• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Trademarks 'Fish with a Human Face' Game

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
There have been rumours before about a revival to the virtual pet videogame Seaman for some time now. The game, originally released on the SEGA Dreamcast, had you be the owner of a new 'Seaman' pet, a species which can quite easily be described as being a fish with a human's face. The face was actually that of Seaman's producer, Yoot Saito. A weird concept, but the game still managed to get substantial recognition and it became the third best-selling Dreamcast game of the region. A sequel was also released for the Playstation 2. Non-surprisingly, the game has popped up on many 'Weirdest Games Ever' lists, but has remained un-touched since the commercial failure of the sequel.

I haven't seen much demand, but Nintendo may be aiding Saito in bringing back this series, which I know will have many throwing up their arms and celebrating. The two trademarks which the gaming giant has registered in Japan are:

• Mysterious Pet: Legend of the Fish With A Human Face
  • Mysterious Partner: Legend of the Fish With A Human Face in Japan.
Those sure are quite the mouthful. Yoot Saito has worked with Nintendo before in recent years and continues to design the weird and wonderful videogames, and it could be that we'll be getting Seaman 3, for the rumour of the Seaman revival has been making its rounds for quite some time, with these trademarks perhaps pointing their way to at least a spiritual successor to the title.

Esuteru, via Siliconera, NeoGAF

So, weird? Anyone at all interested in the concept of owning a pet which is a fish with a human face? Is this something you've been waiting for, and the game the Wii U needs to get itself off the ground? Not bothered? Drop a comment!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
To be honest, I doubt it's gonna help the Wii U but it could be a fun cameo in Zelda/Mario games, the pics from it on the Dreamcast are hilarious :)

8430-550x-seaman.jpg

I want one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom