• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

POLL: What is Your Preferred Way to Play Zelda Games?

What's your preferred way to play Zelda games?

• Normal run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100% run

• Speed run

• 3-heart run

• Minimalist run

• Other (please specify in your post)

• Total voters

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I always do two runs, right off the rip. first i just play the game to enjoy it, in no rush and with no goal in mind as its a new adventure and i dont know the story or what is in the dungeons, but almost the second i beat the game, i start another one which i try to make a 100% run. im not too good at 100% runs unless i have a guide of some kind. i recently played ALttP and finally for the first time since it came out, got 100%. i was proud of it but felt it was past due. i still have yet to 100% OoT cuz i think that it the most extensive game in the series. i have been waiting for them to make another game that big.... in 3D at least! if you ask me, all of the 2D zelda games are pretty big!

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I play the games how I want, I don't really have any "specific" way of playing. One minute I may feel like getting that heart piece and the next I won't. I used to play either 100% or minimalist or 3-heart challenge, but I have decided that it is far more enjoyable this way.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Normal. I have yet to try to do any of the other modes. I have strongly considered 100% and 3 heart challenge, but have never actually attempted either. Plus I think 3 heart would kick my ***.

I play through the main quest and explore/do sidequests in my leisure. I don't need every heart container, but i like to upgrade a decent amount of my stuff and explore a good amount of secrets so i don't finish the story feeling unaccomplished

J

JPowers83

Back in the earlier days, I'd do 100%. But now I just beat the game with as much as I can get, then I go for 100% the 2nd and 3rd time.

Ecysmest

Of the Forest
I play a lot of games for their story, and the Legend of Zelda is no exception. Watching the story unfold in various LoZ games has been a favorite of mine since I began really playing the games. i don't really see or feel the need to go around collecting every heart piece, or every upgrade. I don't even go looking for bottles. One bottle has gotten me through several games just fine. I might get a few pieces of heart when I see them, or know where they are or how to get them, but I won't go hunting for them.

Personally, I'm against speed-runs. What point is there in beating a game in just a couple of hours? You miss the story, you miss several side quests that are actually quite interesting. If you talk to everyone, you actually learn quite a bit about the game. You can learn history, you can learn about a lot of characters, and a lot about characters, just by talking to people. It gives the game much more depth. Nintendo did not program all those conversations so that you could run by them without even acknowledging their existence.
Now I'm ranting.

I'm sorry, I kind of got carried away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom