• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

pokemon picross

Has anyone beat this game without buying any picrites or whatever they are called?

I am on area 10 and slowly making my way through it.

Tibari

Rinkuji
I tried to not spend any money in this game, and I still don't spend any money in it but I don't play a lot...
Unfortunately because damn I like those puzzles

I played it for a while until I felt like I needed to spend money on picrites. Don't remember how far in I was.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I play one puzzle a day, I haven't bought any picrites at all, just saving up from daily training, achievements and missions. I've also unlocked the Mega Pencil this way (that took me months) and now I'm on world 20-something, not sure exactly.

I used to play this daily, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to not spend money. I wish they would have just charged an upfront fee instead of making you feel like you have to spend money in order to progress. Hopefully Super Mario Run will be great, because apparently it uses a pay-to-play strategy.
Unlocking the tiles is rather fun, I still have no clue as to what the blue ones make up.

I play one puzzle a day, I haven't bought any picrites at all, just saving up from daily training, achievements and missions. I've also unlocked the Mega Pencil this way (that took me months) and now I'm on world 20-something, not sure exactly.

Glad to here there is someone else chipping away at it without paying anything.
I forget what does the Mega Pencil do? Well I know it unlocks certain levels but do those pokemon you get in those levels help?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I play it for a while now. I also play one puzzle a day to collect picrites instead of buying them. I unlocked world 25 and progress very slow because I only play it once a day currently. I'll continue once I finished HWL.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Glad to here there is someone else chipping away at it without paying anything.
I forget what does the Mega Pencil do? Well I know it unlocks certain levels but do those pokemon you get in those levels help?
Ther mega pencil enables you to do the mega evolution levels. They give you a few extra picrites (missions and achievments) and the pokémon are basically the same, but more powerful versions of their non-mega evolved forms. For example, Mega Pidgeot is a 20x, while normal Pidgeot is a 15x

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I've been playing daily without buying, and I'm pretty close to being done. I've only got about 5 more levels to open, and I've got the mega pencil and all Pokémon slots open. I've hit a wall, though, cuz I left my 3DS at my parents house a couple weeks ago, and I don't go back until Thanksgiving.

I would like to play it more. If you don't have to pay for it at all then maybe I'll go back to it. Currently working my way through Picross DS and Picross 3D (really cheap used at GameStop) and if I need more 2D Picross I might just get games from the Picross e series. If only Picross 3D 2 weren't so dang expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom