• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overclocking Thread

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Well, if you're referring to computers specifically, no my PC is not overclocked. I'm not all too familiar with computer technology, aside of knowing the standard terminology (RAM, CPU, all of the simple stuff). I'm more of an Android (mobile OS) geek.
I do currently have my Android phone (HTC Evo 4G modded to run Android 4.0.4) overclocked to 1.1 GHz. I also have my crappy-as-hell tablet (technically an e-reader... it's a Nook Color XD) that I modded Android 4.0 onto also overclocked to 1.1 GHz, because without overclocking it, it's basically too slow to use. :P

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I overclocked my last CPU, although one of my fans died and 3 days later.. poof, CPU burned. :rolleyes:
So I've been way to afraid to do it again, I'll most likely overclock both GPU & CPU once my new watercooling arrives. :D

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Did you continue to use your CPU after your fan had died? If so, it's surprising that the CPU held up for even 3 days. :O Heat sink fan failures are very dangerous.

Yeah, my fan went and I kept using my PC for 3 days. Although the most probable reason the CPU kept on going for 3 days is because I remember specifically from that week that I never used it for more then an hour then turning it off and I increased the power of my other fans (which was like living in a factory, the noise was unbearable). I suspect heat sink problems start showing after more than 3 hours.. ofc this depends on the strength of the other fans too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom