• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Odolwa's Chant

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
We all know Odolwa's chant makes no sense, but a friend of mine (UndyingNephalim) looked in a mayan dictionary and found some stuff that sounds similar to his chant. Chant:K'iinam took ool! K'iinam took ool!" "Tookik taali! Tookik taal!" "A'alik beora! A'alik beora!"

Translation: "Head will ache and burn. Head will ache and burn. Come burn. Come burn. Dance now. Dance now."

All opinions are appreciated.

http://www.mostlymaya.com/EnglishMayan.html Link to mayan dictionary

Last edited by a moderator:

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
That surprisingly makes a lot of sense given the context of the battle. How did your friend figure out what he was saying?

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
I have no clue, he probably studied the language a bit or looked at the dictionary, then he matched the sound to the word or something.

Beeker

Wild Card
Huh. That seems quite fitting to Odolwa's character. I always wondered why he would chant, and if those chants meant something. Turns out they do. Great find here!

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
Thanks guys. As to my thread(s) being moved, I can understand this, but the Iron Knuckle thread was obviously about a theory, thus it was put in zelda theory section. Couldn't find my thread for the past while.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom