• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time PAL Version

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Being American, I usually only ever get a chance to play the NSTC release of games. I've played the original OoT on the N64 (NSTC), and I have the GCN version (also NSTC).

The other day, however, I decided to get OoT on a ROM to try out some Gameshark codes without risking damage to my system, and I accidentally downloaded the PAL version. I've always heard about how different games can be between regions, so instead of hacking it, I decided to try and play it through normally to see if it's any different than my NSTC version.

But so far... nothing. Other than a language selection when I booted it up (I chose English), the usual N64-to-GC differences (button color, ect.), and some textures screwing up (I believe this is an effect of faulty emulation and not a region difference), all the dialogue, graphics, everthing seems to be the same. Of course, I haven't gotten very far, but still.

Anyone who has played both versions, what differences are there, if there are any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom