• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Preferred HUD Mode?

Which HUD mode do you prefer?

• Normal

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Pro

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Pro.

Ever since OoT, HUDs in any game bug me and i turn them off when i get the option.

I played botw with the HUD on until i left the plateau and then never switched it back on. I dont really need it. None of the information is so necessary that i need it on the screen at all time. Hearts are all i need displayed.

So yep, unobstructed view on pro mode for me. Loved that TP and WWHD allowed for clean HUDs too especially since TPs original HUD was terrible. The map in the corner of the screen was huge in TP.

And SS's HUD was bloody horrible!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Normal. I sometimes forget which rune I have equipped, and it's easier to just look. I also like seeing how many uses of a Champion power I have left or how far along it is recharging. I also really like having the minimap and temperature meter, and the weather display is extremely helpful; it lets me prepare for rain or lightning. Even with all that stuff it doesn't crowd the screen, so I'm fine not using Pro.

Even with how ****ty Skyward Sword's HUD was, I liked that it had a hybrid setting; 'light' I think is what it was called. Really wish BotW had something like that because I don't like all the **** on my screen but I kind of want to keep the minimap since I'm too incompetent to navigate with the sheikah scope. So, I'm reluctantly still using the normal HUD but only because I want the minimap. I keep all the champion powers disabled just so I don't have to see them cluttering my screen. Get on a light interface, Nintendo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom