• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Game Ideas

Who do you think would be a good villain for a game like this?

• Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Ghirahim

• Mystical Dark Matter !?!

• Somebody Completely New!

• Total voters
Z

zakira

Vaati_(The_Minish_Cap).gif
Just like the title says, this thread is for new Zelda game ideas, thoughts, comments, plans, music, gameplay, characters, systems ect..
So here we go again with Skyward Sword, yes it is the newest Zelda game, yes I have played and beat it, and I would strongly recommend it to you readers, thinkers, gamers, and all of you Zelda fans. :yes: but, but you ask? yes but! BUT!!!! Skyward Sword was released NOVEMBER OF 2011!! (mind blown, yes?) and now look at your calendar, look at the date, yup, that's right, it has almost been 1 whole year that we have gone without a new Zelda game! (i have played and beat them all so I am craving a new Zelda game). Anywho I have an idea for a new and improved Zelda game that I think that you might, just might, like or even love <3

I love vintage Zelda game, remember the layout of the original Zelda for NES? (If you don't think of the layout for pokemon blue/red/green/yellow or silver/gold) Yup and remember what Pokemon game they made for Nintendo DS in March 2010 (September 2009 for Japan)? That's right Heart-Gold and Soul-Silver now imagine that game style, in 3D, with amazing graphics such as some from Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time, not in a Pokemon game, not in a Mario game, not in any other game but ZELDA!!! Yes my friend that right there is a Zelda game I would go crazy for.
Story like Ocarina of Time + Graphics like Twilight Princess + Layout like The Legend of Zelda = The ultimate Zelda game

In my opinion Link should be about 16-18 years old :) Zelda should be about the same age as Link :zelda: Ganondorf, that's hard to say how old he is, so Ganondorf just be his usual 30-50 year old age :ganondorf: wait...or maybe the bag guy could be Vaati!? what about Ghirahim? hmm...something to think about...maybe they all team up and become this giant, ugly, semi-scary, villain? :suspicious: who knows anything can happen.
Tell me what you think about this idea and what you would add, edit, erase to this also maybe write about some new characters or the story line of what this game might have in it! I love new ideas and other opinions so please tell me yours! :eek:carina:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I'd like to see some one new, who isn't entirely a bad guy, but is still trying to conquer the world, for the goal of helping people, by any means necessary. The kind of bad guy, you're not entirely sure if you should consider him evil or if he should be stopped or not. So at his defeat almost leaves a tragic note in the air.

And I too would like a return to Links Awakening /Oracle of X game style, I enjoyed phantom hour glass well enough, but I feel its getting away from what made the 2d games great. (Spirit tracks used the same engined with some refinements)

As far as 2d goes, i'm tired of toon link. Minish cap was toon, both PH/ ST, past 3 2d games have been toon Link, and the last 2 of the 2d games attempted to be more 3d then 2d.

I really want a return to that true top down style, no touch pad or anything. Now they could do that, but keep the ability to still write on the map. Too often it was they told you how to solve a puzzle in another room you wrote it down then went and did it... Now being able to write where a locked door is, or where to change the water level, allows you to keep a more complex dungeon with out becoming as tedious to the player, and could only serve to help the quality of the game.

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Depends, are we talkin a new 3ds game or a new wii u game???

I've always had two specific cravings for what kind of zelda game i want to see (story wise)

1. Takes place during the Hyrulean Civil War right before OoT, the Link we play as could end up being the HoT's father, the Hylian knight that ended up being killed
2. Something involving the oracles again or the 3 goddesses

If its a 3ds game id want something with graphics along the lines of TMC, but with more 3d graphics
If its Wii U i'd want a mix between WW and SS. OR TPesque, just cleaned up and less dark

Idc how old Link is in either.

For the new home console Zelda game I want Ganon/Ganondorf to be the villain
And for the 3DS i want either Vaati or someone new

This is for the 3DS. I'd like to see a game with the Oot 3DS graphics. They were just too good and crisp. I'm also tired of the adult timeline with the recent PH and ST and those graphics. The dead timeline is also very full at this point. My favorite timeline is the child timeline, and it is time to see another game on that one. I think it would be cool to have something between MM and TP. Maybe the HoT's son, and there can be mention of how the HoT died. I want this Link to be basically the same as the kid from OoT and MM. It doesn't have to be in Hyrule either. Maybe something just off the map, like starting from the forest down or something (Like Johto to Kanto type of thing). Someone new as the enemy would be cool, or an updated Vaati. Also we need an announcement soon! I wonder when we will get one.

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
I recently had an idea about Death Sword becoming the main villain for a game, the idea is that he was one of the main demons in Skyward Sword (you don't need to play the video, just look at the still))
[video=youtube;m9xXOtDFRjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xXOtDFRjM[/video]
and the game will either focus on how he murdered all of the Gerudo's and end with Link sealing him in the Arbiter's Grounds, or it will focus on something after Twilight Princess, as he turned into flies after his defeat, and they flew outside, meaning he is still around.

D

diledude92

Everyone has their own ideas, and I respect them, so please respect mine:)

The Legend of Zelda
Rise of the Sages

A game that takes place between skyward sword and ocarina of time, making a better connection and answering unanswered questions. In this game, you will be able to control another character besides Link, however, the others characters will have some unique, their own attack, own instrument, etc.
1) In this game, there are 3 deitys, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, however, these dietys share some connection with the one's from OOT (deku tree)

Faron

In this game, Faron watches over Faron Province. At some point, Link returns to Faron Woods to find a Forest Sage. I'm gonna assume the Kikwi are related to the Kokiri, so the race in this game will be what the Kikwi turn into, they are birds, but have Kokiri characteristics. I'm gonna name the new race Kikori lol. Anyways, Link ventures deep into Faron Woods and finds a dark Forest, with poison water, dying trees, and monsters. He teams up with a Kikori, they go into the dungeon in the forest to save Faron, who is dying due to a curse placed on her (sound familiar). After the dungeon is beaten, a forest medallion symbol glows on the Kikori's hand, meaning that the Kikori is now a sage. Unfortunately, it is too late, Faron dies. But before she does, she takes off her necklace, and it's revealed that the jewel in the necklace is actually a seed, she plants it in the ground, and uses the last of her power to give the seed life. Faron dies, but before she does, she says not to worry, she will be reborn to watch over the province again in another life. The seed sprouts out of the ground, making the forest water become regular water and killing off all the remaining monsters. The Kikori sage returns to the now peaceful temple to do sage stuff. The rest of the Kikori's decide to live in the new forest. The new forest becomes Kokiri Forest, the Kikori become the Kokiri, and the sprout, you guessed it, becomes the Great Deku Tree:)

Yeah I have way too much time on my hands, but what do you think?

Also, here's an interesting twist, as a baby, Link's mother is carrying him away on a horse from a horde of bokoblins. She jumps over a fence and she drops Link, but is not aware of it. She is sadly killed by the bokoblins. The baby is then approached, later, by a Gerudo man with red hair. He looks at the crying baby, tells him not to worry, and then carries him off into the desert. Ganondorf is Link's father and for the whole game (Well most of it), Link believes Ganondorf is a man with a good heart for saving him, little does he know the mean cruel person Ganondorf actually is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has their own ideas, and I respect them, so please respect mine:)

The Legend of Zelda
Rise of the Sages

A game that takes place between skyward sword and ocarina of time, making a better connection and answering unanswered questions. In this game, you will be able to control another character besides Link, however, the others characters will have some unique, their own attack, own instrument, etc.
1) In this game, there are 3 deitys, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, however, these dietys share some connection with the one's from OOT (deku tree)

Faron

In this game, Faron watches over Faron Province. At some point, Link returns to Faron Woods to find a Forest Sage. I'm gonna assume the Kikwi are related to the Kokiri, so the race in this game will be what the Kikwi turn into, they are birds, but have Kokiri characteristics. I'm gonna name the new race Kikori lol. Anyways, Link ventures deep into Faron Woods and finds a dark Forest, with poison water, dying trees, and monsters. He teams up with a Kikori, they go into the dungeon in the forest to save Faron, who is dying due to a curse placed on her (sound familiar). After the dungeon is beaten, a forest medallion symbol glows on the Kikori's hand, meaning that the Kikori is now a sage. Unfortunately, it is too late, Faron dies. But before she does, she takes off her necklace, and it's revealed that the jewel in the necklace is actually a seed, she plants it in the ground, and uses the last of her power to give the seed life. Faron dies, but before she does, she says not to worry, she will be reborn to watch over the province again in another life. The seed sprouts out of the ground, making the forest water become regular water and killing off all the remaining monsters. The Kikori sage returns to the now peaceful temple to do sage stuff. The rest of the Kikori's decide to live in the new forest. The new forest becomes Kokiri Forest, the Kikori become the Kokiri, and the sprout, you guessed it, becomes the Great Deku Tree:)

Yeah I have way too much time on my hands, but what do you think?

Also, here's an interesting twist, as a baby, Link's mother is carrying him away on a horse from a horde of bokoblins. She jumps over a fence and she drops Link, but is not aware of it. She is sadly killed by the bokoblins. The baby is then approached, later, by a Gerudo man with red hair. He looks at the crying baby, tells him not to worry, and then carries him off into the desert. Ganondorf is Link's father and for the whole game (Well most of it), Link believes Ganondorf is a man with a good heart for saving him, little does he know the mean cruel person Ganondorf actually is.

Seems like an intriguing idea. But where are the other temples located and who is the main boss? Also is the link in this related to the HoT baby that Ganondorf picks up?

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
Link's Soul

I think a good idea would be that Link's shadow (Dark Link..whatever) would have taken over Hyrule and Link has to conquer his own self to save everyone.

Dark Link has escaped from Link's soul and has conquered Hyrule.
Link's own soul has been shattered, and Dark Link has imprisoned the shards across Hyrule.
Link has no memory of anything and seems like a lifeless shell. A strange man tells him to seek out the soul shards.
Every shard Link gets restores a bit of his memory and he also learns of Dark Link's iron grip over Hyrule.
After obtaining all the shards, Link goes to Dark Link's castle and weakens him. Link uses his shards to cleanse and restore his soul, imprisoning Dark Link once again.
Filled with pure light, Link's soul is too much for the corrupted Dark Link and ultimately destroys him. Link regains all his memory and finds that the strange man from earlier was the King of Hyrule.
Link finds Zelda imprisoned in a dungeon in Dark Link's castle, and they leave for home as Dark Link's castle crumbles.
The End
I think it might be a good idea, but I'm not sure. In my head, it seems way more darker than any Zelda game.
This takes place after Twilight Princess.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
No Zant option? What if they came back and took the whole Twilight theme back? I know this would never happen but I would definitely buy it no doubt.

D

diledude92

Seems like an intriguing idea. But where are the other temples located and who is the main boss? Also is the link in this related to the HoT baby that Ganondorf picks up?

1) Deep within Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano Summit/Death Mountain Crater, Lanayru Lake(Lake Hylia), Gerudo Desert, Snowpeak Province
These 5 temples will represent a sage as you know, the one in Faron Woods is the forest sage, fire is eldin, water is lanayru, spirit is desert, shadow is snowpeak
Faron Woods=Forest
Eldin Volcano=Fire
Lanayru Lake=Water
Gerudo Desert=Desert
Snowpeak=Snow/Shadow

There will be 5 other dungeons, 3 for the hero, 1 just for the sages, and the final one, just for the hero
Temple of Courage=Forest/Dark
Temple of Wisdom=Water/Light
Temple of Power=Fire/Snow (Eldin Province and Snowpeak Province will be connected in this game, Hyrule always moves around lol)

Temple of the Sages=Each room represents a dungeon you were previously at

The final boss will be someone who was aware of Demises' existance and worships him, but that's all I got:P

All Link's are related, they all have the spirit of the hero. This Link is a descendent of the OOT Link, child timeline, after TP

The ideas you have for a new Zelda game isn't bad at all. I think you got a good combination of past games that you've obviously like. I also like them as well.
As for the villain. I love Ganondorf as much as the next person, but I would also like to see someone new. When I played the Zelda games that have a different villain it certainly breaths new air into the series. I like the way the new villains they come up with now, with their story and motives.

I can't wait for another Zelda game! :triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom