I found WW scene to be more impactfull than Titanic because WW is far more awesome lol :P

I think that scene may be my favourite Zelda cutscene ever. When we got the dialouge option, oh man I took ages deciding. I'm not even a big fan of Zelda herself, but seeing Link get emotional like that.....so sad! ;.;

What was really "moving" to me was a scene in the Wind Waker - at the beginning - when Link embarks on a mission to save Aryll. He has no choice but to leave his poor grandmother there, all alone on Outset Island. When he returns, the island is dark and monsters began to appear, and his poor, lonely grandmother falls ill - so ill, that it takes the power of a healing fairy to mend her ails. Those events showed when things got real. It was a testament to the fact you [Link] are no longer a kid, but a warrior. < Wow. That was cheesy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm sorry, but that part kinda made me want to barf; the whole Link thing. But the overall scene was very effective for the series, especially seeing as it made you guys cry and all.
What exactly made you want to barf? It was a scene where Link showed genuine emotion, sadness for his (at the time) lost friend! I mean, there're many perfectly good reasons to hate the scene, but I do not know a single one!

It was moving for sure, but there was nothing quite so subtle as the tetra scene. Of course, it's just opinion, but for me that scene built one hell of a lot of Link's character in half a second. Whereas the scene with Daphnes focused more on words.

When Link held out his hand to try and save Daphnes though, that was pretty intense.

Both of them pale in comparison to this Skyward Sword one though. Let's at least agree on that :)

I'm actually not sure which scene was more impactful to me. Link's emotions were much more powerful in SS, but Zelda wasn't actually in danger. She just had to sleep for a long time. I'm not saying that it wasn't a big deal, but the king of Hyrule chose to drown with his kingdom. He willingly accepted his fate and subsequent death. And drowning is an awful way to die. Seeing his head slowly fall as Link floats away was powerful. And that music was probably my favorite Zelda song in franchise history.

What exactly made you want to barf? It was a scene where Link showed genuine emotion, sadness for his (at the time) lost friend! I mean, there're many perfectly good reasons to hate the scene, but I do not know a single one!

Well, that scene was ok, but Link's bit seemed sloppily done, and it made me want to barf. It felt as though the game's creators tried to use emotional appeal to draw in the audience. Nothing is inherently wrong with that; it's just I felt it was not well-done. Link looked so goofy.

G

GamezMasterJr.

I agree, because a similiar thing happened in Oot, when Zelda finally reveals herself to Link from her Shiekah disguise. But at any rate, I also agree it is one of the best scenes of the the entire game, because for once Link was given quite a boost in personality. Normally he's quite calm and collected but in this games he showed a lot more emotion then he normally would. And for me seeing Link cry represents that despite being the chosen hero, having all these herioc traits and powers, he's still only human. It shows that even the strongest of people can be vulnerable.

R

Rikku9314

Yes, I definitely teared up at that scene...and she asked him to wake her up...it was very moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom