• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One-Off Games That Need Sequels.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Eh, I mentioned it in the SB, but it'd be nice to see a Tomodachi Life sequel. I spent way too many hours on the original and would love to see Nintendo expand on it.

And ARMS. I never bought the original, but I think it’s worthy of a sequel with more characters and stages.

Last edited:
The World Ends With You. Such a fantastic, unique game. They've been teasing a sequel for like a decade now, but they need to just make the sequel. There's an Anime adaptation coming, so it at least means they're still interested in the IP. They've already let enough time pass that a true sequel isn't really possible, because the entire game was built around the DS hardware. They can continue the story and/or the universe, but the gameplay can't be recaptured now. Everyone at Square-Enix needs a slap upside the head for not making another one on the 3DS.

Also gonna go with Psychonauts. Even though it has a confirmed sequel, it feels like it's no closer to releasing than when it was announced. The original was excellent. Hopefully Mario Odyssey, Crash, and Spyro have established that 3D platformers are still a fun genre and the sequel does well. Rhombus of Ruin doesn't count for no reason other than I don't have VR and so I can't play it, so it's still a one off...Okay, not really but still.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy. A great Zelda-like game from the gen 6 era that had an ending that left the possibility of a sequel open, but it never happened. For more details check out my blog, or look for my editorial on the ZD frontpage in the slider at the top of the page, I think this is a game every Zelda fan would enjoy.

my answers are Billy Hatcher, The Last Story, and Legend of Dragoon, I enjoyed these games a lot and want to see more of them
Billy Hatcher would need some serious polish to iron out the glitches. I'd play it though.

100% down for an Astral Chain sequel. A Pokemon Conquest sequel would be pretty cool given how much has been updated since the original came out. I'd honestly take a Hyrule Warriors sequel given how good that game was & now we can get some of BOTW's champions involved.

Pokemon Snap was always high on my sequel wishlist but since it's being done, just gotta wait :party:.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1595612025694.png

This guy right here.

This RPG kind of fell through the cracks upon release. If you're heard of Obsidian, best known for their development of gems like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Outer Worlds, Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, and Southpark: The Stick of Truth. They produce some of the best RPGs in the industry, rivaled only by Bioware at its peak and Larian Studios.

Alpha Protocol is essentially James Bond/Jason Bourne: The RPG. It's a game espionage where you sneak around, choke people, seduce women, and shut down international terrorist cells. Where games like Mass Effect claimed that your choices would have some sort of long-term effect on the story, Alpha Protocol delivered.

Unfortunately, it old poorly. Though well-received, it did not sell well enough to merit a sequel, and Sega has sat on the property ever since. In the years that followed, it became a cult classic whose status was only heightened by Sega removing the ability to buy the game from Steam (over some expired music rights of all things).

Alpha Protocol is genuinely one of my favorite games, and absolutely worth picking up if you have the opportunity. Though removed from Steam, physical PC copies don't require it for installation, so it's still very available to buy.

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
After having completed it recently, The Talos Principle 2 would really vibe with me. That concept has TONS of potential.

Astral Chain 2 is, as mentioned above, another great pick. There was so much potential in that game, it could be really fleshed out.

ARMS 2 of course.

I would also be cautiously curious about Celeste 2. Feels like Madeline could go on new exciting adventures.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
It hasn't been out too long (relatively), but I'm definitely hoping A Hat in Time gets a sequel. I feel like there is a lot of potential for future games and I'd love to see where a sequel takes things.

As well, another game that comes to mind is L.A. Noire. I loved that game, and I'm kinda sad we never did get another game like it from Rockstar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom