• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nintendo Power Article Reveals New Info!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well if Fi is the spirit of the Goddess Sword, would that mean she was created by the Goddess as well ? Maybe she has some special connections with said goddess ?
[noparse]:Zelda:Druggie:[/noparse], read this part from the article:
5. WHO IS FI?
After being separated from Zelda, Link wakes up in bed, thankfully rescued by his Loftwing. However, Link hears some commotion in the hall outside, and when he leaves his room, he sees the mysterious floating figure of a woman. When Link pursues her, she leads him on a chase all over Skyloft that ends at the goddess statue. There we find out Fi is a spirit that resides in a mystical blade called the Goddess Sword, and that she considers Link her new master. Created by the goddess herself, Fi is full of knowledge that will help Link fulfill his destiny.

Fi was created by the goddess, and because of this, Fi's full of knowledge.

Yes, it most certainly is, as well as that Lyre is the one Zelda has.
Then that leads into... who does Zelda end up with the Goddess's Lyre? And will Link be able to use the Goddess Sword?

(Maybe, just maybe, the Goddess Sword is the Master Sword? Maybe they're the same blade; same weapon.)

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Oops, forgot about that part xD Hmm . . . this makes me wonder the reason for Fi's creation in the first place O.O
Yeah, that makes me wonder to. I've actually been brainstorming ideas about this since I read (and typed) the article. Maybe Fi was created by the goddess because she knew of Link's destiny and knew that he couldn't do it alone. Or maybe the goddess created Fi because she wanted the Goddess Sword to stay completely evil-free.

I don't know, I'm running out of ideas! XD

Last edited:
Well if the Goddess Sword eventually becomes the Master Sword, the whole idea of destiny would certainly tie into this. If Fi is created with the Goddess Sword, and she is ultimately the spirit that resides within the Master Sword, which as we all know is the oh so important blade of evil's bane (killing ganon so many times), then perhaps the Goddess did not only foresee the events of SS, but she foresaw the events that would take place throughout the long history of Hyrule including the rise of Ganon and other evils. OR maybe something happened before SS that would lead the Goddess to think in order to stop this from happening again, I'll create the Goddess Sword, for all we know maybe this Goddess created Link's destiny and the whole idea of a hero appearing in Hyrule's many times of need in the first place? Oh God I'm looking way too into this xD

Last edited:
The Goddess Sword is the official name of the Skyward Sword, which eventually becomes the Master Sword.

Big Octo

=^)
Wow, Zeldahuman's post summed it up for me, for now. With all this info collaborated into a single post, I can go by easy.

Good job. :yes:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
This is great! That's certainly a great deal of information - some of which we already knew, but it's nice to see it in respect to new things. I wonder if the other provinces from TP will make it in. It would seem odd to only have one province, after all. With the ability to break/move houesolh items, I wonder if it will be in like WW, or if there will be even moroe that you can do. I always liked knocking the plates and mugs over. :P
I have to say now, if no new information comes out before the game is released, I would be content.

I'm getting really excited for Skyward Sword now, but will the main villian really be a giant worm with sharp teeth?? :(

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I thought I'd throw this in the mix:

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20110928071944691.jpeg

I believe that guy in the golden hero's garb is Pipin, or something like that. A graduate of the Knight's Academy from previous years. The hero's garb is what the graduates wear, with each year corresponding to a colour.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I thought I'd throw this in the mix:

View attachment 18077

I believe that guy in the golden hero's garb is Pipin, or something like that. A graduate of the Knight's Academy from previous years. The hero's garb is what the graduates wear, with each year corresponding to a colour.
His name is Pipit. He's a senior, not a graduate yet, and yes, every year does have a different color. That's why Pipit has Godlen Garb, the man in the background (who I assume is Fledge) is wearing Orange Garb, and Link has Green Garb. I like how Nintendo implemented that.

Also, here's a better picture:
i_31010.jpg

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Goddess Sword is the official name of the Skyward Sword, which eventually becomes the Master Sword.

I'm actually guessing that it's called the Goddess Sword at first, but becomes the Skyward Sword when Fi enters it. As far as the events after that, I say it will slowly become the Master Swordby taking on its shape throughout the game (which is Fi's figure in blade form). However, it won't truly be the Master Sword until Fi completely morphs with the sword, seriously beefing it up in power and making it the Blade of Evil's Bane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom