• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo theme park ideas

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Not too long ago Universal Studios announced that it was going to add rides to its parks based on popular Nintendo characters. It's still a ways off, but the idea of a Nintendo theme park is just too good to be true.

So, what Nintendo games would you want to see turned into a theme park ride?

D

Deleted member 14134

I wasn't a huge fan of wind waker but a waker based ride with the seats shaped like the king of red whatever would be cool.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
They need to create an exact replica of Donkey Kong Country's Mine Cart Carnage. You actually get shot out of a barrel to the ride and you actually get thrown off the tracks to the new set and you all actually jump the gators coming for you. EXACT REPLICA.

PS. When you should be collecting bananas they just have bananas fall on you in the cart.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Of course Mario Kart race karts is obvious number one, but a roller coaster of Mine Cart Carnage is something I've thought of as well (though I would prefer it wasn't an exact replica).

And that Big Blue water slide would be genius.

I think one of those 3D video rides (like Terminator 2: The Ride) with a Fatal Frame theme would be crap-your-pants awesome.

I think a Xenoblade Mechonis/Bionis Dueling Titans ride would be cool. Two different coasters, a la Twin Dragons (I forgot if that's Busch Gardens, Six Flags, or Islands of Adventure).

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I say a Kirby ride where the carts are his star. Maybe something like those mouse roller-coasters that have really sharp turns and single carts.

And a Zelda loftwing ride.

A giant, really long Pokemon ride that somehow incorporates every Pokemon.

And an indoor Super Mario Galaxy ride like Disney World's Space Mountain. That'd be good.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Universal is farther along in their construction than people think. I was there last November, and there were a *lot* of unnamed motion ride areas under construction.

The only problem is, I have to wonder....most of those motion rides are half-ride half-show. Nintendo's biggest games are known for their lack of voice acting...how the heck are they going to pull this off?

I could think of a few things. A Loftwing-themed roller-coaster would make sense. Mario Kart *something* has been pointed out numerous times. Maybe a Pokémon-themed motion ride? I could see them possibly doing that.

Star Fox I believe is a given for a motion ride. It's got all the necessities: humor, barrel rolls....VOICE ACTING!!!! Heck, maybe the new Kid Icarus could provide some material in there as well.

But even though it looks like a tough job, I have every reason to believe that Universal can pull it off. The whole place was an explorable maze of fun.

Why? Well... This is going to sound weird, but I remember being a little kid, going to Disneyland, and being horribly disappointed that the big castle was little more than a cheap front. You could *sort of* go in it, but all you got for your trouble was a bunch of 2-inch high animatronic Sleeping Beauty characters that were falling apart from age. Lame. Went to Disneyworld long, loooong after, thinking of those commercials of the great big Cinderella Castle. Well, okay, there's actually a restaurant in it. But it's still tiny. It's not something you can explore.

So last fall when I went to Universal and saw the Hogwarts castle ride...well, simply put, I wish this had been here when I was a little kid, because I sure felt like one! Just in the queue I was visiting numerous locations from Hogwarts in the movies (we joked about being sent to the principal's office when we went past Dumbledore's gargoyle), all in stunning (often hilarious) detail. There was more fun in the queue than there was in the ride (not to discount the ride), and it was fun feeling like you were getting a chance to explore the real thing. (Even knowing it was pretend.) Gringott's felt like a massive encore, and was just as enormous in its detail.

And not just the rides. There's a lot of nifty stuff to look for and do all over the place. I have this mental image of getting randomly told of by Resetti for accidentally wandering into the wrong area.

I was really skeptical about the park. And it floored me. I go in this kind of stuff with low expectations. But I believe that Universal at least has the *ability* to pull it off and do it right. They know how to think big on this sort of thing.

I say a Kirby ride where the carts are his star. Maybe something like those mouse roller-coasters that have really sharp turns and single carts.

And a Zelda loftwing ride.

A giant, really long Pokemon ride that somehow incorporates every Pokemon.

And an indoor Super Mario Galaxy ride like Disney World's Space Mountain. That'd be good.

No to that kinda Kirby ride. I hate wild mouse coasters. They can really mess you up.

Let's see

Mario Kart Racers-pick your kart and race your friends!

Pokémon Snap-you go in and take pictures with your camera with several animatronic pokemon from each region on a slow moving mine ride.

DKC Jungle Walk-take a walk through a scenic jungle area with statues and animatronics from the DKC series, rickety bridges, rushing waterfalls and the tallest trees. Gotta have Cranky there to scold the young'uns

Link's Loftwing-like the Dumbo rides at Disneyland for the little kids?

Grand Splatoon Tournament-nail your friends in the most awesome paint ball war in history!

F-Zero-twist and turn on this thrilling, high speed, twin racing coaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom