• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old or New? - Poll

Old or New?

• Old- Gold, Silver, Crystal, Red, Blue, Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New- Black, White, Pearl, Diamond, Platnium.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P

piraka12

i like all the pokemon games but black and white pokemon i don't really like diamond and pearl got great pokemon but i didn't like the plot so i have too choose old here

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I choose the old. Even though I like some of the new Pokemon, and the gameplay of it I just don't feel so attached to the newer Pokemon in generation 4 and 5. They seem like tacky unimaginative additions to the series and between generation 4 and 5 have introduced way too many legendaries for my personal preference.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
New, because Nostalgia Goggles blind people from seeing how dreadfully awful 1st Gen Pokemon are.

While I do like the Gen I and II Pokemon because I remember them fondly, I only like a handful of the newer guys that rolled in from Generation III. Gen IV basically added in a few cooler guys, and tried to expand on the Gen I and II Pokemon that didn't have evolutions, and a good 5 or so guys from Generation V are likable. I'm probably just an older gamer that likes the older Pokemon, but I just feel like some of the newer Pokemon aren't genuine enough.

While I do like the Gen I and II Pokemon because I remember them fondly, I only like a handful of the newer guys that rolled in from Generation III. Gen IV basically added in a few cooler guys, and tried to expand on the Gen I and II Pokemon that didn't have evolutions, and a good 5 or so guys from Generation V are likable. I'm probably just an older gamer that likes the older Pokemon, but I just feel like some of the newer Pokemon aren't genuine enough.

The Generation V Pokemon are no worse than the older Pokemon. I swear, if Gen V was Gen I and were switched people would be complaining that the Gen I Pokemon are uncreative and awful.

A good amount of Gen I Pokemon can be labeled as uncreative:

Grimer and Muk are piles of sludge.
Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot could be freaking birds in the real world and nobody would know the difference.
Same goes for Ratata, that thing is just a rat.
90% of the bug Pokemon aren't creative.
Magnemite, Magneton, Koffing, Weezing, Diglett, Dugtrio, Doduo, and Dotrio are multiple versions of their former evolution.
Ekans, Meowth, Persian, Sandshrew, Dratini, Dragonair, etc. etc. etc.

Seriously, I like these Pokemon as much as the next guy, but if people try to insult the newer Pokemon and call these superior, there's something wrong here.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
For Pokemon in general, definitely the old. It's what I remember most as a kid. However, I didn't play any of the games as a kid, so I only have new games. ^^

Eh...anything PAST gen I is good for me. Gen I had a lot of mistakes that seem to get overlooked. It's almost like the game was incomplete!

Old, back in red and blue you never had to worry about abilities and stuff so it was a lot less annoying since you didn't get static to paralize you or poison point to poison you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom