• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Onox and how he relates.

This will be a quick one, and it is more that I want theories posted here, because I don't have one. This is about two things that are in legends of zelda. Majora's mask Iron knuckle and Onox general of darkness. Just look up the artwork of the two. They look almost exactly alike! Can someone post a theory? I would really enjoy seeing what zelda dungeon thinks about this!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well it's pretty clear he resembles an Iron Knuckle from OoT. Iron Knuckles according to Hyrule Historia are just brainwashed Gerudo in armor. Onox isn't a Gerudo though, he is a dragon that Twinrova summoned from the Dark World. It's likely he just took inspiration from Iron Knuckle design to manifest in a human-like form. There really isn't a theory to be made here though other than drawing the obvious comparisons.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Iron Knuckles according to Hyrule Historia are just brainwashed Gerudo in armor.
Iron Knuckles predate OoT, however, and thus the Gerudo tribe as well. I don't know what an Iron Knuckle is supposed to be in general throughout the series. But they always take the form of heavy armored knights. Whether or not brainwashing is common among Iron Knuckles is up for speculation, but in some ways they resemble golems from Hebrew mythology.

Golems are like the fantasy version of robots. They're inanimate objects made of wood or clay or sometimes bronze or iron brought to life with magic, sometimes said to be inhabited by a spirit, soul or demon.

It could be that Twinrova summoned Onox into the form of an Iron Knuckle the same way they brainwashed Gerudo into inhabiting them.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Iron Knuckles predate OoT, however, and thus the Gerudo tribe as well.
This is true, but besides Ocarina of Time, they were only in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, where their origins are just as regular knights chosen by the King of Hyrule to guard Palaces (which sucks for Link because, ya know, they attack him because it's their duty. Maybe they are corrupted by Ganon? It's really a toss up when it comes to lore in the early games). In any case, the Ocarina of Time interpretation seems to have remained what they have stuck with, as we haven't seen Iron Knuckles since Majora's Mask.

But I Guess the gerudo theory might be correct for Oot and Majora's mask, because when you destroy the armor, you can see a female underneath. (Lol. Just had a funny thought. what if onox is secretly a female!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom