• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origins of the Hero of Hyrule? (NES Link)

Yes. However, some people believe that the age of 12 being the coming of age is just due to distortion of the legend of the Hero of Time as it was passed down.
Indeed, but if not for the amiibo which is a fairly recent addition(correct me if I'm wrong like if specific details were in the game, it's been awhile since I've played) the coming of age could be anywhere from 8 to 20.

Indeed, but if not for the amiibo which is a fairly recent addition(correct me if I'm wrong like if specific details were in the game, it's been awhile since I've played) the coming of age could be anywhere from 8 to 20.
That's true, but Toon Link looks fairly young; I think a cutoff number would be 12 (I WOULD say 10, since that's the age of the Hero of Hyrule in the original LoZ and he looks older than Tink, but the amiibo gives a fair description.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but in Hyrule Historia there's this little nugget in the margin of the timeline for LoZ:

LINK:
A young traveler. He encounters Impa while visiting Hyrule. It is thought that he may be the descendant of the Link who defeated Ganon and departed on a journey to continue his training during the Era of Light and Dark.

So, according to that, LoZ Link is likely to be a direct descendant of the Link from ALttP, Oracles, and LA. The last time we saw THAT Link was when he was clinging to a bit of wood in the middle of the ocean at the end of Link's Awakening. Perhaps his descendant is returning to his dad's/grandad's/great grandad's/etc. homeland of Hyrule after a long time?

Of course, this is all just speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom