• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pikachu Voice Actor

This is actually a Youtube vid, but it has to do with Pokemon, so, here it is.

Many of you may have already seen this. I, for one, had not until yesterday. Its kinda wild actually. Its the woman who does the voice acting for Pikachu in the Pokemon cartoons (and I would assume for Pokemon Yellow as well).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHk52RvpOLw

I almost didn't, and still don't, know what to think about this. I guess I never gave it much thought into who done the voice for those characters so I just assumed it was probably some random old guy. Kinda neat.

Enjoy.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
She looks way too old to be able to pull off tones that high! Well, now I know for sure what person is on old school (first seasons) Ash Ketchum's shoulder. Now, remember, the Game Boy Color used 8-bit soundcards, so I am not entirely sure if she voice acted for it or if they just recorded her tones and rewrote them from scratch in an 8-bit synthesizer.

Either way, I was still impressed about how they got that onto the Game Boy and I'm impressed as well as to how somebody can actually produce tones that high.

She looks way too old to be able to pull off tones that high! Well, now I know for sure what person is on old school (first seasons) Ash Ketchum's shoulder. Now, remember, the Game Boy Color used 8-bit soundcards, so I am not entirely sure if she voice acted for it or if they just recorded her tones and rewrote them from scratch in an 8-bit synthesizer.

Either way, I was still impressed about how they got that onto the Game Boy and I'm impressed as well as to how somebody can actually produce tones that high.

I'm pretty sure she didn't voice act for the games because, well, the games came out first, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom