• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen's Manga Podcast - Umami Manga

Pen

The game is on!
Hi! I've been podcasting in a bunch of different constellations ever since 2015, but back in December of 2020 I start the podcast project that I'm the most proud of, and it's become my biggest podcast project yet! Together with my friend James, I started Umami Manga, which is a podcast where we talk about any manga we like! Most of the episodes are volume discussions as we're making our way through several manga series from the start volume by volume on the podcast. For some reason I haven't thought to share it here on ZD until now. Umami Manga releases a new episode every other Friday for the time being, so to those who might be interested, I'll try to keep you posted through this thread. ^^

But to to start off I figured I'd share with you the first episode of each of the manga discussion series that we have going on the podcast. If you wanna hear us talk about any of the later volumes of any series, you can find them on the channel (I'll put a direct link to it at the bottom of this post)!

Additionally we recently started doing video content on our YouTube channel where we don't limit ourselves to just talking about manga, so in our first video discussion we talked about anime, and we'll talk some more about anime in our upcoming video episode as well. Here's our only piece of video content so far, but there will be more. ^^

That should be it for now! I won't bore you with much more text. I hope some of you find enjoyment in our podcast, even though we're aware it's quite niche. We're certainly having a blast making it. Finally I'll just leave you with links to where you can find and listen to us. Thanks for your time!

Listen to Umami Manga here:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/UmamiManga
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/73hiSW7pHjcjNNuNq07NTd?si=167ac800822d4b9f
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/se/podcast/umami-manga/id1543457586
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...=0CAMQ4aUDahgKEwiwzdTv-e76AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQ7AE
- Anchor: https://anchor.fm/umami-manga

Pen

The game is on!
Happy Halloween, everyone! This week on Umami Manga we we celebrate the spookiest season by talking about one of the most highly regarded horror manga out there: Uzumaki by Junji Ito. It's our first time covering an entire manga in a single podcast episode, and I'm sure we'll do it again with a different series in the future. Enjoy! ^^

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Happy Halloween, everyone! This week on Umami Manga we we celebrate the spookiest season by talking about one of the most highly regarded horror manga out there: Uzumaki by Junji Ito. It's our first time covering an entire manga in a single podcast episode, and I'm sure we'll do it again with a different series in the future. Enjoy! ^^

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Junji Ito Junji Ito Junji Ito!!!!:wynaut::wynaut::gletsgo:

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
This week on the manga podcast we cover volume 6 of Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, a brilliant fantasy story about an elf mage who saved the world from the Demon King before the manga starts, and now she's finding new ways to live her life. ^^

Pen

The game is on!
In today's episode we talk about volume 3 of the Asadora! manga. This was the most recent series we started covering on the podcast, and it's already one of my all time favourite manga! If you like historical fiction with hints of the supernatural, check it out! ^^

Pen

The game is on!
Today on the podcast we talk about the fourth volume of Kaiju No. 8, a shounen manga about kaiju (believe it or not!). It's got good comedy, interesting little mysteries, and very good action! ^^

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Today on the podcast we talk about the fourth volume of Kaiju No. 8, a shounen manga about kaiju (believe it or not!). It's got good comedy, interesting little mysteries, and very good action! ^^

I've read a few chapters of this manga and I liked it. I'm really rooting for Kafka.

Btw, does your podcast take guests online?

Pen

The game is on!
I've read a few chapters of this manga and I liked it. I'm really rooting for Kafka.

Btw, does your podcast take guests online?

Glad to hear you're enjoying this manga as well! :)

Sadly we don't generally have guests on the show, but we do have an open Umami Manga Discord server (linked in the video description on YouTube) where anyone can join and discuss all the manga we cover on the podcast, as well as all sorts of other stuff. It has actually grown into a very nice little community, so feel free to join us on there if you'd like. ^^

Pen

The game is on!
In our final episode of the year we're talking about the most recently released English volume of my favourite manga series, Kaguya-sama: Love is War! On top of this being my favourite manga, this volume is also one of my favourite books of the series now. An absolutely wonderful read, and I think it made for a very fun discussion. Happy holidays, everyone! :pikalove:

Pen

The game is on!
The podcast kicks off 2023 with a discussion on volume 5 of Jujutsu Kaisen! I haven't seen the anime, so I'm going through this series totally blind, and I'm enjoying it a lot. :)

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Aye! :cool:

Today we're starting a new manga series on the podcast! It's called Oshi no Ko and it's written by Aka Akasaka who also does Kaguya-sama: Love is War. This one dives into the dark side of the entertainment industry and delivers an engaging story about love and loss.

Cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom