• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Oh

that's not what I thought would happen at all

I'd still take it tbh

But I'm not and nobody has made a convincing case that I am

plus is anybody more confirmed atm lol
If you're as confirmed as you think you are (you're not, but let's just say IF), then scum will likely just kill you. Even with a doc, they could have some sort of strongman power or poison power that goes around docs. This makes the "most confirmed" person not always a good target for these sorts of things.

Also, as I've already pointed out, trying to pre-plan and coordinate night actions too much gives scum a big advantage as they can work around town's plans. There are times to do this sort of coordination, but right now, considering that it is still D1, that time is not now IMO. Killjoy should target who they think is best, which should balance "who is townie" with "who will survive" and "who is likely to be able to use a boost to the highest ability". Killjoy making this choice without telling the thread makes it as hard as possible for scum to thwart Killjoy's choice, and doesn't really increase the risk of scum getting it any more than trusting the first person to wave their hand in the air and say "me! me! me!" does.

The thing about someone choosing a night action isn't about who shouts "Pick me!" the loudest, but rather who seems the most townie at the time of choosing, and I'm gonna say it now, you've dropped a couple of rungs on my list.
If you trust me you should still trust me when I want to be able to act twice lol

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't see any redirection roles in the scum roles from OP (although some have custom names so I have to check them) so if we make sure there are none then it could be fine to coordinate a bit

Redirection roles don't matter. They can have roleblock and strongman and that's enough to not coordinate.

Alright, we really need to work out who our target in for D1.

Storm, PK, Chevy and Viral right now I'm leaning toward

PK is barely saying much, and with what has been said doesn't really seem to contribute much if at all.

Trippin TRex Viral is a similar deal, but with his work schedule, I'm inclined to hold off on.Especially after he said:
Oh I got the days mixed up.
With an extension I guess it didn't matter. I'll catch up today.

@Viral Maze Where's ya go?

Storm Couch Arson, I'm having a difficult time reading in general.

and Chevy went AWOL after his vote on Rag

just SAYING but a motivator shot on Fig means 4 potential protections in a day or 2 people with 75% protection
yeah I've been bouncing that one around but I still can't bring myself to trust them

the lack of any desire to save themselves or any sort of reconsideration beyond "people who pushed me are evil" is making it really hard to see them as town here, much less confidently enough to empower them

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
why not?? we can wifom scum by coordinating around 4 players every night, it would make it easier to maybe spot one of them with a watcher??
are you still doubting his claim??

I don't 100% believe him yeah. He's been super scummy. I don't trust him to protect 4 people that people agree are town because he gets super salty at whoever attacks him. Those 4 only have a 50% chance of being protected. We could use motivator with much better roles.

the fear of watcher on doctor is enough to prevent them from disrupting lol

Not everyone is as scared of watcher as you are. Lol.

Fig

The Altruist
Also, with Fig and Killjoy cleared in my list I should probably vote on my next option

Vote: Ragnarokio

Well, sorry for not remembering about a role that wasn't even used in the original game among 140 other roles :v
Out of curiosity, what is it that you are seeing that puts me and by extention Killjoy in the clear? People are at the very least on the fence with me so I would like to know what angle you are viewing this that makes it likely you see me as town in comparison to those who don't think I am otherwise?

depending on the situation yea
I'd call any non-intentional sharing of information a slip regardless of alignment

although in Fext case it was pretty intentional so in that case specifically I wouldn't
Finally, someone understand my mindset. How I see it, anything that was non-intended to be revealed is a slip-up regardless of alignment. If it was until Day 3, 4, 5, etc. that Fext mentioned the chat, we wouldn't have known they had a chat until they mentioned. Fext can claim it was intentional or deliberate bait but based on their interactions and especially being fidgeting in logic by switching gears, it screams to me that perhaps mentioning the chat wasn't intentional in the first place.

also were the scum lightning rods or just town

because if just town then just

don't lightning rod

lmao

with a Useless Doc there's always a chance you die anyways so why bother

regardless

unless somebody can propose a better plan than having Killjoy target me and Fig maybe target me, we should absolutely chain those actions
I'm going to be honest, with everything you have said to me throughout this first Day and if I somehow survive this Day, exactly what makes you think I should target you as a healing option or why should I prioritize you? You begged for an extention (though I agree only because I prefer town getting as much time possible to get as much information possible), you begged for a Chevy lynch, you are now demanding Killjoy for two targets to "prove they are town otherwise they are obviously mafia", now you want doc to give you priority you? You sound even more self-preserved over me and people were claiming I was focus on self-preserving rather than lynching lol.

No.
Fig is not getting a motivator shot. Lol.
Oh man I wish but I agree, there's no way I'm living past tonight.

why not?? we can wifom scum by coordinating around 4 players every night, it would make it easier to maybe spot one of them with a watcher??
are you still doubting his claim??
It's because since I claimed as doctor, regardless of what I do/say, mafia wants to kill TP roles as soon as possible, especially the doctor/healer who is one of the few town roles that can prevent a death from occurring. I'm going to assume that mafia wants to kill me first so they don't have to risk more as the game progresses. So even if I do get the motivator shot at night, if I'm targeted and killed, it's wasted.

Me: "Sweet, just have Fig actively leave open the possibility they could heal me and we cool"

Fig: "So you want priority healing over everybody else now???"

literally this whole game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom