• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nintendo Power November 2011

Night Owl

~Momentai
I just got my November issue today. it has a brief preview article. The review will be out next months issue.
Pics and details to follow soon.

Edit: Sorry about no Pics after fighting the upload system for over an hour and losing I have given up on it.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
There isn't too much new stuff. Since it was mostly about Faron Woods Here is what I've learned that is new:

You get the beetle in Skyview temple.

You return later to find tougher enemies (blue bokobolins instead of red)

You enter the Silent Realm when you return later. You have to find 15 Tears of Farore and escape to the exit. there is Waking Water(which alerts the guardians upon entering.)

If you survive the silent realm you receive a Water Dragon Scale, which allows link to swim.

The Water Dragon is the region's protector.

The boss of the ancient cistern is activated by Ghirahim.

The clown's name is Dodoh, he runs a mini game in which he launches you high in the air and you attempt to collect rupees by falling through multipliers and land on the spinning platform below. He claims to have a special prize.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
You enter the Silent Realm the second time through. You have to find 15 Tears of Farore and escape to the exit. there is Waking Water(which alerts the guardians upon entering.)

Looks like we'll have to do this a number of times. I'd say one sequence per province, which would tally up to 3, since there likely is a guardian protecting each realm. Then after collecting each Scale, your earrings probably change color, depending on what abilities you're upgraded to.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Looks like we'll have to do this a number of times. I'd say one sequence per province, which would tally up to 3, since there likely is a guardian protecting each realm. Then after collecting each Scale, your earrings probably change color, depending on what abilities you're upgraded to.
For the most part the article was only talking about Faron Woods.

I'd like to think the article is implying that my theory is correct: we see the Silent Realm only in Faron Woods.

Another reason I'm still holding this theory is because of Eldin Volcano's section where your items are stolen. That is going to serve the same purpose as the Silent Realm, except with boboklins that you must avoid.

Would that really make sense to have the Silent realm in only one province though? With a realm wouldn't it be an overlying world over the one that is normally existed in? I think there'll be more silent realms than just Faron Woods, unless we have to make several trips in the Silent Realm in Faron Woods alone. Something I've noticed with Zelda is that they typically don't do overlaying worlds for just one time use. I think that each area we'll have to go into the Silent Realm for something.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Here is a word for word text copy of the preview article found on pages 38 and 39 of Nintendo Power issue 273.
THE LEGEND OF
ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD

Over land and sea and air, Link and Zelda are there.

By the time sread this issue, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be just about ready to land in stores, allowing players to embark on the biggest Legend of Zelda adventure ever created. But before put the game through its paces with a review next issue (spoiler alert: we're probably going to say its really good), we decided to take one more detailed look at the vast world that link will get to explore.

This time out, we ventured to Faron Woods, a beautifully forested area that Nintendo unveiled as a playable work in progress back at the 2010 Electronics Entertainment Expo. Now, as then, the region is home to massive trees and magnificent giant mushrooms, as well as dangerous foes such as man-eating plants and those nasty sword wielding Bokoblins. But the woods are also host to (usually) small creatures known as Kikwis. These fuzzy fellows are pretty timid, but they're willing to help Link on his mission to find Zelda- as long as he helps them first. To earn the Kikwis trust, you'll have to track down the missing members of their tribe. Fortunately, by using the Goddess Sword's "dowsing" ability (used in first-person view), you're able to pinpoint their locations.

After helping the Kikwis and earning the slingshot, you're able to journey deeper into the woods and visit Skyview Temple. This ancient structure is crumbling and full of Skulltulas (among other threats), but by acquiring the flying drone known as the Beetle you'll be able to reach the lowest level of the dungeon and come face to face with Ghirahim, the Skyward Sword's main villain.

Much later in the game you'll return to Faron Woods, but its dangers will have grown considerably. Not only are the enemies tougher - stronger blue Bokoblins replace the red ones- but you'll have to overcome a trial that requires you to enter a world called the Silent Realm (referred to as the Siren Realm at this year's E3). Though it occupies the same physical space as the regular Faron Woods, the Silent Realm version is much deadlier. You can't use your sword or any other items, and the area is patrolled by Guardians - foes so fierce that they will defeat you with a single blow. Fortunately, every time you acquire an object called a Tear of Farore, the Guardians become passive for 90 seconds. Your goal is to find 15 tears and escape to the exit without being found and defeated, but there are numerous forces working against you, including Waking Water (which alerts the Guardians if you step in it) and enemies that act as searchlights. but make no mistake - the Silent realm isn't about sneaking around. It's about mastering the terrain and using your speed and agility to get the job done quickly.

If you survive the Silent Realm, you'll earn a sacred artifact called the Water Dragon's Scale. This item lets Link dive and swim freely underwater; while in a body of water, simply press A to submerge,then point the Wii Remote Plus to move in whatever direction you want. You can also shake the Nunchuck to perform a spin move, which can smash through enemies and obstacles, and can even be used to launch Link out of the water and over objects. Such underwater mobility comes in especially useful when you reach Lake Floria, located south of Faron Woods. Here, you'll encounter the squidlike Parella Tribe and learn that the region's protector, the Water Dragon, has been injured. Once you've helped heal her wounds (which requires a trip back to Skyview Temple), the Water Dragon aids you by granting you access to another dungeon: the Ancient Cistern.

Clean, beautiful, and possessing a distinct Asian motif, the Ancient Cistern is full of underwater passages, and it's where you'll add the whip to Link's arsenal. The whip can be used in a number of ways - you can swing from objects, you can grab (and activate) levers and switches, you can pull enemies out of the sky, and in one instance you can even snag a key out of a foe's grasp. At the end of the dungeon you'll face one of the coolest Zelda bosses we've encountered: a six-armed statue that's been brought to life by Ghirahim's magic. The boss changes forms and attack patterns several times during the fight - it even raises the undead- and you'll have to finish it off by using its own weapons against it.

But don't think that Skyward Sword is nothing but nonstop quests and combat. Like all Zelda games, there are plenty of things to do to take a break from the action. On one of the floating islands near Link's hometown of Skyloft, for example, you'll encounter a clown by the name of Dodoh; he runs a minigame, in which you launch high in the air, then attempt to earn rupees by passing through score multipliers and landing on a small colored square on a huge spinning wheel. If you pass through all five multipliers and land on the 50-rupee space (not easy to do!), Dodoh promises a special prize. Such diversions only add to the list of reasons why the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be the must-play Wii game of the year.-Chris H.

Hmmm. "Tears of Farore"... Thats an interesting choice of name. It also seems to add credibility to the claim that we only visit the Silent Realm in Faron. But that still doesn't make much sense to me. It'd be such a waste to only use the idea in one area....

Night Owl

~Momentai
Why would there be so much focus on a gimmick that would only appear once in the game. i'm thinking that the silent realm will be the equivalent of darkworld....Maybe we will get an item so we may use our weapons in the silent realm. just some food for thought

Why would there be so much focus on a gimmick that would only appear once in the game. i'm thinking that the silent realm will be the equivalent of darkworld....Maybe we will get an item so we may use our weapons in the silent realm. just some food for thought

Again, why NOT have a one time gimmick if it's only as interesting as one area will allow? Look at SMG2. That game is all about one-time gimmicks that wouldn't be very fun to repeat over and over. Great example is the light bulb Yoshi level.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Again, why NOT have a one time gimmick if it's only as interesting as one area will allow? Look at SMG2. That game is all about one-time gimmicks that wouldn't be very fun to repeat over and over. Great example is the light bulb Yoshi level.

Because it has so much more potential than many of SMG2's one time gimmicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom