• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

News: Pokémon Rumble U is the First Wii U Game to Utilize NFC

corocoro-pokemon-nfc-header.jpg

Well, that was fast. Just a week after Shigeru Miyamoto mentioned that NFC development is a high priority for Nintendo, the latest issue of CoroCoro in Japan confirms that the recently-announced Pokémon Rumble U will be the first title to make use of the feature..

The Rumble games feature a more frantic beat-em-up style battle system than the mainline series. Players will be able to battle against up to 100 enemy characters at once using any of the currently-revealed monsters, which will be available as mini-figurines. The game is due out April 24 in Japan, with a Western release likely soon to follow.

Find out more about the game’s NFC figures and see the full scan by clicking below.

Pokémon Rumble U is the First Wii U Game to Utilize NFC | GenGAME

I was expecting Nintendo to take Pokémon down the NFC route. I was not expecting them to make the figurines really hideous and cheap-looking, especially when a lot of existing Pokémon merchandise actually has pretty good quality. I suppose it matches the Pokémon Rumble aesthetic - they're supposed to be those capsule toys if I'm not mistaken - but it's not the step they need to take to build their profitability back up with NFC, methinks.

What do you think about the use of figures in Pokémon Rumble U? Do you agree that the figures are disappointing, or do you actually think they're not too bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom