• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Based on D1 I'm gonna do this for now

Vote: Rubik

Rubik was very inconsistent yesterday. He started off by disliking the Sun wagon, and flip flopped 2 to 3 times on it, settling on "Sun is not a great lynch". The key here is that he stayed on Deku when a switch to either of the main wagons could have solidified the lunch on Sun or SMS (via Rag switch). If I had a guess, I'd say non-committal scum trying to stay off a wagon. Could be either one, or both.
Didn't see this

Certified interesting

anyone know killjoy or played with them before? is this like their first mafia game?
I'm on the fence with this, though I'm leaning more on waiting later to go after the stronger peeps. Because 1) with it being early on, in this case, D1, there's little to go on.
2) I feel as if trying to get the tough guys out as fast as possible could be useful.
and 3) going roughly hand-in-hand with 1, there's a chance that in the long run, it could hurt.

There's got to be more to it than the classic "Oh, but he was on the bad side during a majority of times we played together.

NOTSUREIF.jpg
Way too much stuff going on and my first 'official' game has all my thoughts getting jumbled up to the point that I'm assuming that I have everything down then after realizing I don't, I no longer know what I was thinking after I hit 'post'.

these are insanely scummy posts.

anyways feeling less scummy vibes from ezlo rn. y'all i wanna watch netflix lol

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Netflex is no way as engaging as mafia is.
Plus I'm digging the recap from the fresh perspective. It's like that remake of Kenshin's Kyoto arc only not near as ****ty and with better animation

So Ms.555 is definitely putting in more effort than the last game I played with her and I love it. I wish I had that energy right now.

Vote: Rag

every post it gets worse and the tunnel gets deeper

To be serious though, @Rubik you voted Ex over what he said in regards to SunSun earlier. You unvoted on the basis of Ex "pinkie swearing". Were you genuinely suspicious of Ex to begin with? Do you still find those earlier actions to be coming from mafia, or just an overly paranoid townie?

Same question to @Poyzin who currently still has a vote on Ex.

ok, substantial reads and attempts to engage. it's hard for me to read people who play like ezlo. i'm just gonna leave it alone, but he's ok

If Lar has anywhere near as strong of a scum game as Sun, I'd say he's a decent candidate for scum. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to read him atm.

are you actually scum

So Ms.555 is definitely putting in more effort than the last game I played with her and I love it. I wish I had that energy right now.

the unfortunate thing is i don't even remember you that's how detached i was from zd games in the past LOL

nice to play with you again :)

funnier6

Courage~
I really don't care if the formatting borks to heck and back

Also hi fg long time no see

the reason i gave to not lynch him is invalidated now that he's claimed. we can confirm that he's dreaming god tomorrow if we want but that doesn't really do us any good because he's self anyways.
its still possible (if unlikely) that he's lying.
“We can confirm tomorrow that he’s self”
Two seconds later “He could still be lying”

Like ???? why would you even bring that up if it can be proven by tomorrow. I don’t see why you felt the need to validate your vote on him with “could still be mafia” when it could literally be proven that he wasn’t very soon. I don’t see why you didn’t just stick to the logical non-paranoid “third parties must die” line of reasoning if thats what you truly believed instead of giving bull reasons for lynching him as early as posssible.
Sorry bruh, I'd rather lynch guarenteed non-town than mislynch.
Why though
its technically possible that if the dreaming god happens to be in the game but its not sunfan then sunfan can pretend its him and get away with it, but the dreaming god would have to use its abilities according to how we requested sun use them so even if he was lying and lucked out
I know this isnt relevant anymore since hes dead but sun is the person who told me I was absolutely absolutely INSANE to claim third party as mafia. Why. Would he not just. Pick a town role.

I’m not sure whether I just really hate this push and how much it ignores common sense or if I actually think it looks bad for Rag. Idk why she’d feel the need to push this so hard as scum unless the team just really wants sun gone because the dreaming god powers arent especially bad for scum.
But one thing that keeps sticking in the back of my mind and bothering me is him asking Jinjo to change her profile pic (which I don't think she should do). I kinda always see that coming from town funnier.
Why dont you think she should? Also I have no memory of ever asking anyone something like that before?
since you talked about it funnier, I am still trying to play to my win condition
I always will when I sign up
I do want to be a bit happier on average when playing in games, and I don't think I am achieving that this game, given how frustrating it is
This prolly goes without saying but you couldve done a tad better. Sorry it turned out like that though
wow i bet you're really upset right now then
Sometimes Rag posts things like this which really throw me off cause geez it’s so rude lol. Idk if I could see scum Rag taunting Sun like this no matter what the situation, it’s just so unnecessary and feels more like “lol I think you’re scum and I’m gonna kill you haha sucker” that kinda thing. I just dont know that scum Rag would say that.
Minish- This is a strong, strong metaread. I'd be pretty stunned if she was a wolf. You can tell her heart is in it for town to win
Same. I don’t think there’s any way she could say the things she’s said and be scum but I’ve learned not to be surprised
I think the way he's done certain things, like try to approach Jinjo (asking Ex for her previous games, for example) is not beyond his scum range, but makes me happy townreading him. I forget the first thing he did that I felt good about townreading but I do remember it making me feel content.
I really dont see how that is particularly town indicative for me but whatever gets you there I guess.
Jinjo- Fight me on this one; the way she clapped back at funnier was a really good look imo. I think she believed what she was saying and little lines like "I think I am the only person who noticed this" make me feel pretty good about townreading her.
How?? How is it a good look to dismiss what people are saying about you as shading without addressing it at all and then whip out a case for why in fact _those people_ are scum?! It’s like the biggest OMGUS I’ve ever seen. And that line you quoted just irks me all the more because it gives the impression that she should be given credit for noticing some extremely scummything, but that’s not the thing, it gives the impression that she should be _given credit_ because she was the only one to bring it up. Now why would she care about that?

Kirino

Tatakae
It's not just that SMS was inactive and gave few reads, which is different from his town meta. The reads he did give were obvious (e.g., townreading the same people everyone else was) and more importantly, weak. His vote against Sun in particular was based on shifting and unexplained reasons, as I laid out. Even when I don't agree with SMS, I can usually see where he's coming from, and that hasn't been the case so far.

I'm currently town reading everyone on the SMS wagon, especially on the assumption that SMS is scum; otherwise, things become less certain. Still, I feel fairly good about it. By contrast, the Sun wagon was an easy one for scum to jump on, at least after he claimed: lots of votes, no reason for scum to want him alive, and without the same kind of backlash as if he’d been town. Of those, I’ve already mentioned Killjoy, though I’m willing to look at Rag and Johnny as well. But a lot of my reads are affected by how SMS flips.

I agree that Rubik’s complacency vote doesn’t look great, and I’m fine with putting pressure on him today. Jinjo is someone I’ll have to ISO to get a better read on, and I’m currently town reading Lar. Everyone else was inactive.

funnier6

Courage~
He's a town-siding ***** when he's mafia historically, so beware of that moving forward if I don't survive this phase.
I wish I could ask you what the heck this was supposed to mean
I think funnier is the only other realistic option other than me getting lynched and I don't want to give the scum the satisfaction of it being a lynch between me and him on the first day
Reading this made me nauseous tbh. Bless you for avoiding that, I’ll try to make it up to you.
alright, im out
****ing lynch me cya later sure was a blast
i hope neither town nor mafia win, it seems like with a select few exceptions, neither side deserves it
and yes, I know I used the forbidden word
Couldve at least wished luck to those who defended you :V

Sorry you had such a bad time though.
we have a few sensors in the role list, if we get lucky to have one it's better to have concentrated votes
If I was a sensor I think I would legit never use an action because I will not be a part of despicably ruining this games balance.
Also in Pirates Mafia 2 Pen hinted towards the Dreaming God in the night flavour. Looking for things like that will also help prove it.
Ugh hate blasted night flavor giving away blasted everything blasted one punch man vig

Which like wooo but like ugh I forgot how bad relevant night scene flavor is.

Anyway I can’t remember how I wanted to finish this. I still need to finish writing up those reads which will probably take place at some point tomorrow morning cause I sure as heck am not doing it when I get home from work. My general impression of this game is that the scum team is mainly weaker players, I dont really have anything to support that except that’s

what it feels like to me, and when I feel a certain way I’m usually right.

Also I dont really see scum sms, I know sometimes he has a scum game where I think he posts really town like, but those are games I’m not a part of lol. I think a couple things in particular he’s posted are very ??? if scum and I dont really see why his reads not being up to par is really all that much. His inactivity is what strikes me if anything, though thats a tad hard to gauge when the game has been moving so fast. He wouldve been a better lynch than sun by a little but I wouldnt have felt good about it at all, probably wouldve just stayed on Jinjo.

Also yes I wrote up a google doc with over four pages of replies because I knew that I was going to survive the night because I am in fact scum and I sure do love homework yes I do. Actually I realized that day started exactly when I clock in to my shift today and was like well blast, guess I might as well get all my thoughts out now and just copy paste when I can, which I pray I never have to because I foresee a lot of clash going into this next day and I dont really want to be a part of it but you know what I’m going to end up there anyway cause wishes dont come true and I’m going to give my best Day 2 ticked off funnier to avenge the fallen extremely pointless death of my pal sunsun so you just get ready cause this gonna be a bumpy ride and we will only be making the most trivial and irrelevant of detours.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Need to sleep. Why am I still reading this?

Why dont you think she should? Also I have no memory of ever asking anyone something like that before?

Because I kinda don't like the idea of having people change their pics just because it doesn't fit their tone.

Also you asked Laurentus to in Portal Mafia (which he did do and was scum so take that how you will with reading into Jinjo refusing to). Also I believe you've asked Moe and Doc to before as well. Telling Moe to switch back to that dragon thing and Doc to switch back to his Hollow Knight one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom