• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Original Fire Temple Theme

First off, I apologize if this has been posted, or if it's too controversial.

I was browsing through some Zelda related articles, and I read about the original Fire Temple theme from LoZ: OoT being cut from later versions because the chanting parts of it sounded too much like Islamic chanting/prayers. Out of curiosity, I went on YouTube and listened to it, and I honestly believe it's better than the newer version. The chanting is a little creepy at first, but once you listen to it a few times, it starts to grow on you.

So I was wondering. What's ZD's views on this piece of music?

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I love it .. it fits perfectly with the temple itself. Apparently on the Master Quest they replaced the original music with a different music, as well as changed the design on the Mirror Shield for a similar reason. I haven't seen or played the MQ version, so I don't know how it's different .. I just know that it is, lol.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Yeah, the original Fire Temple music is really cool, but I think the Muslim population was offended by it, or something along those lines. The Mirror Shield in MQ is the same deal, the original Mirror Shield design was too closely related to a Muslim religious symbol, and they decided to change it. Here's the two shields for those who don't know the difference

MirrorShieldG.png MirrorShieldOoTMQ.jpg

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I like the music, for me thats the most memerable part of the temple. I love the creepy, eirie feeling of it.

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
I don't how it could be controversial I like it and I know you would not even hear the song that well due to sound effects, the battle music changing, and going to the main menu. People just want to cry over something small just like a mirror shield which I barely used.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
We should respect other peoples feeling...

So, Nintendo make the best decision to removed that things....

Last edited:
S

ShadowLinkx

Heres what I don't get, I heard the original so many times and it does sound like prayer/chanting but what other sites say is that you can hear the word "Allah" at one point which is probably why they'd derive it as "Islamic chanting" but where in the song is that? Its just so muffled in there... Maybe I'm alittle deaf or I can't make out the chanting

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The fire temple song is very cool. It's really mysterious and I like the chanting in the background. Hope that's song will b in OoT 3DS!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I don't like the Fire Temple music so much, I can't explain it but I just don't. It was cool at first and I enjoyed playing the origional OoT without that change.

The mirror shield probably never would have been a problem if it wasn't for that star and maybe if the shape of the moon was a little different.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
The original sounded good at the beginning but then when the chanting came it didn't seem like it would fit the game at all.

Edit: Never mind the orignal sounds better. After listening to the one thats in the game right now it seems they stole some of the shadow temples music......

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm pretty much the only person out there than hates the original. There's something about the chanting that I don't like. Perhaps it stems from when I first heard it when I was like 13 and it gave me nightmares. The music legitimately scared me. I think the re-done is much more fitting for the temple and it's quite a bit less creepy - although, it's sitll probably the creepiest music in the game, IMO.

Young Link

Grasshopper
Heres what I don't get, I heard the original so many times and it does sound like prayer/chanting but what other sites say is that you can hear the word "Allah" at one point which is probably why they'd derive it as "Islamic chanting" but where in the song is that? Its just so muffled in there... Maybe I'm alittle deaf or I can't make out the chanting

"Allah" is at the end of each chant. You have to listen closley.:D Anyways, I like the orignial much better. I hated it when they took the old one out and replaced it.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I really liked it, even though I have only listened to it a few times (now!). Anyways, it would be a perfect feeling. I like the parts where the percussion would stp, and all that would be there was the "wind sound" and the voices are there.

I think it sets the perfect mood for the temple. It gave me a pretty good feeling of the temple. Eerie, complecated, and for he gorons, downright scary. Did you see how they were trembling? Anyways, I thought the best quality of the music was the fact that it made me a little nervous. To me, that's an AMAZING quality for the fire temple.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
The original sounds a lot better for the nost part. As for the shield...well, i looked cool originally...maybe it will come back in the original form for the 3DS version...who knows. Also, does anyone remeber how they changed the colour of Ganondorf's blood afer the ollectors edition release from red to green? Just another old thing that was changed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom