• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

News: New Super Luigi U Won’t Have a Unique Story, Just New Levels

WiiU_NSLU_022013_Scrn02-690x388.jpg

Luigi’s very own New Super Mario Bros. U DLC – New Super Luigi U – will feature a full set of courses to replace the original ones from the story mode, but it won’t come with its own story. It’s just a new set of levels for Luigi.

The confirmation comes from Shigeru Miyamoto, speaking to MTV Multiplayer. He also confirmed that Mario will not make any kind of appearance in the new DLC, as it’s meant to focus exclusively on Luigi. Check out his full comments by clicking below.

New Super Luigi U Won’t Have a Unique Story, Just New Levels | GenGAME

Yeah, yeah, I know: "Mario games don't really have stories anyway." You're right, they really don't. But at least "Bowser has built a new airship brigade for all of his Koopalings" is at least more interesting and world expanding than "all of these new levels have appeared for Luigi." It's the fact that the Mario universe has already gone downhill with the story and world-building that makes the fact that Nintendo's now basically coming out and saying "yeah, we think we can get away with charging you for a level mod" so disappointing.

What do you think?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Any word on how much this'll cost? Because spending even $20 on this seems ridiculously overpriced (that's coming from a buyer of all FE DLC ;) ).

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
This news doesn’t worry me. Yes, Mario already has a bare bones story and what little there exits is to be appreciated but does DLC need an explanation? Play the new levels and enjoy.

Ventus also raises a good point about price. New Super Mario Bros. U features around 80 levels; the New Super Luigi U DLC will include roughly as much. I’m not paying $60 for these additional stages.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Hmmm, the question of a price will likely determine whether I get this or not, it seems interesting and I really couldn't care less about them not making a new kind of story behind it…but if this thing is gonna cost a lot of coinage I likely won’t be willing to get it. If it’s around $10 I’ll be fine with it, but anything past that will be out of my interest.

Mido

Version 1
Yeah, just as with you guys, I'm a bit concerned about the price; and 10 dollars sounds about right for what we're getting. I'd say 20 is definitely pushing it, more than that is a big no-no in my opinion for now. I hope Nintendo uses a good price.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
...... D: BUT WHYYYYYYYY???? :kawaii: Whilst I agree that the Mario Series doesn't really do much in the way of sterling story telling, Nintendo is not being very smart with the Wii U. A unique story, however minimal would've (imo) appealed much greater to the many Luigi Fans out there. It would've appealed more to me at least. I may or may not get the game anyway, however, that depends majorly on the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom