• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Potentially Being Revealed at VGX Awards on Saturday?

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/03/reggie-to-present-new-look-at-wii-u-game-at-spike-vgx-awards/

"VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game. Additional exclusives to be revealed shortly."

This is also Nintendo's first appearance at the VGX Awards, and Eiji Aonuma also stated that he had planned to reveal Zelda U at Comic Con, but said "I was so busy preparing my presentation of A Link between Worlds, that I can’t show you anything 'new' today. But you can enjoy my next announcement. As soon as I am back at my office I will start preparing something new that I can show.”

If Zelda U was in a complete-enough state to be revealed then, and it's also Nintendo's first appearance at the VGX Awards where they're able to get great coverage, do you think it's possible they will whip out a new trailer for the next Zelda game on Wii U?

It'll be on December 7th at 6pm, which is this Saturday so stay tuned! (But don't get too hyped up in case it doesn't turn out to be true)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I posted a thread about this in another section as I heard the rumours of the great one's (Reggie) appearance. However, it seems now that it's confirmed and there is going to be a brand new Wii U title revealed as well.

I want to stay positive here. Zelda Wii U is progressing very well as stated on a few occasions now. In fact it was nearly revealed much earlier; however, I think they were holding it off until their latest release: A Link Between Worlds. Now that release has came and went I'm confident an announcement will happen soon.

I'm saying it's 50/50. This is Reggie's first appearance at the big event and he won't be there to show any old game - it's bound to be something big otherwise why go to the trouble? It makes sense for him to go and raise hype for Nintendo's prime series though I'm not completely buying into it yet. One things for certain though, I'm watching the VGAs this year.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
I honestly doubt Zelda Woo will be shown, but that doesn't mean I won't be anxious.

I'll try to keep my expectations to a minimum...

S

Shane

I'm fine with just a teaser screenshot or artwork that shows hidden details of what we can expect. Maybe a small trailer if we're lucky. I'd assume around E3 will be the "main trailer".

Anything that will just kill my hype of the unknown will do me. But I'm cool with ALBW and all.

I'm looking forward to the announcement, but I don't plan on getting my hopes up too high just yet. Anything'll do, though, be it a small artwork or one minute trailer.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda U is, by my prediction, not going to be teased at this announcement.* The text reads "a new look at an upcoming Wii U game". We can't get a new look at Zelda U as we haven't seen ANYTHING about it. I wager it will be Mario Kart 8 or even X. Zelda U will be saved for later, as it is not a very core franchise. Remember what the audience is: VGX. They only buy into "zomg hardc0re" games. Nintendo is utter **** compared to the rest. So what Nintendo is revealing at this event has to be a killer app for the HARDC0RE types.

*This may be incorrect if Zelda U has an art style on the lines of Twilight Princess.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think it's probable that it will be Zelda Wii U shown off, but I'm not making any predictions. I WILL, however, state my reasoning for thinking it's probable.

• It's almost been shown off twice this year
  • It won't be Mario or Metroid
  • We already know enough about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Mario Kart 8 is a casual game and speaks for itself
  • Bayonetta 2 and "X" are in very niche genres
  • Super Smash Bros. 4 already has daily updates from Sakurai himself
This all heavily points to the possibility of a Zelda reveal. The only other reasonable game for Nintendo to show off is a brand-new IP, and while that's possible, I have my doubts it'll be what's unveiled.

As for what Nintendo has in store for us, we'll just have to wait and see.

Zelda U is, by my prediction, not going to be teased at this announcement.* The text reads "a new look at an upcoming Wii U game". We can't get a new look at Zelda U as we haven't seen ANYTHING about it.

Could easily just be the wording they chose without thinking about it. It also says a "world premiere", which suggests something new.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
I'm personally looking forward more to MonolithSoft's Project X, which just showed a short albeit tremendous preview trailer earlier this year...

However, with A Link Between Worlds recently released, it's highly probable and plausible that Nintendo is getting ready to disclose more about their Wii U development for the next installment. Hopefully it's going to be a good show, and matches up with Project X.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It also says a "world premiere", which suggests something new.
No, that's Geoff's saying it's a "world premiere". Geoff is like a father of Hype. He'll say anything even if whatever the subject is turns out to be massively underwhelming. I do want it to be Zelda U, but I don't see it. Miyamoto's new IP has a better chance of being presented.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, that's Geoff's saying it's a "world premiere". Geoff is like a father of Hype. He'll say anything even if whatever the subject is turns out to be massively underwhelming. I do want it to be Zelda U, but I don't see it. Miyamoto's new IP has a better chance of being presented.

It was also a retweet of a tweet from Reggie himself of the Master Sword on his desk, and he's been rockin' some Zelda duds in the latest images of him.

Conspiracy, conspiracy, I know, but it only adds fuel to the fire.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Slight change of topic here, but do you guys have any predications on what this installment will be like (given it is shown)?

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
Slight change of topic here, but do you guys have any predications on what this installment will be like (given it is shown)?

Honestly, I think it's gonna be the most massive Zelda game to date, and will likely have graphics based off the tech demo to some extent. It's the exact game Nintendo needs right now to help prove the Wii U is a system worth getting, and a Skyward Sword or Wind Waker art style will simply not win over people doubting Wii U (as much as I personally love those art styles). They're looking for a game so incredible and large that can compete with games like Skyrim, one that can only be found on Wii U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom