• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
dafuq?

Just checking in, I'm a little busy with errands but I'll sit down tonight. As a preliminary comment though: I don't think Storm would continue to target me and bring more attention to this when it was initially brought up. It doesn't seem like a safe move as scum. However, if its a oneshot target and it does damage over time, then sure, I can see it being Storm.
I'll read the wiki later when I have time to sit down, but it was mentioned it could be a power from Widowmaker. Can someone do a solid and check how much health is usually taken off by her poison mine? I don't know how much I've lost so far, but it could help us determine how much we can potentially lose (or I can lose, in this case).

Also I have an idea for later, but that comes later, when I can think it through and see if nows the time.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So at the end of Day 1:
Storm: 121 damage

Start of Day 2:
Viral: 17 damage (Change: +17)
Storm: 78 damage (Change: -43)

It was noted by Libk that a turret attacked me. A turret attacked Tristan earlier too, so I believe my damage was from a turret, yet somehow Storm was healed (without pulling health from me).

14 hours later:
Viral: 25 damage (+8)
Storm: 32 damage (-46)

10 Hours later:
Viral: 33 damage (+8)
Storm: 0 damage (-32)

14 Hours later (though noted by Mod that it meant to be posted earlier):
Viral: 41 damage (+8)

The 10 and 14 hour intervals could just be when Libk has time to post this, rather than specific intervals for whatever is afflicting me.

I believe the entirety of the 17 damage on me was from the turret, and the rest of the 8 has just been from another attack. If I was targeted at night for this poison, it would have shown up when the day began, with the turret damage, but it showed up later, when the mafia noted that I had damage, so they probably decided to soften me up some more and then try to damage me at night. This means that Storm's healing and my damage, though manifesting themselves around the same time, are probably not related. Something is healing him overtime, and something is damaging me overtime.
Not saying he's not scum, he could be, but just saying that his heals and my damage are coincidental, rather than linked, especially because he gained more health than the damage I received.

It brings up the question, what did the Mafia do last night then? If I was hit by a poison mine today, and not last night, what did the Mafia do? All my damage can be traced to a turret attack (which is likely from a townie) and a mine attack (likely used during the day by mafia), Tristan had no further damage and Storm was healed. Sadly, I don't have a good answer for that.

I looked into Widowmaker, her poison mine seems to do 15 damage over 5 seconds according to the wiki (Here), and seeing as I've lost health 3 times, it'll chisel out 8 more health 2 more times from me (putting me at 57 damage if my math doesn't suck).

I'll need to think more on where we can take this, but that's most of what I got so far. Got a theory on Storm too, but not important right now, esp since he's away.

@Libk to be clear, I took 17 damage (from a turret) overnight, correct?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
@Libk to be clear, I took 17 damage (from a turret) overnight, correct?

It fired at the start of the day. That said

A loud shot is heard and Tristan has taken a shot for 87 damage, While Viral takes another 8

Viral: 43 damage
Tristan: 121 damage

Day ends at 1:30 AM ESTonTuesday August 16th

And before you ask, yes I did my math right on your damage, viral

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So, refocusing:
I think it's safe to say that Storm's healing is unrelated to Viral's damage. How many people are still willing to lynch him after that revelation and why?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And also, since Storm's gone for a few days, does anyone else have any suggestions for other people we could look at? As of now I myself have none.

Mido

Version 1
@Heroine of Time @Mido we haven't heard from you guys in a little while. Do you have any thoughts or ideas regarding the current goings-on and the changing damage values?

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. My mind's sort of been more focused on the other game at this time.

From what I'm catching, the poisoner concept as to what's eating at Viral appears plausible. The sporadic damages that are coming about do indicate one obvious thing: people are really starting to use their abilities. (As the abrupt attack on you helped indicate.)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
A loud shot is heard and Tristan has taken a shot for 87 damage, While Viral takes another 8

Does anyone know of any other Overwatch characters with poison or maybe some kinda DoT power? I'm asking because 87 seems a lot, and that also makes me think Widowmaker because snipers and high damage and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom