• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Potentially Being Revealed at VGX Awards on Saturday?

Honestly, I think it's gonna be the most massive Zelda game to date, and will likely have graphics based off the tech demo to some extent. It's the exact game Nintendo needs right now to help prove the Wii U is a system worth getting, and a Skyward Sword or Wind Waker art style will simply not win over people doubting Wii U (as much as I personally love those art styles). They're looking for a game so incredible and large that can compete with games like Skyrim, one that can only be found on Wii U.

I agree with this.

Nintendo needs to maximize the WiiU's capability and really show off what it can do, and in order to maximize this they need to do it on one of their largest and most popular platforms. I know Aunoma and Miyamoto are always putting gameplay #1, but if they desire to propel the WiiU in the minds of the masses, then they need to "Show Off" as much as possible. And there's no reason that they would need to sacrifice gameplay in order to do this.

I'm kind of doubting it will be Zelda wiiU I mean maybe a teaser or something along those lines, but I wouldn't expect much more than that as it likely won't be released for a long time, probably later in 2014.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high but Nintendo does have every right to be desperate right now and showing off a new Zelda could pick up some steam for the Wii U. I don't see why they shouldn't show it at VGX. A new IP is either a hit or miss, so Zelda is the safest bet for them.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
It's Donkey Kong.

I knew it, had the feeling. I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up if weren't for stubborn impatient people trying to convince me otherwise. I hate it when that happens. People pull the same nonsense with MMHD/MM3D, even though that will never happen.

S

Shane

Hey, hey, hey, hey! There is nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING wrong with getting hopes up! It's like saying "Oh don't get too excited for the new Zelda game it might not be as good!", it's human nature to get excited. I'm pretty bummed Nintendo didn't take the opportunity to announce Zelda U, but hey, people are allowed to convince and get their expectations up.

And just because they're wrong, doesn't mean we should bash them for it. It was logical if you think about it, Nintendo was going to reveal it at E3 2013 and Comic Con and that "next time we should have something". Maybe he was talking about a Christmas Direct but it was logically to assume VGX due to the audience. It's no different then assuming it would have been X or Mario Kart 8 etc. Just saying because I kinda feel like people are rubbing me off as impatient when I'm completely the oppisite. :S

Last edited by a moderator:

Salem

SICK
Hey, hey, hey, hey! There is nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING wrong with getting hopes up! It's like saying "Oh don't get too excited for the new Zelda game it might not be as good!", it's human nature to get excited. I'm pretty bummed Nintendo didn't take the opportunity to announce Zelda U, but hey, people are allowed to convince and get their expectations up.
Yeah I agree, having that feeling of anticipation for a video to me greatly outweighs the disappointment of most games.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It was half expected and I'm sort of disappointed, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much.

Anyway, we still have heard a lot of positives from Nintendo: it's progressing well, it was nearly announced at E3 and even an earlier Nintendo Direct. All this points at an inevitable announcement in the near future. However, maybe just 2 weeks after the release of A Link Between Worlds was too soon. The game is still all the hype at the moment and they don't want it to be overshadowed by what seems like a more desirable game to many fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced within the next two directs, so I'm still rather optimistic that it's round the corner.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm sorry, what was the that game announced? I didn't watch it.

It was Donkey Kong tropical Freeze.
I never really believed that Zelda would be shown anyway, so the fact it was not Zelda shown did not bother me. Had it been shown it would have been such a great surprise. However I am very disappointed it was not Smash Bros which I thought was the most likley choice.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
It's Donkey Kong.

Well, that sucks. I'm honestly surprised that Nintendo would go to VGX for the first time for Donkey Kong. I know, Donkey Kong is releasing soon and they want to build up hype but the fact is that the main audience that actually watches VGX are not really potential customers for that game (especially since most don't even own a Wii U, and I don't think they would buy a Wii U just for a new Donkey Kong). Showing off just a little bit of Zelda U would have 3 times the effect than an entire 8 minutes of gameplay for the new Donkey Kong game has towards the VGX audience. Not saying I don't like Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, but this clearly was not the place to showcase it.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
It was half expected and I'm sort of disappointed, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much.

Anyway, we still have heard a lot of positives from Nintendo: it's progressing well, it was nearly announced at E3 and even an earlier Nintendo Direct. All this points at an inevitable announcement in the near future. However, maybe just 2 weeks after the release of A Link Between Worlds was too soon. The game is still all the hype at the moment and they don't want it to be overshadowed by what seems like a more desirable game to many fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced within the next two directs, so I'm still rather optimistic that it's round the corner.

It's confirmed to be announced at E3 2014, so my suggestion would be wait patiently until E3 cause otherwise you're in for more disappointments until then.

Sheik

:the:
It's confirmed to be announced at E3 2014, so my suggestion would be wait patiently until E3 cause otherwise you're in for more disappointments until then.

Not exactly. It has been confirmed that we will SEE it at e3, but when it will be revealed hasn't been confirmed. So we will probably see something small before e3, then a real trailer at e3.

Has this really been confirmed 100%? I would think that Nintendo would be a bit more vague with teasing for what will be, now that Mario 3D World is wrapped up, the biggest game that the WiiU is going to offer for the foreseeable future. Not that I'm complaining though, since I'm pretty eager to see just what kind of presentational art style they'll go with.

As for VGX.... Is this thing even relevant? I don't remember ever keeping up with it back when I was big into video games, and I can't say that I ever bought into any of the hype surrounding huge releases being revealed. And seeing the reactions, I think it's safe to assume that it was kind of overblown anyway.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
That weren't the specific words of Anouma; he said we'll see the game at E3. It was very vague as most expected to see the game then, in fact it's a given. He didn't say it was going to be announced then. I'd still imagine he'd announce it earlier to garner more attention for the Wii U itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom