• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nintendo Power November 2011

Vibed

must read before he posts
One gimmick for each area keeps the game feeling fresh. If used over and over again, it gets boring.
Yeah, but I said it probably hasn't reached it's full potential, so it wouldn't be boring yet. It's like saying the 1:1 sword control would get boring if used more than once.

Vibed

must read before he posts
just wanted to know, were any other games mentioned? I'm pretty sure it wont just cover Skyward sword.

Of course, I have it right here. The main articles include a preview of Mario Kart 7, A retrospective on the Gamecube and it's top games, an interview with Randy Pitchford, and a review of Super Mario 3D Land.

Why was there something you wanted to know?

Night Owl

~Momentai
That's a bit different. If the game is designed around it, especially something as legit as the Wii Motion Plus, it won't get old. Small gimmicks that take advantage of it would.
In one of the Iwata asks they said that the Silent realm was designed like a game of tag, how the better you know the area the better you'll be. and the fact it plays of the stamina meter. It could easily take place in any area and each time would be different because the terrain is different. I don't see how it could get old if its different each time.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For the most part the article was only talking about Faron Woods.

ONM said it's done a few times in the game.

In one of the Iwata asks they said that the Silent realm was designed like a game of tag, how the better you know the area the better you'll be. and the fact it plays of the stamina meter. It could easily take place in any area and each time would be different because the terrain is different. I don't see how it could get old if its different each time.

This is an instance where that specific realm is built around this idea. The point of the Silent Realm is to collect the Tears of Forore for whatever reason. Even if it's visited in different areas makes no difference. Changing the formula up each time it's visited would make no sense. Also, take notice that most of the game takes place outside of the Silent Realm. It's not like the whole game is built around this "game of tag" concept.

Last edited:
Hmm, can you link me where ONM says it's done more than once? And did they at least mention if it gets redundant?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hmm, can you link me where ONM says it's done more than once? And did they at least mention if it gets redundant?

They said it in a Q&A article.

You visit the Silent Realm a handful of times, and not for very long. It's essentially a "dark" version of a small area of Hyrule, around which 18 collectible orbs have been placed. Each orb grants you 90 seconds of immunity from three hulking great guardians - if your immunity expires, they wake up and chase you around.

It's actually quite scary as a single attack from a guardian forces you to start all over again. The trick is to collect the orbs in the correct order, so that you remain immune throughout the whole thing. Is it any good? It stressed me out a bit, to be honest, but was incredibly satisfying to complete.

Eh, I'm just worried about those sections being a walk in the park. Game Informer or somewhere said they completed it in ONE try, that doesn't sound very suspenseful or frightening to me.

Game Informer was also talking about the first time through the Silent Realm. The Zelda Team probably wants us to get familiar with the concept before cranking up the difficulty.

I don't even care about difficulty in games for the most part. If something is interesting, then ok it can be easy. But if I'm traveling to an area again through backtracking.. there HAS to be some interesting reason why I'm doing it. Hopefully finding the "correct" path to collect the tears is interesting and something that makes me say "Wow, I'd have never thought to use this route before."

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Of course, I have it right here. The main articles include a preview of Mario Kart 7, A retrospective on the Gamecube and it's top games, an interview with Randy Pitchford, and a review of Super Mario 3D Land.

Why was there something you wanted to know?

Not really , just curious. although I was expecting something on Pokémon rumble blast. still i've got all the info I need in that field.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Well i'm not quite sure myself , I just read anything about stuff I like, even if I know everything mentioned. It's a little strange. still i'm looking forward to the British release of the game , then I can get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom