• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Question for people who listen to Hip Hop: Top Five Rappers/Emcees

1. Eminem: He's my number one GOAT. Eminem has the complete package as an MC, IMO; his rhyme schemes, wordplay, storytelling, flows/cadences, longevity, freestyling, versatility, etc. are all god-tier. He has gotten on the mic with most of the legends like Big, Jay, Nas, etc. and has had better verses, beating them! Even Nas was quoted as saying that Eminem killed Jay on his own s*** on Ether. Eminem has taken the best parts of previous legends and combined those elements to become the definition of an MC, and has influenced some of the modern day greats like Kendrick and Joyner. He also has classic records and tracks.

2. Andre 3000: Just like Em, 3K is an MC who has the complete package of skills. He has helped make some of the best albums in hip hop history and has pushed boundaries. Unfortunately, he hasn't put out a project in a long time which somewhat hurts his longevity, and some would say that the fact that he's never had a solo album hurts him just a slight bit(although I think you could argue that he has nonetheless put out enough material to make up for it)

3. Nas: Nas is known for releasing Illmatic(which is one of the best albums ever), but he's done more than just that; he defeated Jay Z in their beef, and as a result of that, the term ''Ether'' became a part of Hip Hop vocab; It's used to refer to someone who lost a beef(''you got ethered''). He has countless classic tracks, and he's one of the best storytellers in Hip Hop. He doesn't switch his flow up that often, but everything else makes up for it.

4. Rakim: The man who more or less invented multi syllable rhyming in the game. He completely changed the culture, and has released classic projects. His voice commands your respect, and has one of the smoothest flows in the game.

5. Kendrick Lamar: He might be ''too new'' to some, but he has already influenced music(David Bowie of all people was influenced by TPAB on his final album), and he has put out some of the most cohesive projects ever. His storytelling is on point, and he has lyricism in spades.

Ninja

Well well well
All time #1 for me, Eminem, similar reasons to you. The other four for me personally in no particular order: 2Pac, Notorious BIG, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar.

Notable favorites: Logic, Big Sean, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Nelly, Lloyd Banks, Royce Da 5'9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom