• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Proof the "Twilli" Are "Sheika" Interlopers...

Here is what I currently believe happened, as an order of events:

* The Zoni came to the land.
* A large enough group of them sought after the Triforce. (interlopers)
* Most of the Zoni who were not banished became the Minish. (Pokiri is a sub-grouping of Zoni)
* As the Zoni vanished, Rauru built his kingdom. (Likely under an actually divine edict from Hylia)
* Later, a young Minish follows suit with his banished brethren, becoming Vaati.

With the Twili styling, we don't just see the eye symbolism, but echoes of Zoni architecture. Just look at those curls on that throne. We also know now that the Zoni used the eye symbolism before the Sheikah.

Even if you don't believe in Rauru's reign being so early, it still tracks. We have have Zoni like technology in SS and MC, so we can still predate the Zoni to before those games, even if you don't want to include Rauru.

In short, the Twili were Zoni, and so were the Minish.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
@Lambsquirt, you may be on to something here. I remember the Boss of the Tower of the Gods, looking suspiciously like the tech used in The Twilight realm.

Nice Reasoning!
It does hold validity and the "Zonai" and their mystery are still relatively "Unknown" so i can agree with the Plausibility of this.
However, (conjecture follows)

If the "Zonai" Descended From the "Heavens" being somewhat "Godly" themselves, Why would they seek to "Steal" the Triforce?
Humans/Hylians (Sheika interlopers) would be more likely to fall from grace as Jelousy of the "Zonais Godliness" may sway them to the "Shadows". ;)

We see a Total of 7 Possible Zonai in Totk,
5 in Dragon form (3 alive 2 dead).
also Raru and Mineru.

just my thinking but your point of the "Zonai like Tech" in the "Twillight Realm" is pretty solid tbh.

Last edited:

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
The Twili realm is basically just Australia, all the prisoners get sent there and they end up making their own country out of it.
So true.

(Picture for reference.)

Oh how right you are Stray! Dam your Quick!

View attachment 73303
i just laugh how "Reminiscent" of Bongo Bongo this is.
(Bongo- Bongo Dead Dark Sheika Spirit L.O.Z OOT)
The fact that the hands look eerily similar to the hands that come after you, after grabbing the light orb in the Twilight realm is evidence in itself.

If the "Zonai" Descended From the "Heavens" being somewhat "Godly" themselves, Why would they seek to "Steal" the Triforce?
For the same reason Vaati became what he was. And, as we know from TotK, even though the Hylians considered the Zoni to be gods, the Zoni knew they were far from being gods. Despite seeming powerful to us, that group saw that they could have even more power, and went for it.

For the same reason Vaati became what he was. And, as we know from TotK, even though the Hylians considered the Zoni to be gods, the Zoni knew they were far from being gods. Despite seeming powerful to us, that group saw that they could have even more power, and went for it.
This is actually a Pretty cool theory tbh i like it.
Could this arc however, further the Lore behind the Zonais "Dracofacation" and the "2 Dead" Dragon Skeletons in the Depths?

I personally think the Zonai Were Limited in numbers to begin with, and we also see a Drastic decline in "Sheika population"
so both are 50/50 for me now.

Thanks for the new Perspective Desu!!!

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
R.1bd52b53b5343f7337f39cb787639685

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Well Played Mikey BUT WHO, is Actually Mario......?

View attachment 73305
Technically, it could be anyone from the Mario and Zelda universe, Yoshi has been seen in transforming into Mario in Super Mario 64 DS. But I think we might be going off topic here.

The Zonai theory could hold a bit of water, considering the floating islands they tend to share with each other. But that's always been a running game with some races in Zelda, so I'm not convinced. There's roughly five different races that the Twili could originate from if we go with the custom of floating islands.

So a wee logical "Process of elimination" may come handy, we see a joining of Raru and Sonia (Zonai and Hylian)
Could the "Twilli" be that of a "Sheika - Zonai" offshoot ??

So point being,
In the realm of "Hyrule" we have a Marriage and Royal "Liniage" between the two Races, Hylian and Zonai. (Light)
In the realm of "Twillight" We see a Similarity between the "Sheika Technology and that of the "Zonai".
So a Dark "Royal Lineage" and Marriage Between the "Zonai and Sheika Interlopers" ...........

this is getting good; However 2 points arise from this Merging.

1.) If the "Zonai" are in fact the "Twilli" The War that banished the Interlopers to the Twillight realm has to have taken place,
"BEFORE Totks Past"

2.) If it was soley "The Sheika" Banished to the "Twillight Realm", the War that banished the Twilli can Plausibly take place,
"AFTER Totks Past".

*This would also fit between, "Skyward Sword" and "Ocarina of Time" in the "Era of Chaos" as we know of a "War' around this Point in the Timeline.

*(This is why I personally lean towards reason #2)

Last edited:

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
The Era of Chaos happens before the Triforce was sealed in the Sacred Realm. Which happened long before the Shiekah went missing, and the Era of Chaos was the point in which The Interlopers were banished. I'm more leaning to the fact that it happened sometime after Skyward Sword. Which if the Zonai was around at that time, and probably was. I'm willing to say that it was the former.

The Era of Chaos happens before the Triforce was sealed in the Sacred Realm. Which happened long before the Shiekah went missing, and the Era of Chaos was the point in which The Interlopers were banished. I'm more leaning to the fact that it happened sometime after Skyward Sword. Which if the Zonai was around at that time, and probably was. I'm willing to say that it was the former.
Agreed,
We do know of the Scared Realm being located and Sealed During the Era of Chaos.

1.) If the "Sheika" Go missing Before "Skyward Sword" Then id have to Agree 100% the Twilli are the joining between Zonai/Sheika

2.) If the Sheika go missing After "Skyward Sword" the "Sheika" are the Sole "Interlopers" sealed in the Twillight Realm,
During the Era of Chaos.

its 1 or the other to fit with the Lore.

The evidence based on the lore I've found suggests #2,
Due to the subtle placement of the "Eye" Symbol and the Technology associated with "Sheika Tech"
The existance of "Dark Sheika/interlopers" (Shadow Temple).

The plausibility of the Sheika being the interlopers and becoming the Twilli is pretty solid.

Last edited:

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Shiekah don't go missing until after Ocarina of Time. We know this for a fact because they were a predominant figure in turning the tides of the war right before Ocarina of Time, like a secret service to the Royal family that was nearly wiped out towards beginning of Ocarina of Time. After Ocarina of Time's Impa died they weren't mention predominantly again until Breath of the Wild, and Breath of the Wild is a rabbit hole of inconsistencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom