• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
If you are genuinely town then lynching yourself is counter productive. I would never lynch someone I knew for certain was town.
I think we've had this discussion before in other games. I don't mind being sacrifice if it's going to get us the most information.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
I'd be with you on this, but I would like a lynch today and Storm did act very scummy.

I don't think he's scum to be honest, like I said early I doubt scum would be so passionate about this.

I'll revote before the day ends, but I just wanted to give Tristan time to read everything and respond.
Plus we have two others who haven't posted yet, so I'm hoping they'll chime in before end of day.

I do agree that Libk doesn't seem too scummy right now as well. Even though I don't agree with his reason for not wanting to reveal, he did explain why he thought it wasn't a good idea.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think we've had this discussion before in other games. I don't mind being sacrifice if it's going to get us the most information.
Okay but would you rather a 1/4 chance of hitting scum or a 0% chance? Because you are giving us a 0% chance if you are town and lynch yourself.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Okay but would you rather a 1/4 chance of hitting scum or a 0% chance? Because you are giving us a 0% chance if you are town and lynch yourself.
1/4. But I'd also like to give the replacement time to speak. If we can choose someone else before EOD sure.

Jamie

1/4. But I'd also like to give the replacement time to speak. If we can choose someone else before EOD sure.
I don't think you're mafia so you dying would not provide any info for me, I'm already reading you as town so a reveal wouldn't be helpful.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ok, first off, I'm gonna start this off by saying I disagree entirely with what Storm said regarding the neighbourhood reveal. He certainly didn't leave me in a good spot, but I'll try to convince you guys that I'm not scum.

Seeing as Storm and I share completely different ideologies regarding this game, it seems needless to say that I also disagree with Libk, and I find his continual insistence that revealing the neighbours was a bad idea to be genuinely suspicious. I know, @Jamie, you said that him being so passionate about it means he's most likely town, but I have to respectfully disagree about that. I can totally see Libk as scum saying the stuff he's saying, especially since he seems so insistent on it. Revealing the neighbours puts scum at a disadvantage.

That being said, however, I can kind of see where he's coming from. And while I don't agree with it, and he is playing suspiciously, I can still see that play coming from a townie. If anything, Jamie, I find it noteworthy that you are the only person in your neighbourhood that 100% disagrees with the idea, and insistent that revealing the neighbours was beneficial. That can be taken as a good thing or a bad thing, but really, I find the fact that you immediately said what you said at the beginning of the game to be more indicative of town. Scum might agree with you, but scum wouldn't lead that idea, unless they had a really good plan for winning. I know you don't think Libk is scum, and I don't think you're scum, so between Mido and Deku, do you have an idea of who would more likely be scum?

I'm not sure who to focus on right now, but I'm kind of surprised so few people haven't really mentioned Koki. He has kind of been following Jamie most of this game so far, and I'm not too sure what to think of it. They're both good, experience players, so I can see them playing off each other as town or scum. Not really alignment indicative.

I'd really like to hear more from the other members of my own hood, all of whom have either not posted at all or have only made one post of substance.

I might have missed some things as I read the thread really quickly because I just wanted to get a post in. I'll do a more thorough read through a bit later when I have time. As it stands, though I can see him as a townie, I think I'd be willing to vote for Libk for so actively pursuing an idea that's clearly disadvantageous for town and more advantageous for scum. Also, voting for yourself is neither a scum nor a town tell, but the way he did it looked more like giving up, which I personally see more as a scum tell than a town tell.

Jamie

I know you don't think Libk is scum, and I don't think you're scum, so between Mido and Deku, do you have an idea of who would more likely be scum?
No. Neither have played outside their meta at all in my opinion. I think I got a good feel on their meta from modding them since they were both scum last game and I don't see anything out of the ordinary yet. They are both very good players.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Woo, that was a wild ride. Been reading through, grabbing some posts here and there, and I'm forming my points together.

@Johnny Sooshi: Who do you think is Scum going into this?
Neighborhood 1
Storm
karu
Pendio
Johnny Sooshi

Not sure why Storm went specifically for me and kept mentioning me in the thread before Viva La Ban, so I'm still hesitant to change my tune for Tristan.

Going back to Jamie, part of me does wonder whether the strategy proposal could be an attempt to not only gain potential town credit, but also use the proposed strategy to manipulate the town agenda? While I consider this, I ultimately find this unlikely at this time especially due to the strategy's systematic weeding-out mechanics. I don't think scum would want to risk posing something so potentially risky for the team if the town plays its cards right. This all being noted, Jamie's proposal does give me town vibes.

is bullcrap. Scum would have already shared their huts. We don't have any internal investigation advantage by not sharing our huts publicly if scum knows who is in everyone's hut.

Mido brings a good point up, and Jamie is the first to mention his Hut, so I'm still a little wary of him.

I'd say it is better for the town to focuss on neighbourhoods one by one. The remaining people of a neighbourhood have a larger chance of being scum than anyone else.

While narrowing down is the best way to ensure scum will be found, it's a slow process. I'm on the fence here because I agree, finding confirmed scum through elimination will give us exactly what we need, it's both slow and costly.

The bolded part; keeping in mind that while the mafia knows who's town, and town doesn't even know who the mafia and other townies are. If a scum looks innocent enough and a hut member is convinced that that scum is town, they would act all buddy buddy. True that they wouldn't be scumbuddies, but there is a third party role; if the mafia were winning the game, it would benefit that third party player to help them and not the town in order to survive. So that's something to look out for I think

Good point, definitely worth noting. Scum can possibly pull a Stockholm Syndrome scam and win over neighbors, which will make finding scum in a specific neighborhood difficult.

I'm not sure who to focus on right now, but I'm kind of surprised so few people haven't really mentioned Koki. He has kind of been following Jamie most of this game so far, and I'm not too sure what to think of it. They're both good, experience players, so I can see them playing off each other as town or scum. Not really alignment indicative.

Definitely not, but I think we should keep an open mind to this. If both are town, then that's great. But if both are scum it could be trouble.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
To everyone playing, is there anyone you'd like to see more from at this time?

I'd definitely like to see something from Cslaught since he hasn't posted yet and is the only member of my hut that hasn't said anything so far. Besides him, it would be nice to hear more from all of Neighborhood 1 (though Tristan has just joined, so I can't fault him too much), and Mido and DekuNut from Neighborhood 3.

Having said that, I have a read of town for half of Neighborhood 3, as well as my own. I don't have a good read on Neighborhood 1 at all, besides the early read of Storm, but I'd still like to give Tristan a chance. Therefore, I'm more inclined to try and find the scum in either my hut or 3's, since I feel like I've got it narrowed down a little bit more there. @Jamie and @Libk, because I lean more town for the two of you, do either of you have any opinions on Mido and DekuNut? Besides myself, Bok is the other person in my hut that I'm leaning town for, but it'd be nice to hear others thoughts.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit ramble-y. I've been up for a while, but I'm trying to get some thoughts in before I go to bed. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else has anything to say, and then make a final post before I go to sleep incase I'm not up before end of day.

Pen

The game is on!
Since we don't have to worry about any majorities ending the day and because I might not be able to post much more this game day I will place a vote for now. I want us to at least lynch someone.

Vote: Libk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom