• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Project M Vs Normal Brawl

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have never played any of the hacks really, just seen a bunch of videos. And I have to say, Project M looks like a HECK lot more fun than Brawl plays. I know, two totally different functions being compared is so whack, but let me explain.

When I first saw vids of Brawl, they looked otherworldly. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. This was back in, like 2006 as I recall. Seven years later when I actually get the game, I find it's floaty and slow (facts I knew well before I got the game btw). Competitive play is a LOT slower than Melee's was, and seems like you have to do less in order to get good. Characters in Brawl are so much NOT viable for competitive play, whereas in Melee you could very well find a serious Link player who could win against a great Fox/Marth (e.g...what was his name, IZAW?).

Project M brings the fast paced, highly technical gameplay back or so it appears. I'm most looking forward to wavedashing; I don't care if it was a glitch, it made Melee 100x more enjoyable for me. To see it go away for Brawl really pissed me off :I

Project M; HUGE fan is an understatement. Been following it since its inception. Watched dozens of videos of it. Joined some of its many forums. Bricked two Wiis thanks to Project M (this, of course, was before I knew of a means to "unbrick" them). I could go on for ages, but I sure I have summed it up quite nicely...

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Prefer "regular" Brawl. I have to admit Project M has some cool concepts (separating the transforming characters, some nifty new stage formats, menu layouts are nice).

Balanced Brawl is my mod of choice for one primary reason. It doesn't taint the game with inferiority. They "deliberately avoid changing any core elements that make Brawl what it is." You know what? That's how it should be.

Balanced Brawl has the exact same physics as standard Brawl, and elements such as animation speed, hitbox size, or general character playstyle are rarely changed in any way. No one should have any problem moving between standard Brawl and Balanced Brawl, even back-to-back!

The main goals are:
1. Increase Overall Character Balance
2. Remove Infinites and Inescapable Lockdowns
3. Increase Stage Viability

How they've removed infinites and balanced the game is pretty ingenious. This is the type of stuff that needs to be implemented into SSB4. I would highly recommended checking it out.

Last edited:
Project M is silly. I tried it out with my buddy and we agreed that they overcompensated for what the creators deemed "bad" characters.

Dan

I don't mind Vanilla Brawl but after trying some mods I do loooove me some balanced brawl the best, project M is fun however. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom