• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Pokémon: Black and White Review

C

CannibalPieChan

Pokemon-Black-and-White-Balling-Up-on-March-6.jpg
As I watched the final cutscene of the fantastic game, Pokemon: Black, I immediately thought to myself, "I have to review this!"

Pokemon: Black and White are probably the best Pokemon games so far. Although the Pokemon themselves may be a little iffy looks-wise, the plot far exceeds any Pokemon game I've ever played. From the beginning of the game, you are introduced to the main villains, Team Plasma, and the battle begins. Team Plasma's goal is not simply to steal pokemon and rule the world. No, they want to liberate Pokemon from people! As I was playing this game, I felt myself questioning the ideals of the Pokemon world: is it really right to capture them and force them to battle?

Perhaps I'm simply taking this a little too seriously, but then again, Pokemon is serious business. I'm a huge Pokemon fan, and the games actually got me interested in gaming. I've played every region, so I have background to draw from when I say Pokemon: Black and White are the best games.

The gameplay is similar to the previous games: RPG style, raise your Pokemon, battle gyms, fill the pokedex, etc. But the game offers more than just that. The intense battles with Team Plasma really add to the effect. The battles aren't necessarily challenging, but the idea that you're battling for the slavery of Pokemon made me a little iffy on the games. Not only that, but the introduction of N really sent this game spinning towards the awesome track.

You meet N when you meet Team Plasma, but he doesn't appear to have any connection to them at first. Only when he tells you do you realize that he's King of Team Plasma. Despite his title, N acts more as a rival than the ultimate enemy. He wants to free his friend (Pokemon) from humans, but when he battles you he begins to wonder if that truly is the right thing to do. N's conflicting feelings really add to his character, making him more of an Anti-Hero (which we all know fangirls go crazy for!).

In the final battle with N, the King admits he actually likes you a little. Once you beat him, he wonders if he was wrong all along. Here's what really sold me on the game: It's teaching respect of opinions. Despite the fact that N still feels he should free Pokemon, he accepts that he may be wrong and acknowledges you as a friend to Pokemon and a strong trainer.

Overall, the familiar gameplay, amazing moving graphics, and captivating plot really pull this piece together. I found myself falling in love with this game over and over again. I can't believe it was so epic. And when I say epic, I mean it. I'm not exaggerating at all. This game is truly the best so far, and I highly recommend it to anyone even thinking of playing it (as well as people who didn't think of playing it).

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Pokemon Black and White: Likes and Dislikes

Ok well the title says it all. Here are soem questions for it to (:

Favorite Gym/Worst Gym: Well on this, i think the electric gym was my favorite and least favorite to say the least. I liked how to get to there and all, i mean rollercoasters xD But it was also a pain in the *** to face ): I had like grass and one electric type. Facing Emolga was also annoying, i mean i got pissed off when it stated to use double team and i couldn't hit it >.<

Favorite pokemon/Worst Pokemon: ehh cant answer that yet

Favorite Character/Worst character: I LOVED N.... and my fanboy side is getting on his side and i may look up some random pairings later on with him.... My least favorite was probably Cheren the male. I mean he was concided and frankly annoying to me ):< I mean all he wants to do is become stronger, per usually for power, and becom champion and thats all. Just annoying.

Favorite scenery/Least Favorite: Well i think i liked the chargecave one, i mean electric coarses through you xD and i just liked it :3 Also i liked Nimbasa City(is that the one of the 4rth gym leader??) 'Cause of N i love him x3 and i liked the technological back ground. Umm worst, idk, i really haven't disliked any of them

Well you can say anythign else you want that you dislike or like about it :)

jugglaj91

I am me....
I must agree. I bought Black Version and although I have not beaten it yet (only got 5th badge) I am totally falling in love all over again with the series. I will agree that I also believe it to be the best games since Pokemon Silver and Gold Version(s). Nice review by the way.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Emolga from the electric gym wanted me to shoot it with a gun she kept switching them. I pretty much loved the game and didn't really have any dislikes since I don't favor Pokemon over stats or design. But I didn't like Cheren as much and the other girl was fine. I'm about to finish up my wifi team and add the rest of my event pokemon from HG to my Black game since my HG game is on life support.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Same here these are the best Pokemon games since Gold and Silver:yes: I haven't finished the game yet but I'm really enjoying them. Plus I love the New Starters.:clap:

The shaking grass I didn't realise this was the only way to catch Emonga/rare Pokemon I spent ages looking for one before I knew this:mad:.

When you're trying to go to the next Town/Route and you're Rivels want a battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

I would have to say that Pokemon Black and White are the best games in the series so far. My breath was taken away by the two games. There will always be fans out there who say the originals were best and that Pokemon gets worse with each passing generation, but I would have to disagree with them. Pokemon just keeps improving, if you ask me. The big point of Black and White that make it stand out among the others is the fact that Team Plasma wasn't going for world domination like the other teams we've seen, but the liberation of all Pokemon. It's a nice twist to the norm, and it worked out very well. The Pokemon were fantastic, in my opinion. There are always people out there who complain about the names and how unoriginal they are... but let me ask you something, haters, were they ever original? No, they weren't. I don't know about you, but I think that Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon are pretty original names. They're all based off of German numbers, by the way.

I haven't beaten the game yet, myself, but I'm very close. So far I'm blown away. The Pokemon are absolutely wonderful, and I think I've comprised quite a team myself. That team, at the moment, being Sawsbuck, Gigalith, Simipour, Musharna, Victini, and Vanillite. Some call me cheap for using Victini on my playthrough, but he's honestly just another type coverage guy. I hardly use him at all myself, he was reserved for the wild grass Pokemon that are so annoying.

This was possibly the best pokemon game I have ever played, considering I have only played four of them. Cheren was kind of annoying, but I got past that so I could enjoy the rest of the game. The camera angles and graphics are what really attract me to the game. Take the Skyarrow bridge as an example. I loved running across it, as I do sometimes just for the heck of it. Good times....

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Pokemon Black and White were definately the best games in the series so far imo. I can definately see why Gen V was the first Generation of Pokemon games to get a perfect score from Famitsu.

The story's still not Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy quality, but it is DEFINATELY a step-up from the last four games. And it works very well too imo.

Gameplay's same as usual with the addition of new moves, Mon's, abilities, etc. plus the Triple and Rotation battles and Entralink. They neutered competitive play, but it's still great.

Music is one of this Gen's strong points imo. It's got an amazing musical score imo.

The graphics are only a slight step up from Gen IV, but still with all the new Pokemon and stuff they have to program into the game and on the same console with the same memory constraints it's a wonder we got ANY graphical improvement at all.

Overall, they're great games, not perfect, but they're definately one of the best games on the DS imo.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
I think that Pokemon White was cool. I don't see why people think the Pokemon are ugly. Even though I haven't played through a Hoenn game, I think Black & White are the best out of all the Pokemon games so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom