• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Path to Great Temple

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
i hate this i keep getting hit off by blue bubble people and if i try to kill them my health goes so low i cant make it all the way without dieing every forced battle. i dont remember how i beat it last time. any tips. i have everything all the way leveled up and have gotten everything
edit well i got it so yeah but the game is super easy until them the bosses were like cake and the only hard enemies were the blue ironknuckles. Well for a second time through this i have to say it seemed harder, but what do you all think about the road to the great temple?

Last edited:
I think it is fairly easy. You just can't rush your way through the enemies you encounter. I don't find the enemies there to be all that hard, the only annoyance is getting knocked into the lava.

CZG

The road to the Great Palace, I thought, was harder than the Palace itself, which is just a bit of a maze. At least, the first time you play this game and the first few tries you go there. I thought the Desert Palace wasthe hardest place to go in this game. I love the challenging boss at that place.

You can continue from the start of the Great Palace if you choose 'continue' instead of 'save' and 'quit'. So maybe you only have to do this once? I always had trouble beating Dark Link with only three lives. So I made my way to the last palace many times.

You know there are battles on specific tiles, as well as those random battles... Try to move into that tile-specific battle, exactly when you get hit by a random enemy encounter, you'll end up in a random battle and you can skip the automatic encounters. The random battles are usually easier than the tiled ones, especially here at the end. Use this trick to skip lots of dangerous places with lava or water.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
This portion is probably one of the hardest in the entire game. Heck, hardest in the entire series really. However, it does get very repetitive. It really is just the same sequences over and over. With a bit of patience, and a lot of trial and error, this portion of the game can really become much easier than it first seems.

I think that the challenge that this portion of the game offers, as well as the Great Palace, is what really brings me back playing this game over and over. I do enjoy the game, and even after playing through it numerous times, it still gives me quite a challenge each time I play through.

This is what old NES games were all about. Challenging areas such as the path to the Great Palace. Seemingly ruthless enemies always around, and in an entire section of the game. Games were all about repetition and just learning each time you didn't make it through. This part of the game was no exception and I enjoyed it very much.

With a bit of patience, and a lot of trial and error, this portion of the game can really become much easier than it first seems.

The same can be said about the rest of the game really. When I first started playing it, I was extremely discouraged by its difficulty. Now, I have a better understanding of it (though I still have some problems). But I never thought that I would have been able to beat certain parts of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom