• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pick up or Delivery?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's pretty crazy that almost any food can be delivered to us with services like UberEats, Grubhub, and other similar ones. I'm wondering how many of us actually use them?

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned, besides getting pizza, I've never used any delivery services to bring me food. I'm just used to either swinging through a drive thru, or placing and picking the order up myself to bring home. I also figure it's cheaper this way, probably.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
You've hit one of my trigger buttons. I hate delivery services. I hate them as a restaurant employee. They're one more thing to keep track of, you have to work around the food while you're waiting for the driver to show up, the drivers are a pain to work with 90% of the time. Huge pain for restaurant employees.
I hate them as a customer. I got some taco bell from Grubhub once. once. They forgot my drink, and even though the food arrived 5 minutes before the eta window, I got no notification or email or even knock on the door to tell me, so 5 minutes after the eta window, I checked the front sidewalk and there it was, sans the drink. I checked my email from them confirming my order and found out it had been there for about 20 minutes.
I also do not like their business practices. Only thing I'll say on that is that DoorDash added restaurants to their app without the restaurants knowing, iirc there were some restaurants that had said "No, we don't want to be on your list."

EDIT: Plus, it's more expensive that way. They have to overcharge to make a profit.

So I will always and forever go to a restaurant if I want their food.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
You've hit one of my trigger buttons. I hate delivery services. I hate them as a restaurant employee. They're one more thing to keep track of, you have to work around the food while you're waiting for the driver to show up, the drivers are a pain to work with 90% of the time. Huge pain for restaurant employees.
I hate them as a customer. I got some taco bell from Grubhub once. once. They forgot my drink, and even though the food arrived 5 minutes before the eta window, I got no notification or email or even knock on the door to tell me, so 5 minutes after the eta window, I checked the front sidewalk and there it was, sans the drink. I checked my email from them confirming my order and found out it had been there for about 20 minutes.
I also do not like their business practices. Only thing I'll say on that is that DoorDash added restaurants to their app without the restaurants knowing, iirc there were some restaurants that had said "No, we don't want to be on your list."

EDIT: Plus, it's more expensive that way. They have to overcharge to make a profit.

So I will always and forever go to a restaurant if I want their food.
whew

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Pick up. I live 2 blocks south of the arbitrary limit my local pizza parlor has set, and there's a 30% chance if I order enough for delivery (usually at least two whole pizzas, considering the limit) that I'm going to get some smug weirdo who will do the "well ackshyually..." spiel.

I do delivery once in a blue moon if I'm at a game night at a friends house, because badgering someone for a dinner run is pain in the ass. My wallet isn't appreciative, though.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I can't even get delivery where I live, so it's always pick up for me. I do remember the first time I went to stay with my brother for a week when he had his own place that I was pretty excited about being able to get pizza delivered for the first time in my life. We were putting together furniture for his place so it was really convenient not to have to stop and leave to get something. So I wouldn't be opposed to delivery if available because it has its conveniences sometimes (especially right now). Though not sure about stuff like GrubHub or DoorDash.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I do delivery once in a blue moon if I'm at a game night at a friends house, because badgering someone for a dinner run is pain in the ass.
I'm the type that likes to do things myself, so I'm the one to go and get some food as opposed to having someone bring it to me. I'm opposed to extra, unnecessary convenience.

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I only really use delivery services during quarantine cause, y’know, global lockdown. But in the future, if I’m feeling especially lazy, I’ll probably use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom