• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Ok one last one

@Ragnarokio Vigi is a little more protown then you're acting like assuming Vigi shoots counterwagons and inactives. Even if the kill is a town if the targets where in doubt it basically saves the day phase from being a wash "oh I guess we haven't cleared the counter wagon so now wolves have free conversations to spam all phase"

That said, SunFan isn't just 3rd party vigi so you know, i guess your point stands.

Ok leaving for real

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ok one last one

@Ragnarokio Vigi is a little more protown then you're acting like assuming Vigi shoots counterwagons and inactives. Even if the kill is a town if the targets where in doubt it basically saves the day phase from being a wash "oh I guess we haven't cleared the counter wagon so now wolves have free conversations to spam all phase"

That said, SunFan isn't just 3rd party vigi so you know, i guess your point stands.

Ok leaving for real

vigi is always pro-town

vig shots aren't

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
claiming self is a relatively common gambit for scum on the chopping block although in both funnier and sunfan's case they claimed prematurely and i can't really think of another situation where someone claimed self really early while under little or no pressure when they were actually scum

Post written as if you know he'll flip full read

....naw, maybe I'm reading into this too much

For real, sitting the phone down

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i thought about rephrasing it but figured it didn't matter

the only case i've seen where a red has claimed self under next to no pressure is funnier, although its also very rare for self to claim under next to no pressure as well.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw my two cents in regarding this:
since you talked about it funnier, I am still trying to play to my win condition
I always will when I sign up
I do want to be a bit happier on average when playing in games, and I don't think I am achieving that this game, given how frustrating it is

To be fully honest, I am a but frustrated with how flustered I am due to not expecting this to get as active as it did on D1, or D0, or whichever you prefer, but I ain't complaining. Yes I've been a bit too quiet, mainly every time I get my thoughts together or start formulating them I'm about 1 1/2 pages behind. But, I haven't complained. Well until now.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw my two cents in regarding this:

To be fully honest, I am a but frustrated with how flustered I am due to not expecting this to get as active as it did on D1, or D0, or whichever you prefer, but I ain't complaining. Yes I've been a bit too quiet, mainly every time I get my thoughts together or start formulating them I'm about 1 1/2 pages behind. But, I haven't complained. Well until now.
you're welcome to complain all you want

Reads list (these are not in order)

Town

Sunfan- Yeah I'll put myself at the top here stop me from doing it you can't

Mellow- The weakest of my towns aside from the one at the bottom of this list. The push on Jinjo was original, and I don't think it was completely unfounded, and original thoughts like that are what I look for. His push on SMS, my top scum, further makes me comfortable with townreading him even though he has fooled my very hard before.

Minish- This is a strong, strong metaread. I'd be pretty stunned if she was a wolf. You can tell her heart is in it for town to win.

funnier- Could he be a wolf fooling me? Yes, but I kind of don't really give a **** if he is. I think the way he's done certain things, like try to approach Jinjo (asking Ex for her previous games, for example) is not beyond his scum range, but makes me happy townreading him. I forget the first thing he did that I felt good about townreading but I do remember it making me feel content.

Jinjo- Fight me on this one; the way she clapped back at funnier was a really good look imo. I think she believed what she was saying and little lines like "I think I am the only person who noticed this" make me feel pretty good about townreading her.

Rag- Another very strong metaread, albeit it less strong than Minish. She's been exceedingly productive and interactive, and that's not at all what I associate with her scumgame. I do know for a fact that she did actually go back and research the previous anti-town roles (or that she's from Pirates Mafia 2 most likely) because I saw her name at the bottom of Pirates Mafia 2 when I was trying to look up what the dreaming god did, take that for what you will.

Lar- Before he starts spamming the thread about how I can't read him well at all (which is true), I like that he's been scumreading rubik and ex, both people who I think have decent to high scum equity. Talking about how inactives need to die is very typical Lar in general. Basically, he's only here because I like his pushes other than me. He's a town-siding ***** when he's mafia historically, so beware of that moving forward if I don't survive this phase.

Null

Kirino- Could honestly be one tier lower. I've only ever seen him be 3p with a bingo board, so if this is his town play, I do think its kind of lackluster in comparison, and he is distinctly a lot less funny and charming (I know Jinjo says this is a mafia tell but not all mafia can be like that) in this game, comparatively. Really I'm just giving him time to be townie, I guess.

Johnny- Idk, he's had content, it just hasn't really stuck out to me. Gun to my head I'd put him in town but I know I don't have a reason for this so I won't.

Killjoy- Carbon copy of Johnny tbh.

Ex- I honestly remember 0 of his content other than the very, very frustrating "KILL SUNFAN OMG HE WINS SO OFTEN AS SCUM WHY ISN'T EVERYONE IN THE THREAD VOTING SUNFAN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" I guess if I die people can maybe begin to try to actually read him. I'm not playing any games with him in the future without the promise that he is over his very, very irrational fear of me, and I hope that he is scum this game because his persistence has been a supreme bother to me. Could honestly be a tier lower, even scummier than Kirino.

Mafia/Would kill

rubik- Still too passive for me, I'm nowhere near as sure as I was when we still had under 20 pages or w/e, but I detect that his heart isn't really in it. If he can play this way as scum, I haven't seen it, and he did contradict himself earlier when he said that he wasn't scumreading me, because he did vote me I think.

naga- Who? Would happily kill.

SMS- The person who has become more and more mafia as time has gone on here. I agree with Minish that his takes were freezing cold and not in number, and he misremembered the course of events when we interacted when I woke up. When he voted me for voting Ex, there was no attempt at all to understand what the heck I was doing, and I'm very, very sure his mind just went "A TOWN DID A SCUMMY THING A TOWN DID A SCUMMY THING I CAN VOTE THIS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" This is my top wolf atm. I encourage people to go back to that instance and try to put yourself in his shoes, because there really was no attempt to understand me.

DawningWinds- Who? Would happily kill.

DekuNut- Who? Would happily kill.

Poyzin- Who? Would happily kill.

Giri- Who? Would happily kill. I enjoyed him talking like a pirate and I think he did a better job than I did.

Rag, I think you're missing that, if I use the ability that lets only me control the lynch

a) I prove that I am the dreaming god beyond a shadow of a doubt
b) I lock myself out of being able to choose it moving into lylo, which should be a really big reassurance to town and it cripples my ability to scumside quite as strongly

I'm caught up, massive townie vibes from Laur and Min so far. I think the confliction between Rubik and Sun and Laur all being at odds is pretty interesting, and since I'm town reading Laur I'm thinking he's onto something between Sun and Rubik. Here's the think though, iirc Sun voted Rubik and is apparently tunneling Rube. Out of these two, I find that the more scummy behaviour, so I'll vote there.

Vote: Sunfan

Alrighty, here's my mindset so far:

Funnier: Seems pretty active and aggressive so far. Some of his pushes are weird and are singling out really weird things from people's posts, so idk what to make of that, but overall I don't think he'd be doing all of that unless he is town. I mean, I know Min and him are at odds and they typically can read each other well, but I just don't see scum funnier being this insanely active and paranoid.

Laur: I really like his contributions, aside from the hiccup where he voted Ex, which was weird, I think he's legitimately scumhunting, and I like it.

Minish: She's definitely asking a lot of questions and being proactive, so I like that. So really it's a meta read I have from looking over her content.

Sunfan: He's one of the top posters, yet nothing of his posts stand out besides the pirate talking at the start, and then more recently his god awful vote on Ex for no reason and I hate it. Scum read, I am voting him, yeah.

Everyone else is null. Ex is maybe a Townlean but I need to re-evaluate him - he's def not scummy imo and the wagon that formed on him was super weird.

This is the extent of the work that SMS has put it. Its almost nothing. This is SMS's scum play; he has nothing to talk about and nothing to try and solve and he can't replicate his towniness when he isn't town

I could maybe do 4 town leans:

You
Jinjo
Ex
Johnny

I have to keep Rubik null at the moment, maybe in the next day phase I will be able to determine whether I should town read him or bump him down to a scum lean. Though ine thing I will say is that lately Rune hasn't been adding much to games besides one liners, and that's if he's even posting @funnier6. Usually he picks up as the game progresses, but if he doesn't then it's a concern. Just something to point out that I don't think has been touched on yet.

And I like to give the benefit of the doubt to lower posters which is why I won't scum read players like Deku, Giri, Dawningwinds, and Poy on D1, though they could just be low posting scum. The only player who I'm concerned about from this list, who's activity might be AI is Dawningwinds, I expected more from them. (DW is HumanDawn from Bulba, right?) If this is the same person I could end up scum reading them based on inactivity.

As I mentioned before I have nothing too strong on Killjoy, but I could possibly end up just town leaning him, because if he was scum, I think he'd be asking questions he has and voicing various concerns in a scum chat rather than in the thread.

That leaves Rag, who has posted quite a bit, and Kirino who hasn't been posting as much. From what Kirino has posted I remember it being really beefy wall posts, so from that I'm going to have to keep him null until I see a little more. I'll ISO Rag and address my thoughts on her in another post.

doesn't even explain his townreads here and elaborates on his nullreads
lol

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
funner6 - 3 (Morbid Minish, Killjoy, Mellow Ezlo)
The Sun Fan - 6 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, MixMasterLar, Ragnarokio, Johnny Sooshi, Kirino)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)
ExLight - 1 (naga10)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (The Sun Fan)

Not voting - Jinjo, DekuNut, DawningWinds, Poyzin, Giri

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, June 13th 2020 at 6:00 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom