• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time 3D - Did Anyone else Have Trouble with the Increased Frame Rate?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm currently at end game (final boss, about to fight him right now as matter of fact) but get this, I got killed by the final boss. How is that even possible, with OoT's final boss arguably being the easiest? Well, my problem is that the frame rate is so much faster than the original. It throws me off.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I personally couldn't tell any difference in frame rate, probably because I never pay attention to it. So no, I did not have any trouble with the increased frame rate.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't see how this could be an issue. The shield is Ganon's bane. Unless you weren't using a shield, which, even then, I can't understand why you'd have trouble. My reaction time only enhanced due to the increased frame rate. OoT 3D was quite a bit easier than the original OoT for me as a result.

I will tell you then one thing that gave me trouble. Since you can move the view by waving the DS around (Can you turn this off?), I had trouble against Bongo Bongo. Navi is useless with Z-Target cause the hands are moving and you are bouncing everywhere. So without using Navi, I aim myself, but obviously my hands are shaking a bit so there is movement to the DS, meaning movement to the view. So I was shooting arrows all over the place. I had small issues in other areas of the game but the Bongo Bongo fight was the most serious and a huge change, cause I thought Bongo Bongo was the easiest boss of all the adult temples BY FAR in regular OoT.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I will tell you then one thing that gave me trouble. Since you can move the view by waving the DS around (Can you turn this off?), I had trouble against Bongo Bongo. Navi is useless with Z-Target cause the hands are moving and you are bouncing everywhere. So without using Navi, I aim myself, but obviously my hands are shaking a bit so there is movement to the DS, meaning movement to the view. So I was shooting arrows all over the place. I had small issues in other areas of the game but the Bongo Bongo fight was the most serious and a huge change, cause I thought Bongo Bongo was the easiest boss of all the adult temples BY FAR in regular OoT.

Yes, you can turn this off. Under settings, you can turn on or off the gyroscope at your will (I believe this option is in the same place where you can decide whether you want an inverted y-axis or not).

Last edited:
Yes, you can turn this off. Under settings, you can turn on or off the gyroscope at your will (I believe this option is in the same place where you can decide whether you can an inverted y-axis or not).

Good to know. Maybe I will go back and give Bongo Bongo a piece of my mind with those settings off.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I didnt notice the diffrence at all, i had the same ease beating ganon on the 3ds as the original, i really woudnt have noticed unless you mentionend it. I would think you lost because of sheer luck.

I didnt have any trouble with it. But I did notice the increased frame rate in the Ganondorf fight. Otherwise I didnt notice it the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom