• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Button Holding Myth - Is It True?

A

ajay

its a myth but i always do it cause I want to believe it;)

I think its a myth but I still do it cause I want to believe it;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I'm not sure where I heard about it......but I too have (and still do) used this so called "easy capture method" and more times than not it actually did work o_O However, the method I used was to hold A and rotate the D-pad :yes:

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I'm sure most of us have heard that if you hold or repeatedly press a certain button while throwing a Pokeball, the Pokemon is more likely to be captured. Is this actually true or just a myth?

I still do this to this very day. The myth actuallys works for me most of the time. So to me, the myth is really and works. I love pressing "A +B +↓". This is my button-holding technique.

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
It actually does help if you press X when the ball flashes in Platinum, and if you press L at the exact moment you catch it, YOU HAVE A 100% CHANCE OF CATCHING IT!!!1!

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I've never used it before, I hadn't heard of it untill now. But I'm pretty sure it's a myth and won't change anything.

P

PickleFishLips

I believe that it is a myth and a funny story is that my own trick was when i was trying to catch giratina in diamond and I was really bored cuz I had been trying forever to catch it so I (for whatever reason) had 3 fingers on my head and I stared at the ds screen and I caught it in a poke ball! I thought I might have been luck so I told my big bro and he caught a heatran in a pokeball in platinum! Seriously though I don't think it's a actual trick:(

Surprisingly, I have never heard of this, despite being the big Pokemon nerd that I am. It's just a myth of course, though. No gimmicks that can help you catch Pokemon... just a giant equation.

but what if pressing down the b button was part of the equation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom